Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Raviraj SavleYour feedback matters!
Iam 22years old I have -3.0 eye sight in my both eyes I want to get rid of my eyeglasses should I undergo with laser surgery is it safe and how much will it cost is it permanent.
I have my eyes pain and I get dreamy all the time my eyes get very weakness I feels sleepy what, can I do?
Hi. My eyes sight are weak. I am using spectacles. But I want to get rid of the spectacles . Kindly recommend me any medicine reduce my eyes number and want to remove spectacles. I am also Baba ramdev eyes drop. Drishti. Some body recommend me to use Komal eye drops which is good for eyes and its related problems also. So can I use komal eye drops instead of Baba ramdev medicine. Kindly suggest.
My eyesight is weak since 4 years. My weak point is 2.0 in both eyes. Please give me suggestions to improve it.
I am 21 years old, currently wearing glasses with -7 in right eye and -5.5 in left eye. I am in need of basic surgery I want to know that if there are any complications in laaic surgery if yes then kindly advise the basic things kept in mind while going through a basic surgery.
I am still feeling lazy with my right eye. It affected with infection. Allergic conjunctivitis attacks it. So many doctor are see this. But now I do not see clear with this eye. Please help doctor.
I am 20 years old student. There was so many pimples had on my face but now it appears little bit. Due to having pimples, it has given me the small hole somewhere. My head is totally clean but both of the face side are affected by these holes. Cause of this, I shy in front of anyone. Help me.
I have week eye sight and due to which I have to wear specs all day so please suggest me how to remove specs.
I have red eyes. I cannot see clearly. I also see black spot in front of my eyes so please help me on this. I am fed up right now.
My eyes will become red after using my smartphone. What I should do to reduce the redness of my eye?
Every day when I wake up in morning or after 1 hr sleep. My eye lashes are all covered with pus or eye discharge. It's very dry too. What is solution for this? Pls tell.
My daughter is 3year 10 months old. In her left eye there is a clout from 2 months. Doctor said it puss. How it can be treated?
I am 19 years old boy. I have eye problem, I couldn't see properly in the day time, when I see in the sunlight tears comes out. So what precautions should I take?
My 20 year old friend has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision? OrI know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day,
My eyes feel pressure. Over the eyelid is showing dandruff. I can't stood what is this. Pls give some reason to happening this.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"