Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi PathakYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my self sona devi I am 20 year old unmarried girl I have eyes pain and etching problem last two days what should I do please tell me doctor.
I have blurring sight low sight in dark and hearing problem sir please suggest me suitable cure so I can live normal life.
Sir I went to a doctor and she said that. In your eyes there are some folicals what is the meaning of this.
Sir I am suffering from severe headache from last few days. Not able to do any work properly. Eyes start watering while studying or doing any work on laptop or watching television. Sometimes eyes become red. Please suggest me proper treatment so that I can become healthy again. Please reply as soon as possible.
I am 18 years boy and I wear glasses for eye side weakness for 9 years but now I want to get rid from it but naturally is there any way I will take tablets or home remedies or exercises is there any perfect fully trusted way.
I am q6 year old girl and my eyes are watering from five days I tried many ways but nothinghappened. Please hekp me and say what to dod.
Yesterday I was playing and suddenly my left eye started pain. And it is till now. I also washed it with cold water. Bt nothing happened. What I should do for it?
I think I have allergy problem 4 days in a week I am suffering from cold specially sneezing a lot I showed drs they told me its an allergy so there is no any treatment for allergy, it happens mostly when I am in front of fan or if I am in ac room. So please is there any suggestion for me? Is it real there is no treatment for allergy? Thanks for your reply.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.
My mom has diabetes and now she has to do operation of eye for cataract bt her sugar level is 260 how can she reduce her sugar so that she can do her operation and from last two weeks she is on fruit diet bt still the sugar level is same please suggest a appropriate diet.
I have red eyes for last three days doctor what should I do and what type of medicine should I take please answer doctor.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.