Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit TodkarYour feedback matters!
What would be permanent solution for mouth ulcer? i am facing same problem in every weather changing situation even though i don't having any digesting problem & it effect is continuous at least 4-5 days. Generally i am taking folic acid & B complex in rare case for the solution. I am a vegetarian in food.
When I wake up in morning there is always rusty blood in my saliva, This not happen any other time in the day. After spitting 3-4 times saliva color becomes normal. And sometime when I have cough that time also not always but very often rusty blood comes with saliva. Is this normal or any type of disease. How to cure it. Is this any type of mouth throat cancer. please help me and tell.
At the root of many of teeth, the skin is removed and slowly the the root is getting exposed. I brush everyday. Although I try very hard to keep it clean, bad odor comes. What should I do ?
Having a bad breath smell is considered a social stigma. Also known as halitosis, it refers to the unpleasant odor that can be sensed when the affected person opens his/her mouth. When in the company of a person with bad breath smell, many people tend to cover their nose. The most frequent cause for this malady is the bacterial growth in the mouth. So, you need to find ways of avoiding the accumulation of bad bacteria in your mouth in order to eliminate bad breath. A very common cause that encourages bacterial growth is having a dry mouth.
The treatment for bad breath varies from oral hygiene, to avoiding certain kinds of foods, particularly those causing a reduction in the production of saliva. Some helpful ways of treating bad breath are mentioned below. You'll also discover the reasons that make them effective.
1. Brush your teeth, followed by gargling, at the end of each meal: it helps eliminating the food particles that may be left in your mouth. These tiny particles can cause a foul smell as they start decaying.
2. Scrap the tongue: your tongue has millions of infinitesimal hairs, where bacteria gets trapped and causes bad breath. You can recognize the presence of bacteria on your tongue as it gets coated with a white layer.
3. Chewing sugar-free gum encourages the flow of saliva, while a dry mouth encourages the growth of bacteria. So, if you keep your mouth hydrated, the bacterial growth is eliminated or restricted.
4. Visit your dentist periodically: your dentist can discover if any gum problems or perhaps a decayed tooth are the cause of bad odor. For instance, that filling in your tooth may have cracked, or it might be inefficiently positioned, allowing food particles to get deposited there, resulting to a bad breath.
5. Avoid mouthwashes and breath fresheners that contain alcohol: though such formulations help masking bad odors for a while, they also dry the mouth quickly, and thus facilitate undesired bacterial growth.
6. Apply peppermint oil: this solution may be applied with or even without using a toothbrush. It has mouth refreshing properties, and it helps killing unwanted bacteria.
7. Use baking soda: a proven treatment for bad breath is brushing your teeth with baking soda. It also helps keeping a good oral health.
8. Consume leafy green vegetables: many people are not aware that chlorophyll, as available in leafy green vegetables, helps keeping your breath fresh all the time. So, start eating such vegetables regularly.
9. Avoid certain foods: toxic foods, such as spicy meats and certain varieties of cheese, including blue and Camembert, should be avoided, as they encourage the formation of gases in the stomach, and these tend to escape through the mouth, causing a foul smell.
I had mild pain in my jaws, pain in one ear and soar throat for a fortnight. Now it is getting reduced. I smokes two to three cigarettes a day and afraid of oral cancer. Do I have to wait for few more days or to consult a doctor immediately.
I have got ulcers in the mouth. One on the underside of the tongue and other on the inner lining of the cheek. What are some home remedies, or medication if necessary? Also, what are the causes of ulcers in mouth?
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hello delegates, my teeth gets collide or like grinding each other in the early morning while sleeping . My mother told about that. What is the cause and solution of this problem. Tia.
I have some dental problem and a black spot is there in between the root teeth what can I do what will be the remedy.
My daughter age is 7 yrs. She had a cavity in wisdom teeth .Root canal was done 3 years ago. 15 days back she gave complaint of the same teeth. Pain is reducing but abses appear on the same teeth gum. It has puss also. please suggest me.
Make your teeth sparkle!
Tooth jewellery is the most fashionable thing in today's world. Dental Jewellery is a brilliant way to add sparkles to your smile and stand out of the crowd.The best of film stars, models and high society people are into tooth jewellery. Teenagers and pretty girls, can use tooth jewellery to add a sparkle to their beautiful smile. It's true. With Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center's jewels you can actually have a sparkling smile! It's easy, painless and a superficial procedure which requires no alteration to your teeth.
Tooth jewellery is basically an accessory which is fixed on any prominent front tooth.
A lot of jewellery designs in different sizes and colors are available to choose from, and you can pick depending on what you wish to express with your smile.
Features & Advantages-
1.Dental jewellery is very affordable.
2.Very simple and short procedure.
4.You can get them matching with your attire that you are going to wear.
5.No tooth structure is damaged.
6.Superficial. No drilling/holes required.
7.Can be removed at any time if desired.
8.Can be fixed again at a later stage.
9. Achieve a perfect picture on your big day.