Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rath JagnyaYour feedback matters!
I had unsafe sex n next day I had an ipill. Next month my periods were 5 days early. I feel cramps and today I saw blood comings from my vagina while doing toilet. I am also facing mood swing. I am very tensed What should I do? Am I pregnant?
My periods days are decreasing day by day I did some test by advice of gync which she said ovary layer thickness but I am not satisfy for her consultation.
Hello sir / mam i'm 24 female after my marriage I hv a miscarriage according to Dr. Prescription I hv an abortion done after dat m suffering from vaginal infection its seems to look like cottage cheese while hvng a sex there's a burning sensation n itching I asked the Dr. She told me for some test all were negative after that she prescribed me for vaginal tablet but mam the problem in not gone prply it hppns 3-4 tyms in the year.
I am an unmarried woman. I have not got my periods fr 2 months. Got brown discharge fr 2 days last week. Previously had normal cycles. Had a similar problem during my exam preparations 2 years back. Now also I am preparing fr my pg entrance. Wat to do next?
I have given birth to a baby girl on 7th September 2016 at 12.20 pm but till now milk had not came to me and breast became very hard and paining as i'm trying to breastfeed my baby my stomach is also paining like labor pain now what should I do for her breastfeeding.
Hi Doctor, I am 26 years old. Married recently. My wife has low bp not much. Will it be an problem of getting conceived. How much time we have sex in a week? Is it ok to have sex daily will it be fine? Please help.
Hello sir, I am having badly white discharge from last 5 days and for this I feel weakness ans also back pain, normally I am using CLEAN-N-DRY cream for this problem but no use. Kindly suggest me any good medicine for this problem and why this happens?
I had a 4.453 cm functional cyst on my right ovary. And doctor prescribed me novelone 5mg and the cyst is gone now. Now there is some light brown vaginal discharge. I have some warts on my face. I found on internet that these warts are caused by the human papilloma virus which is also the reason for cervical cancer. Help me!
Cancer that originates in the uterus is termed as Endometrial Cancers. The cancer is known to originate in the endometrium i.e. lining as well as the cells of the uterus. Abnormal vaginal bleeding causes the cancer to be detected early and a consultation with the doctor should be done immediately. When other cancers originating from the uterus are considered, endometrial cancer is found to be the most common.
Causes: The exact cause for endometrial cancer is not known clearly. The cells in the endometrium tend to become abnormal due to the occurrence of a genetic mutation, which causes rapid multiplication of cells that ultimately lead to the formation of a tumour like mass. They begin to spread to other parts and proceed to affect the tissues in the surrounding areas.
The typical symptoms of endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Irregular bleeding in between periods
- 2. A watery discharge from the vagina
- 3. Bleeding from the vagina postmenopausal
- 4. Pain in the pelvic floor muscles
Risk factors that might increase the chances of being affected by endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Aging increases the chances of this disease, especially post menopause.
- 2. Obesity can cause hormonal imbalance.
- 3. Certain drugs used in hormone therapy
- 4. Early onset of menstruation, especially before 12 years of age
Treatment for Endometrial Cancer Includes:
- Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations, such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy (external machine is used to direct radiation on the cancer cells) and internal radiation therapy (radioactive substance enclosed within small and consumable items is placed near to or directly at the spot of cancer).
- Hormone therapy: Medications are administered to eliminate imbalances in hormone levels and prohibit the growth of cancer cells in the body. This remedy is preferred if the cancer progresses to an advanced stage.
- Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is curbed, either by elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
- Surgery: In this surgery, the areas affected by cancer are surgically removed; i.e. the uterus in this case. The surgical procedures that might be used include total hysterectomy (total removal of uterus), radical hysterectomy (removal of the cervix, uterus and part of the vagina) and Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes)
I just want to know in which time I can do sex without precautions with 0 pregnancy risk as my wifes period timing is every month 19th.
Sir is it any sign of problem for us if there is delay of periods in my gf. We did everything safely and we did morning urine test also its shows negative result. So what's your view regarding this?
I am a female. 25 years old. I am having irregular periods problem from starting. I consulted a doctor. Gone through all the test prescribed by her. All test were fine. Still my menstruation cycle is not on track. My periods come after evry 3 months. Could you please suggest me something?
I am little bit confusion whether I got pregnancy or not why because regular period is not coming in this month since last sevendayds and we tested with some pregnancy kits it shows one line appeared clearly (line C) and another line appeared slightly (line T) and other thing is I got back pain in these days so I am feat that my pregnancy will retain or not because of my back pain. So please clarify the above.
