Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RaviYour feedback matters!
My son 5 years old, dob 11/2010. He did action like dogs sexual contact. He did with his toy sponge dog. I got afraid. Will it be a problem. It was happened before 3 days then I hide the dog. Today he did the same action with poo sponge doll. Please suggest me what should I do?
Hello doctor Am a mother of 3 month old baby n now have started top feed for baby. Can you please guide me on diet for me how to loose post pregnancy weight n maintain d same.
My son is 5 months old. He is drinking cow milk from dairy and since 7 days I went to my in laws house the cow milk taste differ due to that he has got loose motion. So what medicine to take and due to continuous motion he has got rashes so can I start amul milk so that it is available everyman. Kindly suggest that milk which is available everywhere.
My daughter is around 2 years old but she is just 9 kg in weight and she is so lean and I can see her bones ribs easily. Though we follow doctor's advice on food there is no improvement. Is it something need to worry much? Can we give junior Horlicks now and will it help much in gaining weight?
In 3.5 years 3 time's my daughter suffering high fever in this time also suffering feet. We take report of EEG and doctor find abnormal activity now I have a second opinion what can I do ?
Hi, my baby is three years old. Today she fell down on road and her face become little swelled (blue type) and rashes on her leg too. I applied soframycin cream on that. Is it helpful to heal her immediately? Pl ans me very quickly. Except that every thing is fine.
I believe that my 7 month old son has some teething problem due to which he seems to have been defecating numerous time (loose motion types). Is there some medicine which can reduce the loose motion?
I have one child one year old she is not eating food also didn't drink water also am worried why she is not taking food now a days I had meet a pediatrician but they didn't check properly. Please help me am so nervous am worrying. Please reply me soon.
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.
Hello. My daughter she is 2 years 8 months. She nt able to make potty from mrng she trying to bring it out. But it's nt happening she makes potty after 2 days. She so badly constipated and now she so much in pain. please plz kindly suggests me any medicine for her so she can make stools. It's like she makes it after 3 days. And also she makes it standing she still nt trained potty training. She has a kind of fear if she sits on common. So she makes on pampers standing and trying to puch to bring out. I did my best to make her sit but she gets and screams and if I force her she controls her stools.
Chances are your children or grand children are back in school after the summer break. So I thought it was a good time to highlight the fact that the right vitamins for children can improve their mental performanceIn fact, hundreds of studies underscore the importance of nutrition in cognitive development.
Stephen Schoenthaler, Ph.D., a professor at California State University at Stanislaus, has been researching this topic for years. In one study, Dr. Schoenthaler and his colleagues tested the IQs of 245 schoolchildren between the ages of 6 and 12 in Phoenix, Ariz. They then enlisted teachers to distribute either a vitamin and mineral supplement or a placebo to these children on a daily basis.
At the study's conclusion, IQ tests were again administered, and the students who had been taking the supplements and vitamins for children had an average 2.5 point gain in IQ. The truly impressive finding of this study, however, was that the children who were poorly nourished at the study's onset gained at least 15 IQ points!
The researchers also noted that test scores were closely linked with school performance, and suggested that parents “of school children whose academic performance is substandard would be well advised to seek a nutritionally oriented physician for assessment of their children's nutritional status.”