Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Riddhi SinghYour feedback matters!
I have lost my hairs. what is the solution. please tell me doctor. Your advise will be truly appreaciated
You have to more careful about your baby's skin because:-
- Is about 20-30% thinner
- Has a greater tendency for dryness
- Is more prone to allergies and irritation
- Absorbs more moisture, but loses it faster
I am civil engineer, working in chemical zone and in sun heat and my skin gone too dark, please suggest me something.
I am suffering from whitehead and open pores and scars on my face. My medicines are going on. Which are nilac gel. And slyzap gel and I hv taken 1sitting of chemical. Peeling will you suggest me something fast effective on open pores and marks.
I am 18 years old. From past few months i am suffering from heavy hair fall in forehead. I just look like a blood head man. Also i am suffering from black spots in my face. What should I do?
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.