When you run your hands over the soles of your feet, the surface should be smooth to touch. However, sometimes, the surface may not be so smooth. Piezogenic pedal papules are papules on the medial, posterior or lateral aspects of both heels and result from herniation of fat. These papules are usually asymptomatic and can range from a size of 2mm to 10mm. In some cases, they can be a little painful. This is seen commonly in large lesions. They become apparent when the patient stands with his full weight on his feet and disappear or shrink when the weight is removed. Piezogenic papules can also occur on the wrists. This is a fairly common condition that affects women more than men. Piezogenic pedal papules can occur at any age including infancy.
There is no known cause for the herniation of fat that causes this condition. However, there are a few factors that could increase your risk of suffering from this condition. These factors are:
- Orthopedic problems
- Flat feet
- Collagen disorders such as EDS
- Jobs which entail standing for long hours
- Excessive weight bearing
This condition can also affect newborn babies with no predisposition. The diagnosis of this condition is often confused with infantile pedal papules, xanthoma and tophi. Since they are prominently visible only when pressure is applied, it is essential for a doctor to physically examine the patient while he or she is standing. This condition does not affect the health of a person and is largely only a cosmetic issue. Thus treatment is not usually necessary but some of the things you could do to relieve the discomfort are:
- In cases where Ehlers-Danlos syndrome triggers the condition, patients may be recommended betamethasone and bupivacaine injections. These injections need to be administered repeatedly for complete pain relief.
- Orthotic soles or custom made inserts for shoes can help relieve the pain and distribute pressure equally.
- Heel taping
- Compression stockings
- Avoid excessive or prolonged weight bearing
- Avoid standing for extended periods and try not to run too much
- Rest the feet and keep them elevated to help alleviate the symptoms
- Lose weight if you are on the heavier side
- Electro acupuncture
Piezogenic pedal papules are benign and are no reason to worry. If they begin to affect the quality of your life, you could consult a podiatrist.
My wife age 30 yrs we have two children one is 8 and other is 6years old Frequently she is suffering with white discharge. Once the doctor advice to take vaginal tablets at that time she was good again after two months the same problem started We didnot go for family planning operation. Please suggest me the treatment Thanks.
I am five months pregnant and I have to go bathroom frequently. I take 10 glasses of water i.e. 2 and half ltr. Is it ok or it may be a problem?
I'm 6month pregnant but doc advise bed rest but we had sex last night does it can be a problem we were out of control that day now im tensed about my baby.
For the benefit of couples suffering from infertility, modern medical science has introduced several innovative procedures. Some of the popular procedures are In-vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI), Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), donor eggs and embryos and so on. In addition to these, there are several drugs and surgical procedures that help the couple in getting rid of infertility. Among all these procedures, IUI has gained popularity in the field of gynaecology and infertility treatment procedures. The IUI treatment is also popularly called as artificial insemination procedure. Although this is a popular procedure, it is appropriate that you should also understand its pros and cons.
IUI procedure in brief:
In simple terms, the IUI procedure involves placing the sperm inside the womb or uterus, which in turn would assist in fertilization of the egg. As a result of this procedure, the sperm reaches the fallopian tube, which enhances the chances or rate of egg fertilisation.
Conditions precedent of IUI Procedure:
Before initiating the IUI procedure, the fast moving eggs are separated from the slow moving eggs. This separation is done in the laboratory. Further, in order to undergo IUI procedure, the women should be less than 40 years of age. On the other hand, apart from healthy fallopian tube, the women should also have higher ovarian reserves. Also, the sperm should have minimum mortality rate. However, IUI procedure is adopted only if the fallopian tube is healthy. IUI procedure is suggested in case the couple is having difficulty in vaginal intercourse, either because of psychosexual reasons or for reasons of physical disability.
The IUI procedure can be performed either with the partner’s egg or with the donor’s egg. Some of the other important aspects of IUI procedure are briefly discussed here:
- The IUI procedure is a short duration procedure and it can be completed within a few minutes. This procedure does not cause any discomfort or pain. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation or administration of anesthesia. Further, the procedure also does not cause any side effects. In fact, compared to the IVF procedure, IUI is cost-effective.
- In order to enhance the level of success, the gynaecologist may suggest IUI procedure every month. In some cases, the gynaecologist may also prescribe a few medicines to simulate the ovulation procedure. Except this, IUI may not involve extensive medication.
You may undergo the IUI procedure under the supervision of sufficiently experienced gynaecologist. Further, you may also ensure the hospital is equipped with modern state of art machineries for carrying out the IUI procedure.