Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RathYour feedback matters!
Hey I use yamini lupin tablets that is oral contraceptive pills from last 7 months and on 28th of jan I stopped the pills And on 2nd of feb I had a withdrawal bleed for 2 days My last periods were on 17 on jan and dis month I missed my periods Today I test my urine pregnancy test it shows negative Any advice I may be pregnant or not And any advice how much time to get pregnant after stopping the pills.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.
Hi Doc, I am 25years and I suspected I might be pregnant so as a home remedy I had ripped papaya along with 10-12 seeds. Now I have a brown discharge. I thought it was old blood. But it doesn't smell anything. And I am not getting any periods. Just on wiping the brown discharge. Please suggest. I am not in a situation to take any lab test or consult a doctor.
I have been diagnosed of a cervical fibroid in an ultrasound report. The report states as follows - There is evidence of well defined hypoechoic lesion measuring 38.3 mm × 26.8 mm seen in cervix. The lesion appeared to be connected with endometrium - s/o? Polyp? Cervical Fibroid. I am 32 years of age and married for 4 years and have been suffering excessively high bleeding with huge clots during my periods since last 2-3 years. My periodical cycle is normal and occurs within 25-28 days. However, because of the excessive bleeding I am suffering a lot. My hemoglobin has been extremely low all these years and in my latest report it is 7.2. This has been making me suffer a lot. I would like to know the various options that I may have including surgery, types of surgery and options other than surgery. I would want the fibroid to dissolve naturally, however I am still open to all options. I have never conceived till date and I also have thyroid and I am taking 100 mg of Thyronorm currently. Please advise. Thanks.
Dear doctor, In first time sex really blood flows? Is it compulsory of flowing of blood. And if the blood flows then for how many days it will stay?
I was 4 weeks n five days pregnant wen I discovered that it ws ectopic pregnancy. I had 2 undergo laparotomy 2 remove the foetus, n there ws sum mass tissues in left ovaries wch have been send 4 testing. It's been 19 days nw after the surgery, I had taken rest 4 abt a week. Nw I have lower bak pain in left side. It's nt v severe BT feel uncomfortable due 2 pain. Cn you time the reason 4 the pain. Cn you give advise.
I am nine months pregnant and I don't know to go for a normal or cesarean delivery. I have no clue what to do. But my doctor suggested cesarean delivery. Kindly advice.
Agar koi sadi se pahle maa banna chahti h to mc ke kitne din bad sex karne se 100%pergnancy hoti h bataye ki kis date ko ovulation hoga aur kis din sex karu please help me mera is mahine mc 30 /04/15 ko aaya h wo date bataye jis din ovulation hoga aur kis date ko sex karu ?
My periods ended on Wednesday I went out with my boyfriend on Saturday we didnt have sex neither he penetrated but since we were too close its possible that a bit of his pre ejaculated semen has reached my vagina. I am a pcos patient and I have eye power problem I hadnt wore specs for two days and I have gastric problem too. From Monday I am experiencing dizziness vomiting and lower back pain. I do not want to visit any doctor nearby is.
I have 5 week pregnancy. I fell pressure in pelvic/ vagina. IS IT HARMFUL OR NORMAL I have one baby age 12 years. And in 2013 I gave birth to child in 7th month who could not survive.
Sinuses, also known as paranasal sinuses as they surround the nasal cavity, are hollow air-filled cavities. Humans have four pairs of such cavities which are known as:
- Frontal sinus - in the forehead
- Maxillary sinus - behind the cheekbones
- Ethmoid sinus - between the eyes behind the bridge of the nose
- Sphenoid sinus - behind the eyes
What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is the inflammation or infection of one or more of the sinuses. It can be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, allergies or excessive nose blowing and results in the blockage of the sinus opening. Sinusitis can be acute (lasting 4 or lesser weeks), subacute (lasting 4 to 8 weeks), chronic (lasting beyond 8 weeks) and recurring (several attacks in a year).
Acute sinusitis generally causes pain in the sinuses, headaches, loss of smell, stuffiness, and coughs as well as may also cause bad breath, toothaches, and fever.
What does the homeopathic treatment for sinusitis entail?
Homeopathy is an alternative medicine system which uses plants and minerals to develop remedies that augment the body's natural defenses by stimulating symptoms of the disease the patient is suffering from.
Acute sinusitis finds a permanent cure in homeopathy. Though treatment takes time, it rebuilds the body's immunity to sinusitis. It drains the sinuses, kills the germs and wipes the infection off at the root, thus preventing it from recurring. When antibiotics are used to treat sinusitis, there may be side effects such as fungal infections. Fungal infection is a leading cause of chronic sinusitis.
Homeopathy can boost the body's immunity which can treat fungal infections from the root, hence eliminating chances of recurrence. It can treat the symptoms of sinusitis and provide relief from associated respiratory diseases and allergies. There are different remedies available to treat the different symptoms of sinusitis, which work together to completely cure it by boosting the body's immune system without having any side effects.
Homeopathy for Nasal Polyps:
With Chronic sinus, soft growths arising from the mucous membrane of the nose or paranasal sinus are referred as nasal polyps. The most common treatment option suggested by a conventional system in nasal polyps is surgical removal. In most cases, nasal polyps reappear after surgery. However, surgery is a temporary fix since it does not address the body's tendency to form polyps. Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a permanent solution by treating the root cause. Following six homeopathic medicines are usually recommended for nasal polyps - Lemna Minor, Sanguinaria Can, Calcarea Carb, Kali Bichrome, Teucrium, and Phosphorus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.