Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra TemgireYour feedback matters!
I am 23 weeks pregnant I have very much itching in my legs, hand and stomach. Doctor please suggest me any lotion or medicine which safe to take.
My wife is 3 months pregnant she is not able eat normal food, what kind of food she must eat for baby to grow healthy, she can drink pure cow milk brought from dairy.
As I want to have sex without condom, as I always use condom which me n my wife dnt like. So Is there any other options then condom to stop unwanted pregnancy. Pls proscribe something apart from I pill or any other pills.
Acidity - gastritis: understanding the symptoms and causes
Gastritis/acidity is a group of diseases or symptoms where there is excess secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach.
If you have upper abdominal discomfort or pain, stomach fullness, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, belching, waterbrash or irregular bowel movement, then you must be suffering from acidity or gastritis. It is a problem which becomes worse when an individual has poor eating habits and improper lifestyle.
Gastritis: swelling of stomach lining
Various factors like spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. Can cause increase in gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining. Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining.
Gastritis a very common disorder of all age groups
Gastritis is of two types - acute gastritis (which occur suddenly) and chronic gastritis (develops over a period of time). In India gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years). Adolescence is a change from childhood to adulthood, the period in which a lot of physical and psychological changes occur increasing the risk of gastritis.
Multiple factors cause gastritis
Various factors like spicy food, medicines (pain killers), tobacco, alcohol, emotional disturbance, psychological stress, smoking, alcohol intake and bacterial infection lead to gastritis.
Besides these, the three most important factors include helicobacter pylori infection (bacterial infection), use of painkiller medicines and autoimmunity (body loses its own immunity and attacks itself). These factors in the long term may even cause an ulcer (permanent breakage of the stomach lining), acid reflux disorder (food coming back to mouth after swallowing) and stomach cancer.
What does Ayurveda suggest?
In Ayurveda, agni refers to fire like activity in alimentary canal responsible for digestion of food which is influenced by the status of doshas. When samana-vata associates with kapha in turn produces weak digestive power (agni-mandya). Consuming food against the code of dietetics i. E. Ahara-vidhi vidhana and ahara-vidhi-visheshayatana (method of taking food) lead to a number of diseases related with food. Eating food before the previous food is digested, untimely food, eating too much of spicy or oily food, eating when not hungry, drinking too much water during food and at a time unless required, very hot high fatty-fried food, stale food, heavy diet, excess consumption of horse gram, vitiate all the three body humours (tridosha) also contribute to the symptoms of gastritis.
Due to the sourness of consumed food the liquidity of pitta increases further decreasing the capacity for digestion (agnimandya). Hence, rasadi-dhatu is not formed in a proper manner. This, after a certain period, manifests as amlapitta (hyperacidity).
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people even there are no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is of acute (coming on suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time) type.
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness,
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Waterbrashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/vomiting feeling
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion,
- Chest burn or gnawing feeling between meals (heartburn)
- Hiccups etc.
In addition to this, symptoms of chronic gastritis may include weight loss, continuous flatulence, black stool, loss of appetite and even anemia.
How to diagnose gastritis?
To diagnose gastritis, performs a thorough physical evaluation, and may recommend a blood test for h. Pylori screening, stool test for blood in the stool. Abdominal x-rays or barium studies (upper or lower) may demonstrate the presence of thickened stomach lining and folds that are signs of inflammation in the stomach.
Sometimes, an endoscope, a thin tube containing a tiny camera, is inserted through the mouth and down into the stomach to look at the stomach lining (endoscopy). The doctor will check for inflammation and may perform a biopsy, in which a tiny sample of tissue is removed and sent for analysis of gastric lining.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Hi, Me my wife had done the physical relationship but she comes to gots pregnant in 4 days means after 4 days she suffered frm fever body pain so I just wanted to is it possibility to found fast pregnancy. Because I got shocked when she told me I am pregnant after 4 days sex after 5 days we have done pregnancy test and its shows positive. So pls is it possibility to happened in short time?
What is the chance of an abortion not happening completely with medications and what are the risks.Please tell.
Healthy navratri fasting
With the onset of chaitra navratras, it’s again the time to fast.
Instead of fasting, most of us end up feasting on high-calorie food.
Follow this tips to fast in a healthy manner:-
- Eat small meals at regular intervals like fruits, nuts, dry fruits, coconut, makhanna.
- Use spices like cumin, black jeera, turmeric, choti elachi, saboot kali mirchi, khuskhus and water melon seeds. Fresh coriander, mint, green chillies and ginger wil help in keeping stomach well.
- Milk products like milk, yoghurt and paneer will give necessary proteins.
- Flours used are — singhare ka atta, kottu ka atta, rajgiri ka atta, saboodana, arrowroot and samak will provide energy.
- Vegetables like – potatoes, raw papaya, sweet potato, bhopla, arbi, raw banana will benefit.
