Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ritika AhujaYour feedback matters!
I have a white patch on my tongue. I have tried scrubbing with my brush but it keeps coming back. Now I noticed that it's kind of spreading too. What is it?
Actually my mouth is smelling very badly. What is the proper treatment for avoid it and what is the best usable tooth brush and tooth paste?
I am suffering from Dry mouth syndrome and mild anxiety. I am hypertensive and taking MetXL AM 50 OD on cardiologist advice. Please help.
I have swallowed chewing gum while drinking water. I m very much afraid since then like What kind of risks I have to pass through. please suggest remedies to overcome the problems which may occur.
Dentistry has made a lot of progress in the past few decades and continues to do so. However, certain factors, such as injuries, gingivitis, gum disease and decay of tooth can all lead to tooth loss. Previously, bridges and dentures were the only options available, but now a new form of treatment known as ‘dental implants’ have come up. Implants are basically replacements to your broken or damaged teeth and can function just like the way your original teeth did. Implants also provide a strong foundation and have a success rate of around 98 per cent.
The advantages of dental implants are the following:
- Implants help you eat easily as they act like your natural teeth. Owing to this, implants score over dentures.
- Since implants look like your natural teeth, they can give you back the smile you need and hence you appear confident and feel better about yourself.
- Implants are durable and can last a lifetime which makes it advantageous over other dental procedures.
- Implants are permanently fused to your bone and help to improve your speech as they are fitted properly to avoid any sort of slip.
Are you suited for a dental implant?
The answer is obviously yes and in fact, anyone suffering from dental concerns can go for dental implant. Being healthy for routine extraction and other oral surgeries deem you eligible and fit for dental implant procedures. However, the minimum necessity is healthy gums if you are considering dental implants. But, it is always advisable to consult your dentist.
Implants require regular visits to your dentist and maintaining proper oral hygiene is a must. If you are a regular smoker or have chronic disorders such as diabetes and heart disease or have had radiation therapy done on your neck or head region previously, then you may have to consult your dentist before zeroing in on dental implants.
I' m getting some smell from my mouth after brushing properly. Do I have any problem in my mouth or in my stomach?
I have an extra teeth coming at the last part at the right side .Followed by huge pain.Can any one help with the remedies?
L am 40 years old and is suffering from a mouth ulcer problem caused due to chewing of pan masala which l have already stopped taking since last one and half year. What is your suggestion.
Hi. Mera 20 months ka boy hai. Kya main usse brush krana start kra sakti hu. If yes. Sujest me toothpaste nd brush.
Suffering from a problem of bad breath even after brushing the problem persists. Kindly help, thanks.
Sir/ma'am m suffering from mouth ulcers, it occurs frequently in my mouth, and it occurs only when I repeat masturbate or do sex! please tell me the solution.
Good oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Here are some tips to help you look after your teeth.
1. Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a
toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on
2. Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk
3. Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
4. Floss your teeth daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
5. Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth
material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In
severe cases, teeth may be ‘eaten’ right down to the gum.
6. Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
7. Protect your teeth from injury. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing
8. Try to save a knocked out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek
immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk
and seek dental advice immediately.
9. Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to
crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking
10. See your dentist for regular check-ups.
I am 65 years old. I am regularly taking Statin 20 mg and ecosprin 75 mg. My gum are receding and bleeding.
Hi sir/ ma'am, I am 21 years old and I am suffering from mouth's chhale please help what can I do now?
Sir, I have problem in my teeth. When I sit near my friends they tell me that from. My teeth stench creates. please help me sir.
Toothache is one of the common ailments that occur frequently to individuals of all ages. Tooth pain ranges from mild to severe and can be caused by a wide variety of factors pertaining to oral health and dental decay. The pain hightens during or post the consumption of food items that are either too hot or too cold as the tooth becomes increasingly sensitive to changes in temperature.
In Ayurveda, tooth pains are known as daantshool. Ayurveda can provide an effective remedy to tooth pains both chronic and acute. Ayurvedic treatment provides relief from the pain by dealing with the root cause of the problem in a natural and holistic manner without any side effect. It also eliminates the chances of any relapse.
Some of the most common and effective Ayurvedic remedies for sharp tooth pain are as follows:
- Garlic and clove oil: Ayurvedic plants such as garlic and clove are known all over the world for their medicinal properties and healing qualities. Clove oil and garlic can be applied to the affected area of the teeth to ease the pain and improve dental health. This remedy will surely show benefits in the form of stronger teeth that are free of any pain.
- Lime and asafoetida: The vitamin C content in citrus fruits is an effective disinfectant that heals teeth which experience sensitivity due to decay and the formation of cavities. Limes can cure sharp tooth pains as well as bleeding gums and loose teeth. A mixture of asafoetida, also known as hing, and lime juice should be slightly heated and applied on the affected for pain relief.
- Neem and babool: Extracts of neem and babool are well known for their ability to heal tooth pains and related oral problems. These Ayurvedic herbs are good anti septic disinfectants that remove dental decay and provide relief from pain by healing and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Pepper and rock salt: Pepper, known as maricha in Ayurveda, is highly effective in treating sensitive teeth. When pepper dust is mixed with rock salt and applied on the aching tooth, it alleviates the pain and reduces sensitivity. This mixture will improve oral health and hygiene and it can also be used along with clove oil.
- Bayberry bark: The bark of the bayberry tree is a useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating tooth pains. A paste made from the bark and a vinegar base can be applied on the tooth for getting relief from the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.