Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit R LuthraYour feedback matters!
I had a small incident at last month. I fell down from bike. That time I directly touched the floor by hand. That time no pain in my hand. But after two weeks little bit pain in left hand wrist area. If am strongly supporting my hand some where to do something or to lift some thing means I have a pain in wrist area. Some while twisting time also pain is there. So what to do?
I am 55 years old & suffering from shoulder pain since 6 months. I am unable to raise hands straight. Please advice me what exercise I should follow to resolve the issue ?
Sir, what is the perfect treatment for knee pain. That problem scandalizing me from 6 month. In beginning it was a normal negligible pain. But now it is increased and disturbing me all time. Please help and suggest me for treatment.
I am having a lateral foot pain on both legs Is it because of driving My height is 165 cm My weight is 70 KGS Please advice me on exercises I have to do to reduce.
Few days ago I fall from a hight of 10 or 11 feet and now I have pain in my leg. I have used many medicines but no relief. I can't walk properly. Please suggest something.
2) it occurs due to increased uric acid levels which get deposited into joints, heart, kidneys, every patient with raised uric acid doesn't have gout.
All such patients not having gout need not be treated with uric acid lowering agents.
3) it commonly presents as acute sudden attack of red hot swollen joint, usually base of great toe, to begin with (see photograph below)
4) then patient will have a phase where he/she is completely normal. Later on attacks will be more in number, as disease progress they will be more frequent, the attack will last for longer days, and will spread to other joints
5) gout is not only a disease of joints, but it affects heart and kidneys too. It can kill! also severe disease develops 5-10 years after first attack.
6) that is why gout need to be treated with life long therapy, rather than only few days of therapy as commonly practiced incorrectly.
7) gout patients can have dals. Its a wrong concept and biggest myth in gout to stop dals. You have to anyways take medicine, dals are good for health, no use stopping them.
8) gout its along with their medicine should also consume lot of water (washes uric acid in urine). Should also limit alcohol and red meat (they can be allowed in reasonable quantity, no need of complete stopping, remember its a lifelong commitment:)
9) if you don treat gout properly
- the disease can spread to other joints (see hand joints photographs below), with severe damage to joints (see x-ray)
2-3 months back my below fractured Dr. did operation n after 45 days plaster removed everything OK but after I consult physiotherapist in Delhi he told use hot water rock salt n ajwain after 1 month I consult in Bangalore here they told use ice pack don't use hot water n all I am very confuse what to do.
I am 17 years old girl. I am suffering from acute pain at back of my neck from last 6 months. But now it has become so painful that I can't study or even look down for long time. What should I do?
My mother is 50 years old and us suffering from diabetes from the last 5 years. Now she is complaining of pain in the whole body. Pain is more in her wrist. There is also swelling in her legs. All tests are normal. Kidney function test and all that. We are unable to find the root cause of the pain. Kindly help us.
I have medium pain in neck when I get up from bed every morning from the last 1 week. What should I do?
My both leg got operated for ligament tear after then continually my leg is suffering with pain lack of strength however I am doing exercise also .now my left leg knee is severely getting me in trouble and pain unstoppable doctor said cartilage problem and for again for operation and simultaneously same problem started with right knee also .i can not bent my leg and it is paining in either of the condition and can not leave it straight or can not fold it .i do not want to do operation .phytharsphy started again .please help me to get rid of this.
Every arthritis is not the same. While osteoarthritis, also called as green arthritis, may require only painkillers and rehabilitation exercises, the red inflammatory arthritis called rheumatoid arthritis may lead to serious deforming complications if not treated early and aggressively.
Any arthritis in young women of child-bearing age should not be ignored, especially if it is worse in the morning and improves by movement. Most of them will have high platelet count on blood examination. These patients require aggressive treatment with disease?modifying drugs within days of the onset of symptoms and diagnosis. Approximately 1?2% of population may have this type of disease.