- Hydrate well with lots of water, coconut water, lemon water, herbal tea.
Most important thing to follow during navratri is the purity of heart and thoughts. Think good! do good! speak good! be calm and peaceful!
Plz help. I got involved in a sexual relationship on 27th august. I took ipill with 7 hours. And then suffered bleeding from 1st September to 4th September although it was not my period date. I've done 4 home urine pregnancy test with prega news pregnancy kit. 1st after 21 days of intercourse, 2nd after 28 days, 3rd after 35 days. Of intercourse and today I did my 4th test after 42 days of intercourse. All the test came NEGATIVE. But any periods have not started yet. And can it be that these results can be wrong?
Glutamine is the most abudantly distributed amino acid in the body,it is classified as a 'Non Essential' one,which can be produced by the body.It plays a vital role ,particularly where there is a steep decrease in the serum glutamine levels, due to prolonged exhaustive athlete training.The decrease is however brief,lasting upto few hours ,it can relatively bring immune response to compromise.Glutamine known for its ' Anti- Catabolic 'effect,plays an indispensable role in complete recovery of the exhausted muscles, by simply minimizing the rate of muscle breakdown followed after a strenous workouts and also strengthening immune system ,thus keeping sickness at bay.
For those into Muscle-Building activities,should consider taking under a vigilant supersion of a sport nutritionist, since its dosage cannot be generic for all. Self Assessment should be avoided.
Me & my girlfriend did oral sex almost 20 days ago. And in this time my girlfriend rub my penis in her vagina on 11.062016. And her periods started on 23rd June and ended on 28tg June. But after ending of periods bahot kam blood nikal raha tha aur stain bhi ho raha tha. Now she is planning to do pregnancy test. Tell me the best time to do pregnancy test. Pls tell.
Ramadan is a much-awaited month for various reasons. While some look forward to it for spiritual reasons, others look for the celebrations, and some others for the delicacies it brings along. Fasting for a full day is always followed by feasting, in most households. Some people begin shopping for stuff about a week or two before the starting date of Ramadan.
While it is definitely a time to feast, it is also important to eat healthy and not binge. The idea is to cleanse the mind and body of all sins, and so it is a good time to get back to better physical shape. Keep the following points in mind when planning the foods for this month-
- Ramadan is a time for cleansing, both physically and mentally, so there is no reason for fasting every single day.
- Because you fast through the day, it is not necessary to eat excessively over the time when it is possible. The body’s requirements do not change significantly, as there are always food reserves in the body
- Oily and greasy foods may be chosen with the belief that they can help you sustain without food for a longer time; this is not true. Oily and greasy foods, in fact, take a longer time to digest and also increase tiredness and fatigue. They are rich in fat, and so more fat reserves are accumulated.
- It is not necessary to spend long hours in the kitchen trying to cook up lavish meals, as the purpose of Ramadan is not just. It is more about self-contemplation and cleansing oneself.
- Eat foods which are easy to digest and also help in giving you energy. An added advantage would be to eat foods which have a cleansing or detox effect.
- Natural fruits and vegetables, dry fruits, grilled meat are good options.
- Also, take into account the regular work schedule and make sure your cooking and eating allows sufficient room for that.
- Sleep is another aspect which often gets ignored but is equally important. The body needs sleep as much as, or in some people, more than food. Lack of it can lead to fatigue, drowsiness, confusion, and fainting.
- Prophet himself has advised that only a few mouthfuls of food needs to be consumed.
- Fasting is a good way to give the body a break (digestive and other systems) and help natural detoxification.
- Do not skip exercise completely during this period. Stick to regular, light exercises which are comfortable.
- Many people tend to put on weight, but a little planning can help not just in avoiding this, but in reducing weight too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Is it safe to have unprotected sex immediately after my periods? Also can transfer of semen (from penis) leads to pregnancy when having sex right after periods are over?
The right ovary appears polycystic and measures 3.1x 2 cms. The left ovary appears polycystic and measures 3.9 x 2 cms normal uterus thickened endometrial with polycystic ovaries. This is my pelvic sonography report my periods are irregular sometime prolong and heavy bleeding. What should I do. I'm 32 years old women. I have two kid my family is complete I'm taking multi vitamin omega and duoluton.
I am married n I have missed my periods. Date was 16 n till now I did not got n we both are not intimated from last 3 months. What should I do. Can I take Mensovit plus capsule and how and when to take can you tell me. There will b any side affect if I take n want to get in periods.
Symptoms and preventions for Menopause
Hi Good morning! I am doctor Aparna Jain, senior consultant obstetrics and gynaecology. Today we are discussing problems related to menopause. Average age of menopause in an average Indian woman is 48 years. 2/3 years beyond that and before that is the period of perimenopause. Lot of women suffer from problems related to menopause first of which is hot flashes, another is urinary problem and sometimes menstrual disorder. Then there can be joint pains as well.
