Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ratut
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RatutYour feedback matters!
Hie doctor, my girlfriend is having irregular periods from last 3 to 4 months, whats reason behind it? She was having regular periods but from last 3 to 4 months they are not regular, one time it comes early n other time its late too late, why it happening? Is there everything ok? What she should follow for regular periods, we are worried about it cz its not good sign so please help us? Thanks.
My problem is after marriage. I want birth only one son. Then how my sex life may be. I not want pregnant again for lifetime. What is the next step I will to do. Reply me.
Hello doctor. My friend is taking a medicine named ‘ovilow’. She’s unmarried. Her doctor prescribed this medicine as she was not getting her periods properly. Please tell me about this medicine more. Also I want to know tge dangers it can cause to an unmarried girl.
I had seen blood drops after urine passed last night Consult me. Is it any thing serious? Please guide me.
Sexual dysfunction is a disorder that is characterized by problems in your sexual life. It can cause you to lose interest and hence, not engage in any sexual activity. This disorder can affect people of all ages, however, the risk of sexual dysfunction increases with age. The usual symptoms of sexual dysfunction are low libido levels and erectile dysfunction.
Sexual Dysfunction in Women:
Dryness of the Vagina- Vaginal dryness occurs due to hormonal changes that occur in the body once menopause sets in. This leads to pain during sexual intercourse and impaired sexual arousal. Certain psychological issues such as anticipation or fear of painful sex and anxiety can also cause vaginal dryness.
Pain During Sex- Women may experience pain during sexual intercourse which may be caused by dryness in the vagina or endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues out of the uterus). Pain during sex can also be accompanied by a burning sensation in the genitals.
Orgasm Concerns- Certain antidepressant medications can lead to an inability to orgasm. It can also have psychological causes such as anxiety and depression.
Sexual Dysfunction in Men:
Low Libido- In men, a dip in the levels of testosterone in the body can lead to a dip in libido levels. If you are suffering from higher stress levels, it can lead to lack of sexual desire.
Erectile Dysfunction- This is characterized by an inability to get or maintain an erection long enough for unhindered sexual intercourse. This disorder is most likely caused by medical disorders such diabetes and hypertension. It can also be caused by stress and depression.
Ejaculation Problems- Ejaculation problems include both inability to ejaculate and premature ejaculation. Sexual trauma, certain medications and sexual anxiety contribute to this disorder.
Ayurvedic Remedies for ED
ED is treatable at any age. The total treatment in for impotence is called as “ Vajikarana therapy” in ayurveda. As this natural herbal erectile dysfunction remedy, increases the strength of a man to perform sexual act, like a horse, it is called 'Vaajikarana'. ( ' Vaaji'=Horse.)
Vaajikarana therapy or herbal treatment for erectile dysfunction leads to
Potency to produce healthy offspring.
Increased span of erection.
Eligibility for Vajikarana Therapy
The vajikarana therapy should be administered to persons who are between 18 to 70 years of age.
These therapies should be administered only to a self-controlled person. If this therapy is administered to a person who does not have self-control, he becomes nuisance to society through his illegitimate sex acts.
Numerous herbal preparations are mentioned in Ayurveda to treat ED or impotence. It has been said that people who have strong sexual urge, who want to enjoy sex regularly have to consume these preparations regularly to replenish the energy, vigor, stamina and strength. These preparations also supply the nutrients which are necessary for the production of semen.
Ayurveda Tips to Overcome ED
Consuming herbal preparations to rejuvenate the reproductive organs.
Massaging the body with herbal oil which gives a relief from physical exertion and also acts as aphrodisiac.
Practicing Yoga and Meditation to overcome mental exertion and to cope up with stress.
Sleep at least for 8 hours a day.
Avoiding the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, heroin etc.
Avoid hot, spicy and bitter foods.
Add little ghee in your diet.
Give a gap of four days between two consecutive intercourses
Do you know about the ill effects and various serious consequences that are associated with endometriosis?
In this disorder, there is a presence of endometrium (lining of uterus) outside uterus. It is likely to spread to ovaries and other nearby areas. It can involve any other part of the body also. Endometriosis, at times, causes great pain and may result in infertility.
The exact cause of endometriosis is not known.
- It may occur because of a process, known as retrograde menstruation. In this, menstrual blood flows back via fallopian tubes into the pelvic cavity, along with natural process of flowing out from the uterus.
- The displaced endometrial cells stick to the pelvic wall and on the surface of pelvic organs such as ovaries, bladder, and rectum. They continue growing thicker and bleed during menstrual cycle.
- The condition is also likely to occur when small regions in the pelvis convert into endometrial tissue.
The intensity of symptoms of this condition vary.
- In some women, mild symptoms are experienced, while the intensity may be severe in others. Pain in the lower abdomen is one of the common symptoms.
- The severity of pain experienced does not indicate the degree or extent of endometriosis.
- Other symptoms include painful periods, lower abdominal pain during and before menstruation, development of cramps, abnormal uteine bleeding, pain during sexual intercourse, discomfort during bowel movements, and lower back pain during menstrual periods.
- It is also likely for you to experience no symptoms at all.
Complications and Consequences
- Problems with fertility are considered to be common with endometriosis.
- Women who have mild endometriosis can conceive and give birth to a baby.
- Medications do not help in improving fertility.
- It is possible for some women to conceive after having the endometrial tissue removed via surgical procedures.
- In case, these measures do not show effective results, you should opt for undergoing fertility treatments such as IVF i.e. in vitro fertilisation. These might improve your chances of giving birth.
If you are affected by endometriosis and want to have a child, consult Gynaecologist. This is because your symptoms can worsen with time, which may make it difficult for you to conceive on your own. It is recommended for you to talk to doctor for suggestions and remedies.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!