Osteoarthritis, on the other hand, is a disease of 50+ age group and is due to wear and tear of various joints in the body and break down of the cartilage cushion in the joints. It mainly affects the weight?bearing joints like the knees, hips, neck and lower back joints. Inflammation is not a major feature of osteoarthritis. The experts said that another form of joint disorder is due to gout which is never seen in people below 40 years of age and is almost never seen in young women before the onset of menopause unless there is a known underlying kidney disease and never seen in children.
The progression of osteoarthritis can be arrested with appropriate exercises, weight reduction and preventing posture and movement that worsen the disease.
Typical wear and tear of osteoarthritis is caused by sitting cross legged, doing Padmasana, squatting, other non physiological postures, sitting on low level surface like floor and low chairs, doing push-ups, going up and down on stairs, etc.
Most yoga postures should be done under medical supervision and should follow with a counter yoga exercise.
Most patients of serious arthritis end up taking treatment in other systems of medicines or with quacks.
From marathon runners to footballers, amongst athletes, 'pulling a hamstring' is the most common type of injury. The hamstring is a group of four muscles at the back of your thigh. When one of these muscles gets overloaded or begins to tear, it is known as a hamstring injury. While a hamstring injury is painful, it does not indicate the end of an athlete's career.
Minor hamstring injuries may heal by themselves. In cases where one of the muscles is torn, surgery is required to repair and reattach the muscles. Recovery time depends on the severity of the injury. Stretching and exercising the muscles of the leg are the most important parts of rehabilitation. The healing of a hamstring injury can be divided into four stages.
- Acute phase: The first five days after a hamstring injury is known as the acute phase of rehabilitation. The aim of treatment at this phase is to reduce inflammation and keep the other muscles from atrophy. For minor hamstring injuries resting the leg, using ice packs and keeping the leg elevated can accelerate the healing process. Once the pain and swelling has decreased, patients can use a cane or crutch to exercise the leg.
- Subacute phase: From the fifth day to the 3rd week after the injury, the focus of the treatment shifts from minimizing swelling to strengthening the leg and increasing the range of possible motions. At this time, an athlete can resume cardiovascular training. Swimming and other forms of aquatic training are said to be especially beneficial to the treatment of hamstring injuries.
- Remodeling phase: The remodeling phase continues upto 6 weeks after the injury. Strengthening the leg is the focus of this stage of treatment. Using ankle weights can be beneficial towards strengthening the leg muscles. It is important to be careful about the weight being used and to gradually increase this weight to avoid an added injury.
- Functional stage: This stage can last upto 6 months until the athlete can regain full function of his or her leg. As the athlete's gait gets back to normal, they may start jogging and short sprints. Gradually, more sport specific exercises may be added to the workout.
There is no fixed time when an athlete can return to active sports after a hamstring injury. While players with minor injuries may return to the field after 3 weeks, athletes with muscles tears may take upto 6 months to recover completely. Hamstring injuries tend to reoccur and hence before they can get back to active sports, an athlete must pass an isometric strength test and flexibility test. This ensures that there are no subtle after effects of the injury that can increase the risk of a repeat injury.
I am 37 and fractured pelvis right side during an accident. After consulting with doctor. He advice me to bed rest of 20 days with traction right leg. But after 15 daysmy left leg swollen from hip to anckle. What is cause of this and what do I do ? Please advice me.
My collar got fracture on 16 June 2016, when will I able to drive a motorcycle, and what prescription should I take for faster improvement.
Level causing mild narrowing of bilateral neural foraminae. Doctor has advised surgery which I do not want. Please Advise whether any other treatment is available.
PHYSIOTHERAPY AND PREVENTING BACK AND NECK PAIN
Back and neck pain are common problems for adults. The best way to deal with back, neck and other joint or muscle problems is to prevent them from happening in the first place! 70% of back problems are caused by activities of daily living. These can often be avoided by paying attention to your posture, lifting heavy items properly, exercising regularly and strengthening your core, and sleeping on your side or back, and on a good mattress.