Lybrate.com has top trusted Veterinarians from across India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritesh P Gawasakar
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Ritesh P GawasakarYour feedback matters!
I have 3 year old female Indian dog. She has problem getting up after sitting and has been walking slower than her usual pace. Vet here gave nurokind pet syrup, calcium supplement and bone builder. Yet I don't see any improvement. It has been three days since this started. Please suggest something.
My dog is having stomach upset after I changed his brand of dog food please tell me the immediate soloution and long term solution.
Hi, Doctor I am having a 50 days old female dachshund. It use to make some kind of sound through out the night ? Is there any reason fr it ? & is there any special care I have to GV to my puppy in this age.
Hello sir/mam, I have two dogs one pomerian (6 yrs) n other indian breed (11mnth) both fight with each other furiously. I have been keeping them separate since last 1 month n giving both anxocare medicine. But nothing is helpful. I don't want to neutralise the older owing to the risk involved. Please help how could they become friends as I don't want to leave anyone of them. I am in great stress. Please help.
If a dog sits in wet sand outside in summers in India then can it (sitting in wet sand) be harmful to dog? Dog is kept outside only.
My 7 years old labrador has been dull for the last 15 days, appetite normal, had blood in stool 2 days ago, blood test revealed low BUN at 7.24, elevated sgot at 69.63, elevated alkaline phosphatase at 107. Xrays and ultrasound revealed enlarged spleen. Stool test showed presence of pus cells, blood. He has had thyroid issue for the last 3 years for which we give him thyronorm 100 daily. What disease could he possibly have?
Do pet dogs (puppies) contact malaria from mosquito bites? If yes, then what is the cure? What are the symptoms?
Cracker sounds are a stress for most pets – and can leave owners pretty frazzled too.
According to figures from the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) , 45% of dogs show signs of fear when they hear loud bangs.
And 65% of owners feel anxious for their pet as the bangers go off.
But with Diwali celebrations starting, planning can take the stress out during crackers bursting. Here’s ten things you can do to help:
1. Create a safe den or hideaway, like this cat tent, right. Before fireworks night, put treats, toys and blankets there so pets associate it with positive experiences. The RSPCA’s Professor Daniel Mills said: “Dogs learn this place is safe and enjoyable. So when fireworks go off they may go there because they know no harm will come to them.”
2. Keep pets indoors. Cats should stay in and dogs walked in daylight.
3. Close curtains and play music or leave the TV on to muffle firework noise.
4. Protect small animals. Rabbits, guinea pigs or birds should be given extra bedding to burrow in and have an area of their cage or hutch covered with blankets.
5. Try letting pets smell essential oils – they can help to relax and soothe them.Use plug in pheromone diffusers.
6. Try calming supplements in their food.
7. Play with pets so they are tired and may sleep through the day.
8. Don’t punish a pet for reacting to noise – it will make things worse.