Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RatutYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. I have irregular periods. Means weekly once lightly, I got married before 2 yrs. Now we wants to have a baby. How can it possible?
After the advent of the internet, the availability of pornography or explicit video material has become widespread. The availability of this material resulted in a large section of the population relying on it for sexual pleasures as well as living their fantasies through the digital realm. Internet porn is the new kid on the block in the world of addiction:
Easy accessibility of porn can give you a quick spike of dopamine through sexual pleasure have resulted in patterns of addiction among many boys and girls. Porn addiction is a phenomenon which has been exacerbated by the easy availability of pornography on the internet. It has not only affected sexual habits such as masturbation, but has also caused hindrances in the daily lives of people and has affecting their relationships.
A brain on porn is similar to a brain on alcohol
While it may seem a bit far-fetched, studies of brain scans have shown that people watching porn experience the same effects or pleasure that alcohol gives them. It is a neural circuit which releases pleasure hormones when you sexually pleasure yourself by masturbating to porn. The reward circuit of the brain recognizes this pattern and starts creating please pathways where you want more of it. As you keep doing it more and more, the resistance level increases and you tend to need more. This is a classic sign of addiction.
Healthy and unhealthy masturbation
Masturbation is a natural and normal process that every human indulges in. However, a brain addicted to porn will use it as an addict uses a substance. Masturbation is the physical act through which the dopamine would be released. Once it has become an addiction, you would either want to have the daily fix for at least a few hours which you would ensure to take out of your daily routine. This time could have been invested in other fruitful activities when it ends up going to the addiction. In some cases, studies have shown that many would rather do it a few times a week but, would spend extended hours masturbating to porn.
Effects of excess masturbation
Some of the effects of porn addiction and excessive masturbation could be
- Premature ejaculation problem ( quick masturbation leads to chronic less timing to discharge)
- Erectile dysfunction when you are with a partner and in a real life scenario due to dependence on particular porn fantasies
- Inability to have or form intimate relationships which are not just sexual but emotional and mental as well
- Lethargy to go to work or school due to addiction related problems
- Breakdown in relationships, even with family members and friends
Thus, it is imperative that you seek sexologist or sexual counsellor for help to slow down the habit and break the cycle of addiction and ensure that you are able to lead a normal life without disruptions so as to allow yourself to be able to form normal sexual relationships.
I'm 21. I had sex with my boyfriend 3 months ago. We had it using condom. After that I had my periods. But from almost 2 months I'm not getting my periods. I also checked if I'm pregnant or not bt it's always negative. I do not get any symptoms of pregnancy also. But I really don't understand why suddenly I'm not getting periods. What shall I do now?
The fibroids in her uterus are reasons for some constant profuse bleeding. She is scared to go under knife and while 2 doctors have preferred to operate she is scared nd is looking for some other expert advice.
Hi Doctor, I'm 24 years old. i'm a diabetic patient. Now i'm pregnant. starting of pregnancy. Doctor there are any problem to eat dates during starting of the pregnancy.
I am 25 years old women I don't have regular periods I try many things but it did not work can you please help me?
After 4 days of sex I done in a day 1 time vomiting or next same thing happen so it is sign of pregnancy. Or tell me when the vomiting comes after sex.
Am a girl and I had unprotected sex with my partner before 1 month. And we did that with securely and we are serious at the time of ejaculation. But now I don't get my periods till now. I left my periods for 2 days. Can I wait for more 4 days for pregnancy check through tube or can I check it now.
Natural remedies for general weakness:
- Soak 8-10 almonds and 1 teaspoon rice overnight. Remove the outer skin of almonds and make a fine paste. Mix in some milk and a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi). Boil in water and drink this with sugar candy (mishri) or ordinary sugar to taste.
- Take mango slices. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon honey, a pinch of saffron (kesar), cardamom (chhoti illaichi) and rose water (gulab jal) on it. Take twice daily.
- Do 10-15 minutes of warm up and stretching exercises in the morning before leaving for work. This will help to keep you fresh and prevent tiredness.
- Never skip your morning breakfast.
- Take a break from your daily routine. Set some goals in the day to perform. Learn to delegate work as too many things together can be a cause for fatigue and tiredness.
- A warm shower after work or before going to bed is also helpful.
- Avoid cigarette smoking, alcohol and tobacco as far as possible.
- Avoid burning the candle from both the ends by sleeping late and getting up early in the morning. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
How to have clean shave vagina & prevent it from becoming black. How the darkness of the vaginal can be whitened or vanished.
I have two miscarriage and one abortion in past. I have done my karyotype test and the report shows that I have a abnormality in my chromosome which is 46XX9QH+ My Dr. Told me that there is a chance of miscarriage remain if I got pregnant again. Is it true? May I able to get pregnant through biological way or I have to choose IVF process. Kindly help me.
Hello doctor. I am 28 years old female got married before 2 years. Try to conceive but not capable and also I have pcos problem so what should I do.
Hi. I am having swelling in my whole body since 2 yrs and I am gaining weight day by day. I had tested all test of bloods and thyroid too. But report is clear. I had consulted all ayurvedic and heomapatic doctr too. But still everythn is same. I lost charm of my face. Started lookin aged because of swelling. Please suggest me somethng.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a condition that causes irregular menstrual periods because monthly ovulation is not occurring and levels of androgens (male hormones) in women are elevated. The condition occurs in about 5 to 10 percent of women. The elevated androgen levels can sometimes cause excessive facial hair growth, acne, and/or male-pattern scalp hair thinning. Most, but not all, women with pcos are overweight or obese, and they are at higher than average risk of developing diabetes and obstructive sleep apnea. For women with pcos who want to become pregnant, fertility pills or injections are often needed to help women ovulate.
Although pcos is not completely reversible, there are a number of treatments that can reduce or minimize bothersome symptoms. Most women with pcos are able to lead a normal life without significant complications.
Common signs and symptoms
Irregular menstrual periods menstrual disorders can include absent periods, periods that occur infrequently or too frequently, heavy periods, or unpredictable periods.
Infertility pcos is one of the most common causes of female infertility.
Obesity up to 80% of women with pcos are obese.
Excess hair growth on the face, chest, abdomen, or upper thighs this condition, called hirsutism, affects more than 70% of women with pcos.
Severe acne or acne that occurs after adolescence and does not respond to usual treatments
Patches of thickened, velvety, darkened skin called acanthosis nigricans
Multiple small cysts on the ovary
Are treatments available for women with pcos?
A variety of treatments are available to address the problems of pcos. Treatment is tailored to each woman according to symptoms, other health problems, and whether she wants to become pregnant.
Is there a cure?
Medical treatments aim to manage and reduce the symptoms or consequences of having pcos.
Medication alone has not been shown to be any better than healthy lifestyle changes (weight loss and exercise). Many women with pcos successfully manage their symptoms and long-term health risks without medical intervention.
They do this by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a condition which can affect a woman's menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones and aspects of her appearance but with proper medical care she can lead a healthy lifestyle.
Is there any chAnces of pregnancy if period is not at date. Or how to protect to become pregnant. Plss reply.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you to get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.