Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Revathi AdhalakhaYour feedback matters!
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.
Hi I met accident. My x ray is clear. But my body have neel at the end of back bone and I have little pain there please advise
I am 58 years old. Till my age of 40 I used to play badminton for around one to one and half hour daily. Now I am suffering from knee pain. Dr.diagnosed the same as Astio --arthritis's. If I walk for more than 2-3 KM I am getting severe pain in my knees. Please advise me the course of treatment.
I am 39 years old have neck pain, I use pain relief ointment but I do not get any relief. What I will do.
My leg is paining from one month and I also feel difficult to walk. Canyou suggest me to what to do?
I works in office for 10 hours in roaming. I am getting legs pain. Does it effect health. Wat should I do to over come this problem.
I fell down from a tree three days back it didn't hurt much back then but now it's starting to hurt much more what should I do?
Hello sir/mam I am suffering from back pain since two months. I consult a doctor and he advised me me to do exercise but I didn't get rid of pain. Please suggest me the best.
I am a 39 years old male, having back pain, lower back pain, neck pain for the last 1 year. I have got the xray, ct scan done and undergoing allopatic treatment, but did not get any relief. What should I do to get rid of these pain through ayurveda.
I have fever from 5 days my hand and body are normal but my head is hot and pain. please suggest me what I am doing.
I have an ankle pain for almost 2 weeks. There is no such fluffiness or any other problem. The pain becomes more prominent after a long walk or climbing of stairs! What can be the probable cause of this problem? How can it be cured?
I am having pain in the legs since quite a few days and is increasing while driving at times pls help.
1. Don't lift objects away from your body with your arms outstretched.
2. Don't lift heavy weight.
3. Don't slouch in your chair
4. Don't stand a long period of time.
5. Avoid prone lying.
6. Change position in every 20min.
7. Use hard bed.
8. Use thin pillow.
9. Avoid forward bending.