Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RaviYour feedback matters!
My baby is 4 months old. N we just shifted from kerala to rajasthan. When she turned 4 months. Now she looks slim. Her head seems small n doesn' t urinate as in kerala. Also didn' t pass stool since 2 days. Is something wrong ?
My son is 2.5 years old andsome times, we are seeing sqintness in his left eye. We consult 3-4 eye doctors. They said there is no problem. However, every second person is saying there is squintness in his eye.
My baby is 20 days old she is 2.5 kg now. When can I use diaper for her. She is wetting full body in night times and she becomes cold.
Hello doc, my friend's daughter 17 month old getting boil on his body in palms legs hands. When appling oinment it goes away. After some day coming back past whole month it going on.
My 6 month old baby having fever from last night. Her temparture is fluctuating between 99F-102F. Her head and neck area is getting excessive heated up compare to her body. What should I do as its a Sunday and no doctor is available here.
What are the medicines/ foods/ tips to increase lactation? My kid is 45 days old. I had a c section delivery on 14/9/16.
Is the taste of ice cream or a sip of hot coffee sometimes a painful experience for you? Does brushing or flossing make you wince occasionally? If so, you may have sensitive teeth.
Possible causes include:
Tooth decay (cavities)
Worn tooth enamel
Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns of your teeth—the part above the gum line. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.
Chronic abdominal pain in children or recurrent abdominal pain is a multifactorial condition which may be the predominant clinical manifestation of a large number of NON ORGANIC DISORDERS, and rarely associated with ORGANIC DISEASE. The onset age is 4 to 6 years and ealy adolescence,with slight female predominance.
According to Rome Criteria.a symtom based diagnostic criteria,recurrent abdominal pain can be divided into 5. FUNCTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS, FUNCTIONAL ABDOMINAL PAIN SYNDROME,IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME,FUNCTINAL DYSPEPSIA and ABDOMINAL MIGRAINE.
A successful treatment of FUNTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS may include modification of physical and psychological stress factors,medication and dietary manipulations.
DR MOOL CHAND GUPTA
My 13 month old son suffering from fever from 2 days, his temp. Is 100 above, there is no cough. Please advise.
Hi, My new born son is 4 weeks old. He is not sleeping well because he wants someone to hold him. He sleeps well in lap and by the time we put him on the bed he wakes up. Shall we put him on the saree cradle. He sleeps good at nights.
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.