Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Raval KalpanaYour feedback matters!
Sir, due to Demnesia, I feel like forgetting simple things, ability to memorize things getting less. I am college student. It heavily affect on my study.
I am vegetarian no diabetic , not smoking but little bit alcoholic & chewing pan with 120 ; 3 to 4 times a day only.
My mother is getting treated with schizophrenia, under medication for over 3 years, earlier was treated for depression in Lucknow. The belief of somebody guiding her within is still there like someone is telling when to talk when not to how to do a task where you sit who should sit next to you etc and by doing that thing will be OK. No destructive or self harming activities, also she have developed some facial disorientation like lower lips is more stretched towards left, like incase of facial paralysis. This happened after I got her treated at Nimhans (although renowned hospital but most of the time you need to consult junior doctors). Now consulting at cadbams. Any suggestion of providing her best treatment will be a great help. As this is effecting our entire family.
Iam a 19, year old boy iam very shy now iam gloomy don't interested to anything I enjoyed before. Can't face people feeling very sad very low self esteem can't face people or talk them.
Sir , I am masturbating for about 5-6 years. I am not able to control it , even if I try to control it , once if I am feeling a little comfortable I always start masturbating for even a very pity reason. At present I am feeling very weak , I am getting afraid of even a small mosquito or a housefly when I am alone and they make some sound or sit on any part of my body. And I am not able to converse properly if I am involved in any argument I am shaking and shivering as if someone is going to kill me. I don' t know why but I am not able to control my emotions. I am getting demotivated easily , I am getting angry for pity reason , sometimes I am getting very depressed. I don' t know what happened to me. I keep thinking of even a small situation for many days , and this is one of the reason why I am always absent minded. I am not able to keep relationships bonds proper even with my own family members (brothers , sisters , mother , father aunt , uncle etc ) . I am not able to concentrate in my studies , I know I can do it I understand things , their concepts easily only if I read and understand it with full dedication but I am not able to stay focussed towards my studies I study only for 20-30 minutes and I start losing my energy and concentration. But if I play I play properly , energetically but after that I am very - very much tired. I am no able to handle even a small situation , that other people does no even bother about .I am not able to fight with anyone I am very bad looking many people say this. These are my problems. What can I do for them?
My cousin has been using anti depressants for about 20 years. Of late using escitalopram 10mg and clonazepam 0.25mg. Recently he was also suffering from stiff legs and less (not more than 5 hours) sleep. Suggest remedy.
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.
I am having a son and a daughter son is absolutely fine engineer and working in an mnc with good progress. I want your help for my daughter she is nirali of 20 years old and stidying in second year of ug course and she is having a severe dipression. I contacted to a therapist since a month. The medications and the other treatment given by therapist is still not responding much. The therapist is giving narco therapy at present and had done 4 sottings with them. She is having all different symptons as you mention. She is very much friendly with me and sharing many thing with me. Due to less intake of food and heavy dosage of medicines she many time fall down she always refuses for eating or doing any other work. I think this details may be enough for you. I may send you doctors prescription and other notes by doctors to you if required. Thanks sir.
My daughter age 24, is having severe and untimely pain in arms and legs from past 20-25 days, yesterday there was pain in hand only and spinal area on her back, in hand pain accompanied with temperature gain in arms and head and when pain disappear it becomes cold. She just married last year in may and her in-laws behavior is not good, she is very much mentally disturb, her husband do not say any thing but does not oppose his family for wrong things which disturb her. Please suggest what good can be done and what medical problem she might be having ? please help
My bf cheated me. Its 1 month past. But still my mind is not good. Ptani, ehat use to happen. Please suggest me something otherwise I will realy get mad. Sometimes I want suicide. Please help me out. Please. I want to ask to him why he did this with me. But. I think I still love him. Please tell me how to not love him. How to forget him. I dont see his photo, no calls, no talks. He has blocked me. And I have blocked him from calls, from text. Tell me what to do. I tried to divert my mind a lot. But sometimes it disturb me beyond limit. We had everything between us. Even sex too.
What is the remedy if a person is not willing to accept the reality/truth.Let me give you the example : if a person knows that his own brother & sisters are exploiting him/her either emotionely as well as monitery and they will go to any extent but the person is not willing to accept the fact how can this problem should be solved
My girl friend is not like before when it come to sexual activities it's been close to a year v kissed each other I really wanna knw whats goin on and y is she not showing any interest in me. Every time I ask her anything all she tells me is she is very stressed to think abt all this.
My aunt lost her husband last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to its self all the time please help me.
Sometimes I feel depressed without any reason. Full of anger I dnt why it happens to me. Please give suggestions what should I do.
I am 22years male, have a big varicocele since last 2 and half years. Hav also suffered with anxiety and depression and have taken imipramine for one months and later after prozac for about 20days, before 8months. Now I feel numbness in my penis and whole genitals, and there is almost no erection and zero libido. What has caused this and what should I do.
concentration problem. I try to concentrate like the way I was before 2 years. I on medication since. Bit steel does not found my concentration. What should I do?
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible.