Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Patil
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi PatilYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rashmi Patil to be knowledgeable. good
Dr. Rashmi Patil provides answers that are very helpful. Thankyou
Brain is just like other muscles in the body; stimulation of the brain cells on a continuous basis will lead to a well-functioning brain. In fact, exercising your brain through various brain exercises helps in forming new neural pathways inside it. Neuroplasticity is the ability of the brain to change and adapt when it is stimulated.
The various methods you can adopt to improve your mental health are:
- Learn a musical instrument: Start taking music classes to learn an instrument such as guitar or piano as it helps in improving mental health. It also helps in delaying age related problems such as Alzheimer's disease.
- Do math exercises in your head: Try figuring out various mathematical sums inside your head, as this will keep your brain sharp. It has also been known to improve intelligence quotient.
- Try to recall past events: When you try to recall past events, the section of the brain dealing with memory is stimulated and thus, leads to stronger neural connections.
- Learning a new language: Learning a new language is good for the brain as well because it helps in delaying the process of decline of cognitive functions. Chances of being affected by mental health disorders decrease significantly.
- Aerobic exercises: You should follow a regular exercise regimen consisting of aerobic exercises and cardiovascular exercises as they help in improving your blood circulation. Apart from keeping you fitter and lean, it also improves your overall wellbeing.
- Improve your hand-eye coordination: Do activities such as painting, knitting or solving puzzles as they help in improving your hand eye coordination. It fine tunes your motor skills and keeps you mentally sharp.
- Cooking: Learning to cook helps in activating various parts of the brain such as sight, smell and taste. This is related to different parts of the brain resulting in an overall development. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Depression makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when they can't demonstrate their feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with their productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Be considerate: Do understand that depression doesn't mean" trouble". Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Encourage and support: Try not to shame people for being negative. Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs.Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
- Never say 'you're too much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much" particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Obsessive compulsive disorder is a condition, which is characterized by a constant occurrence of compulsive behavior and obsessive thoughts. People across all ages are affected by this condition; in some cases, it might start early whereas, in others, it develops around the early years of childhood. This is a very distressing condition as it can cause significant interference in your daily life. It is recommended to get it treated at the earliest to manage its symptoms effectively.
Obsessive compulsive disorder causes an obsession about an unwanted (forbidden or unfounded) thought, urge or an image. This obsession may result in disgust, unease and feelings of anxiety. A compulsion is defined as a certain behavior that is usually repetitive, something that you tend to do over and over again to get rid of the constant anxiety. An example would be to constantly check the windows of the house resulting from an uncorroborated fear that the house may be burgled.
The causes of obsessive compulsive disorder are:
- Chemical imbalances in the brain marked by low serotonin levels
- Family history of OCD
- People who are meticulous, neat and methodical might develop OCD
- Certain traumatic events such as having been bullied or abused can also cause OCD
There are multiple treatment options. The aim of the treatments is to manage the symptoms and improve the quality of life. The treatments are:
- Medications: Certain antidepressants that alter the chemical imbalance in the brain can treat OCD.
- Psychological therapy: Counselling or cognitive behavioral therapy is very effective in treating OCD. Cognitive behavioral therapy aims to modify one’s thinking pattern and get rid of unnecessary fears and thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Premature ejaculation is a condition that causes a lot of stress, especially as you age. In order to know more, you should understand premature ejaculation well. It is a condition wherein one ejaculates before or immediately after sexual penetration, with little or no sexual stimulation. This leads to poor sexual performance and anxiety issues.
There is no specific cause for premature ejaculation. Regular issues such as sex with a new partner of having sex after a long time might trigger this condition. Factors such as anxiety, stress and guilt may also result in premature ejaculation. It may also be caused by medical issues such as an injury to the genitals or other hormonal problems.
In this article, the factor that will be focused on is anxiety that most often leads to premature ejaculation. Being anxious or nervous about one’s sexual performance can result in this condition. Your mind may be preoccupied with whether your partner is enjoying the entire experience or about the proper functioning of the genitals. Both these factors bring about anxious thoughts and thus, may make one unable to control his ejaculation. One ultimately stops focusing on the entire experience and starts to overthink.
How to Control Anxiety Before and During Intercourse:
Go Again: If it happens the first time, then shoot again. Try another round and you may find that you are able to control your ejaculation better.
Be honest about it: Being honest about the entire situation will reduce anxiety about the performance. Your partner may be understanding and would process the situation better. Thus, with subsequent sexual encounters, you are sure to get better.
Take matters in your own hands: If the partner is aware of all the limitations, one can use other methods such as oral sex or other foreplay methods (read fingering and fisting) to satisfy her.
Decide if You Need More or Less Foreplay: For some guys with PE, foreplay increases anxiety, because they become more and more anxious as they wait for the event. For others, foreplay decreases anxiety, because it gives them a chance to relax before the event takes place. Find out what helps you and talk to your partner about it
If none of the above mentioned methods seem to work, you can fall back on medications.
Certain medications such as antidepressants are used in the treatment of premature ejaculation. They use a two pronged approach; on one hand they reduce anxiety and on the other, this very trait leads to delayed ejaculation, which in turn helps remedy the situation.
Controlling Premature Ejaculation:
PE can hit you at any age. But the good news is that when your PE is caused by anxiety, it’s something you can also reduce by using the tips above to help control your anxiety and get used to the lovemaking experience. You will need an understanding partner, but most partners are understanding when they care about you, and eventually you’ll be able to fully unlock the sexual prowess inside you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Bipolar disorder is the medical term for extreme depression and mood swings that are abnormal or too frequent. The mood swings may go from depression to mania, where the symptoms may border on suicidal behaviour, and other such dangerous tendencies. Find out more about Bipolar Disorder with this article.
Main Symptoms: The major symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are hypomania and depression. The patient may swing between these two states on a sudden basis. The dramatic mood swings do not have a set routine or pattern and can strike at any given time. The patient may be in a certain kind of state for a prolonged period like many weeks and months, or can even be in a certain state for a matter of days, before the next mood strikes.
While hypomania is a very severe outcome of Bipolar Disorder, many people do not recognise it as a problem until it gets out of hand. This state can actually make a person feel high on energy where the patient may also achieve all-time highs in terms of productivity and a sense of wellbeing. This state can switch to a state of depression and hopelessness within a matter of days or weeks.
Types: Bipolar Disorder can be categorised into many types, depending on the level and severity of the mood swings. To begin with, Bipolar Disorder has full blown cycles of ups and downs in the mood of the patient. The up mood never really manifests into full fledged mania. This is a more mild form of the disease and the symptoms are often missed.
Rapid Cycling is another form of Bipolar Disease where a patient may experience at least four or even more episodes of major mood swings within a period of 12 months. Further, Mixed Bipolar is a form of the disease where the depression and elevation may come together or in rapid succession of each other. Cyclothymia is another mild form of this mood disorder and comes with subtle changes in one's mood.
Diagnosis and Treatment: While the diagnosis is done by a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist with the help of an examination of the symptoms, the treatment includes long term counselling and therapy as well as medication for more severe cases. The drugs and therapy aim at making the mind more stable with psychotherapy. Drugs like lithium or benzodiazepine can also be prescribed to control sleeplessness and hyperactivity as well as hostility and suicidal tendencies.
Talking and discussing things are the foremost methods used by psychiatrists when it comes to treating this disease. Persistent mood alterations must be run past a specialist in the field.