Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Rupali MahamuniYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in the thighs and in the calf muscles. Numbness in feet since 1 year. Doing exercises. Still the is not completely gone.
Hello. I am 20 years old. I used to sit 4 hours in a day for studying. With my both legs folded and used to sit on bed. Now my both legs and hand feel weak and pain at night is very high from a month. I have smoked two times in my life. Am I suffering from paralysis symptoms.
I see a black spot on my right leg exactly at centre from knee and ankle. Whenever I touch It feels itchy ann I had to scratch on it to get relief and the skin at that spot feels a bit hard and dry. It release a kind of white dry flakes. I went to a local dermatologist and he prescribed Onabet cream I applied it for some days but of no use. Please suggest what it could be.
Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that affects the joints and bones of the patient and creates general problems when it comes to mobility and other such postures, which require some amount of physical stamina and strain. This kind of condition can be of many types. Furthermore, it can affect many different parts of the body right from the knees to the shoulders and the wrists. There are many forms of treatment for this condition, which may be carried out by orthopedic specialists as well as other practitioners of alternative medicine.
Read on to find out why Ayurveda is one of the best ways to deal with this condition.
- Ancient science: Ayurveda is an ancient science that is steeped in the logic of ages, and it has been allowed to evolve over numerous centuries, which makes it all the more authentic when it comes to various forms of treatment.
- Combination of measures: Ayurveda is not just a field of medicine, but it is primarily known as a life science because it combines a variety of measures that have to do with inside out cleansing of the system. From massages to herbal medicines, yoga postures to lifestyle changes, this form of treatment can help the patient get rid of the condition rather than just treat the symptoms.
- Massages: When we use a particular oil or herb to massage our bodies, we are actually imbibing the goodness and richness of those elements, which are ideal for the condition that we are suffering from. This oil that may be derived from cloves or various other elements that are naturally found, can actually seep right into the bones and joints to repair the condition. Mustard oil and camphor are also well known oils for arthritis.
- Doshas: Ayurveda depends on the various doshas for a proper form of diagnosis, and arthritis comes under the Data dosha. This typically affects the energy, surrounding the proper functioning of the joints and therefore, one can safely say that this is a well-researched body of science, which is being put to use so as to prescribe medicines and other forms of treatment for that particular dosha.
- Exercise: The yogic postures are known to have helped many people and the various asanas that are specifically required for an arthritis patient will help in doing away with the root cause of the disease. These asanas include the less rigorous ones that can build strength and stamina so that the patient is able to lead a more normal and healthy life.
- Lifestyle changes: The diet changes that will be prescribed for arthritis-affected patients along with the changes in one’s routine, will help in reaching the root cause of the condition so that he or she may get a better chance at normalcy in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am experiencing a sensation like something is crawling up my right thigh for the past week. It occurs when I am standing and looking ahead or when reclining in a chair or lying down. However the sensation disappears when I bend forward when sitting or standing. I have cervical spondylosis but mild condition.
I am a 49 year old female. I have been having persistent neck, shoulder and back pain for a long time despite medication.
Does amino acids heal injuries such as shin splints. Am having this shin splints problem from past around 1 year due to football.
Left hand muscle or bone pain and right hand muscle or bone pain what is the cause I have gastric ulcer.
Hi, I am 27 years old and a software engineer, these days I am suffering with burp continuous after eating or taking water. sometime I also have pain in my back between shoulder blades and l feel like something stiff their. When I get pain I also feel very discomfort. Is the pain due to gas or do I have any other problem.
My mother is 48 year old. She is suffering neck and arms pain for 2 year. We go to neurologist and he gives tryptomer10 mg, nexito plus capsules and pantodac tablet but she is not fine. Again we go him and he suggest cervical xray and he said that go to orthopedic. We go md in an orthopedic doctor and he gives etornext er, gunsar pain oil, pantolex, predme4 and calcium tablet. But my mother is not fine for pain. She done neck and arm exercise daily but her pain is not end. She is not diabetes person. Please gives me medicine name so her pain is clear and never comeback pain again.
My left wrist was lightly injured in metro, somebody sat down with full force on my wrist. An b & w ex-ray was done and found no bone fracture. But still whenever any pressure is done suddenly it gives pain. Kindly suggest.
I am 21years old male and I have pain in my neck from backside and also have pain in my shoulder. I am unable to throw anything with my hand as my shoulder starts paining. I have consulted a doctor and taken x-ray of my shoulder but no fracture was found. Why this is happening and what to do to solve my problem of my shoulder and neck?
I am suffering from right shoulder pain from 3 months. Please help me and suggest for better health ?
My left leg is fracture and there is a rod planted by a doctor around 5 months done we are walking this time but I have feel the pain in leg and not proper walk by me.
If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, you may be at a high risk of developing Carpal tunnel syndrome. This is a very painful condition in which the hands and wrists are affected. The Carpal tunnel refers to a structure which is formed by the bones present in the wrist and the surrounding connective tissues, through which the nerves and tendons controlling the thumb movement pass. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the connective tissues get swollen because of inflammation and the nerves passing through the tunnel are crowded and squeezed.
Ways to get relief from Carpal tunnel syndrome:
Here are some common ways by which a patient with Rheumatoid arthritis can get relief from any discomfort caused due to Carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Get your Rheumatoid arthritis treated. Carpal tunnel syndrome is commonly caused because of an underlying sickness such as rheumatoid arthritis. Medicines such as disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs are used to manage the condition and for reducing inflammation which causes carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Getting enough rest is also very important. You must avoid using that hand or wrist, which has been affected for some weeks. This will allow the inflamed tissue to heal.
- You may wear a wrist splinter. A splint is suggested for resting your wrist therefore, it is kept in a neutral position. It can be worn during the day or when you are sleeping.
- You can take prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for pain relief. These also help in reducing the swelling of tissues within the carpal tunnel.
- A Cortisone shot may also be effective for easing the carpal tunnel syndrome. These steroid injections are given directly into the carpal tunnel. You will be able to get temporary relief from pain.
- A set of Carpal tunnel exercises have been developed by doctors. These are designed for stretching the wrists and for keeping them limber. You must perform these exercises on a regular basis for best results. Yoga is also effective for easing carpal tunnel syndrome. Performing regular yoga will help you to improve your wrist pain. The upper joints of the body are strengthened.
- Take breaks at work on a regular basis. By changing your position and taking short breaks, your Carpal tunnel symptoms are bound to improve. This is more essential for people who do a job where great stress is placed on the wrists. If you are into typing, you need to take breaks and stretch your wrists.
There are several alternative therapies for easing carpal tunnel syndrome, which are being studied and researched on. They include the likes of acupuncture, chiropractic care, magnets, botox treatments and vitamin B6 supplements.