1. Hot Flashes. In hot flashes women usually feel lot of sweating and nervousness. Deficiency of hormones lead to hot flashes, for that we need to supplement the woman with hormones and usually we ask to avoid taking hot drinks and advice to take natural isoflavones to avoid hot flashes.
2. Menstrual Disorder. Menstrual disorder usually happens in the form of either irregular periods or heavy menses and irregular period usually occur in the initial six months to one year time then the period usually stops. If the period continues to be irregular then we need to do investigation to find out whether this woman is having any benign disorder in the uterus or malignant disorder in uterus. For that we need to do an ultrasound of lower abdomen and if required a D&C Hysteroscopy to find out whether there is any growth inside the uterus and we send this tissue for histopathology to rule out malignancy. If the bleeding till persists then the woman may need hysterectomy in that age.
3. Urinary Problem. It is quite common. Usually women do not come out with this problem because they feel shy about disclosing it. The most common problems are either frequency or dysuria which means burning during urination. Another is stress incontinence. Whenever they sneeze or cough they pass small amount of urine. It is all because of hormonal deficiency. Because of which the lining of the urinary bladder as well as the lining of the vagina becomes thin so there is chances of recurrent infection and women suffer from this problem. For this we need to supplement the women with hormones as well as ask them to take natural sources of oestrogens like soya isoflavones.
4. Joint Pain. Usually this is because of the deficiency of Vitamin D and Calcium. For this we need to address and tell them to do lot of exercises and to take Calcium as well as Vitamin D
Usually we subject every woman with health package during menopausal period in which we include a pap smear, and ultrasound routine, blood test like CBC, blood count, as well as lipid profile and kidney function test, sugar, urine routine culture, ultrasound of lower abdomen and if required mammography and if we find any problem one can go for a cardiac check up also. And, usually we tell every post menopausal woman to do some amount of exercise and take calcium and vitamin d and plenty of liquids to avoid any problem related to postmenopausal.
Thank you very much. If you have any problem related to this you can consult me either on Lybrate or you can come down to my clinic.
How do you suppose to sit?
Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don't reach the floor.
Don't cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips.
Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
How you should stand properly?
Bear your weight primarily on the balls of your feet.
Keep your knees slightly bent.
Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
Let your arms hang naturally down the sides of the body.
Stand straight and tall with your shoulders pulled backward.
Tuck your stomach in.
Keep your head level-your earlobes should be in line with your shoulders. Do not push your head forward, backward, or to the side.
Shift your weight from your toes to your heels, or one foot to the other, if you have to stand for a long time.
What is the proper lying position?
Find the mattress that is right for you. While a firm mattress is generally recommended, some people find that softer mattresses reduce their back pain. Your comfort is important.
Sleep with a pillow. Special pillows are available to help with postural problems resulting from a poor sleeping position.
Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
Sleeping on your side or back is more often helpful for back pain. If you sleep on your side, place a pillow between your legs. If you sleep on your back, keep a pillow under your knees.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which is chronic i.e. lasts for years or more than at least six weeks and may affect any part or organ of the body. The immune system fights off viruses, bacteria and germs by producing proteins known as antibodies. Autoimmune means that due to some defect, your immune system is unable to differentiate between the healthy tissues in your body and foreign invader that harms your body; thus creating antibodies that destroy the healthy tissues. This causes inflammation and damage to various parts of the bodies, leaving the sufferer in excruciating pain.
- Fatigue: Most of the people suffering from Lupus experience weariness and fatigue. People usually take afternoon naps to remedy this. However, this may lead to insomnia. Talk to a doctor to successfully cure this symptom.
- Unexplained Fever: If you suffer from recurrent fever that hovers around 99 to 101 degrees Fahrenheit, visit the doctor as soon as possible since this is a sign of infection or inflammation.
- Hair Loss: One of the most prominent symptoms of Lupus is hair loss or thinning of hair. You may find your hair looking brittle, thin and ragged, including the hair on your eyebrows, eyelashes and other parts of the body.
- Lesions or Skin Rash: Another prominent symptom is the butterfly rash that covers both the cheeks and the bridge of the nose and appears right before a flare up. This rash may occur all of a sudden or when exposed to the sunlight. Lupus also causes lesions and discoloration on various parts of the body due to exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Pulmonary Issues: Lupus causes pleuritic chest pain due to painful inflammation in the lungs as well as the areas surrounding it such as diaphragm and lung blood vessels. This affects the patient's breathing process. Moreover, Lupus is also known to decrease the size of the lung also called the "Vanishing Lung Syndrome" that is identified by shortness of breath and chronic chest pain.
- Kidney Inflammation: Most individuals suffering from Lupus tend to develop nephritis that is inflammation in the kidneys. It is imperative to visit the doctor if you have symptoms of Nephritis as it may cause end-stage renal disease (ESRD) if untreated.