Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Robin Mukundan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Robin MukundanYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 36 weeks pregnant now. From today afternoon I am feeling to urinate more than before. Every 15 mins I am feeling to urinate. I am worrying if water breaks down. Is this frequent urination a symbol of water breaks down? Pls tell the signs of water break down how it will be.
I am a 23 year old male. I had unprotected sex with my gf on 28th of May, 2016. Though I didn't enter her fully, my penis did touch her vagina walls. Around 2 weeks later, she had her periods. But since two days, She complained of some dizziness and weakness. On 25th of June, 2016 she did a pregnancy test and it showed 2 lines on the T part of the test kit. Can she be pregnant? Please advice.
2 Major causes of premature ejaculation and how to manage it
One of the most common sexual dysfunctions in men, Premature Ejaculation (PE) stands for the uncontrollable discharge of semen either prior to or immediately after sexual penetration. Usually ejaculation that occurs within 30 seconds to 2 minutes is considered premature.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
PE can occur due to several reasons. As you age, you learn to control your orgasm. But there are times when you may experience uncontrolled ejaculation of semen. This usually occurs with a new sexual partner or if you’ve had your last ejaculation a long time ago. Nonetheless, the causes of this sexual problem can be the following:
A. Psychological Causes
The factors that contribute to this problem include:
1. Your previous history of sexual intercourse can cause you to develop a pattern, which may prove to be difficult to change as you move on with your life. For example, situations where you’ve hastened the climax with your partner so as to hide the problem; or feelings of guilt that cause you to rush through your sexual intercourses can go on to give rise to PE.
2. Similarly, anxiety about your sexual performance or issues related to your sexual experience can also play a role in bringing about uncontrolled discharge of semen.
3. Interpersonal problems between you and your partner can be a psychological trigger behind the problem as well.
B. Biological causes
A number of biological factors can cause the problem of premature ejaculation, ranging from abnormal hormone and brain chemicals’ levels, thyroid and prostate or urethra inflammation, to hereditary and abnormal reflex functions of the body’s ejaculatory system.
How to Manage PE
Apart from drug therapy, there are several ways through which you can effectively control your ejaculation and these are:
- Using condoms to reduce the sensitivity of your penis
- Having sexual intercourse with your partner on top can reduce your chances of experiencing premature ejaculation
- Indulging in longer foreplays can help delay your ejaculation
- Take deep breaths to delay stimulation and ejaculation
- Practice start-stop and squeeze techniques, which help in arousing your penis to the point of ejaculation but stopping before it occurs to delay semen discharge.