Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rupali AwateYour feedback matters!
I am 32 yrs old. Had consulted endro. I Have low sperm with less beard. As per report Dr. didn't suggest me any medication. please help me. Regarding less beard its not a heredity.. Can it be cured.
How long it will take to recover from a frozen shoulder after fracture healing and I am already taking physiotherapy.
Hi My penis doesn't erect properly while having sex. But while watching porn stuff it does. Can you help me what to do as I am getting married next week.
I have migraine issue but after taking doctor's prescription, I started taking medicine but I didn't get relief so please suggest.
I am 25 years old man. I think I have a serious problem whenever I used to laugh I feel pain in my heart area. Sometimes while stretching in doing exercises I also fell the pain. Rest I am fit and don't have any other problem. Please suggest me what to do. I have not gone to any doctor till now. But as days are passing the pain is increasing. So please help me.
I have hard pain in head because I drop from ladder when I drop I see whole white around my eyes in back head and fill like vomiting but I no vomiting and swallow in backward head what should I do? I take dompan medicine.
With regards. Doct. 3 years ago I got marry. But I don't have any interest in sex as normal. I use to sex 15-20 times in a month. please suggest me that how can I improve my desire in sex.
I am male. 33 yrs. Married for last 2 yrs. I think I am not able to ejaculate sperm while having sex in her vagina, but when I masturbate a lot of fluid comes out. What shud I do.
My fasting blood sugar level is103.4mg/DL and postprandial blood sugar level is 165.8mg/dl. What should I do?
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that occurs in children and adults. The typical appearance is of red, thickened, scaly patches on the skin (plaques). These plaques can vary in size and distribution from person to person. In some people it may affect small areas of skin while others may have large areas covering their body.
What kinds of psoriasis occur in children?
Each of the patterns of psoriasis described in adults can be seen in children. These include:
- Flexural psoriasis (red areas between skin folds)
- Scalp psoriasis (thick scales found on areas of the scalp)
- Nail psoriasis (nail dystrophy related to psoriasis)
- Acute guttate psoriasis (small red plaques occurring after an infection)
- Chronic plaque psoriasis (red plaques with scaling occurring anywhere on the body)
- Erythrodermic psoriasis (severe reddening covering most or all of the body)
- Pustular psoriasis (severe pustules that arise acutely)
- Photosensitive psoriasis (affecting areas of sun exposure)
- Guttate, facial and flexural psoriasis are particularly common in children.
What causes psoriasis?
- Psoriasis has a strong genetic component and is due to abnormal processes involved in regulation of the immune system.
- Individuals may have flares in psoriasis in response to stress, injury, medications and infections (particularly streptococcal tonsillitis).
- Psoriasis is not contagious, therefore, affected children do not need to be isolated from other children.
How is the diagnosis made?
- The diagnosis of psoriasis is usually made clinically. This involves a doctor examining the skin and making the diagnosis based on the appearance of the affected areas.
- The plaques tend to be distributed symmetrically.
- They favour certain sites such as scalp, elbows and knees; or; skin folds such as behind ears, armpits and groin.
- They are well circumscribed, red and scaly.
- There is often a family history of psoriasis.
- Occasionally, a skin biopsy may be necessary to distinguish psoriasis from other skin conditions that may appear similar.