Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rupashree KamatYour feedback matters!
I some times having pain on my left eye along with head. I searched it online and found it as crystal headache. How to get rid of pain during crystal headache.
My eyes gets pained when I walk through sunlight, while reading at classroom, while sitting in car etc.
Im 18 year girl. My eye sight is too worst. I'm wearing lens I don't know the power but it is like I can't even tell the time in walclock. Please suggest some remedies to get better vision. Please dis scares me. Some people telling that in 30'S you ll be blind like that all they are telling please help me:(
Mere aankh me dard, check ke Muscle me bohut pain ho rha ulti jaise maan kar rha kya Kru jo thik ho jayegA.
I have red eyes for 3 days that's why I don't able to concentrate during the lectures. What should I do?
I have a problem in my eyes it get pain whenever I came for sun it feel like a blindness and became red.
From last 3-4 days I have night sweat, abnormal heart beat, not able to eat or drink anything, back pain, shaking of body parts, fever, sneeze nose and red eyes. I do not get sleep. Pl advise.
I have red eyes for over two days. I am not able to sleep correctly. Please help me for this. I am so consistent at my food and all daily activities. Please help me at my question. Thankyou.
I feel my left eye like blur I can see anything which is near to me but I see like blurry when something is far to me Only in left eye Whats is the reason? And how I can prevent?
I have a black colour just below my eyes. It could not change for a few days. My face become more ugly due to these black colour. How I can reduce these black colour?
I am 27 years old married female having the problem of facial hair. I have lots of hair on face especially on chin. I don't want any surgery or laser treatment. Please advise to reduce or to get rid of these hair permanently. thanks.
What is cylinder and apix in the slip when we check aur eyes and how to reduce the eye number as I am wearing spectacle from last 4 year and now my number has increased by almost 1 point.
My eye was paining once I go to the doctor but not find a perfect check up what can I do the doctor says that I do not neet gogle.
My eyes become red when I come in contact with dust, cell phone and more. I used lots of eyes drop but not get wright solution yet.
A child’s sense of vision is constantly developing through infancy and childhood. At the same time, there are a number of diseases and eye conditions that may affect a child’s vision. The more common amongst these affect the child’s ability to focus and the alignment of the eyes. These include:
- Amblyopia or lazy eye: This condition refers to underdeveloped vision in one eye. It is a fairly common condition and may be caused by the misalignment of eyes. In such cases, both eyeballs look in different directions and are unable to focus on one object.
- Ptosis: In such cases, the upper eyelid droops and partially covers the eye thereby obstructing vision.
- Conjunctivitis or pink eye: This refers to a bacterial or viral infection that causes inflammation of the conjunctiva. It is highly contagious and characterised by an itchy discharge in one or both eyes and the reddening of the white part of the eye.
- Chalazion: Chalazion is characterised by the development of a small lump on an eyelid. This typically occurs as a result of the clogging of the meibomian gland.
- Stye: Styes are a common childhood occurrence. It is usually caused by an infected eyelash and appears as a sore, red lump on the eyelid edge.
- Preseptal or orbital cellulitis: Orbital cellulitis usually develops as a result of an eyelid infection or upper respiratory infection. It could also be the result of trauma. Some of the typical symptoms of this condition include redness of the eyes, swelling and pain around the eyes. The swelling may even keep the eye from opening completely.
- Blocked tear duct: If the tear duct is blocked, the risk of eye infection is greatly increased. As a result, the child’s eyes may water excessively.
In almost all cases of eye infection, the earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat and the less permanent damage it can cause. Hence, it is important to get your child’s eyes checked regularly by an ophthalmologist. Ideally, a child’s eyes should be screened at least once between the ages of six months to a year and between three to three and a half years.
Once they start going to school, their eyes should be checked at the slightest complaint of vision problems. This is because refractive errors such as near sightedness or far sightedness and astigmatism may develop at this age. In many cases, if a child wears corrective glasses in the early stages of such refractive problems, the condition may resolve itself.