Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi ModaniYour feedback matters!
There is a sore in my tongue at all time so many difficulty while eating. Please suggest what to do.
It's a myth that since a child's milk teeth are bound to fall off, they don't require any special care or dental treatment. Several researches and studies have proved that any decay or damage to a child's milk teeth leads to problems that affect the permanent teeth as well. Also, a mother's improper dental hygiene during pregnancy proves to be harmful for the developing baby. Here are some useful tips if you're planning a baby or if you already are a proud mother of one!
- Your dental health also contributes to your overall health. Just like you pay regular visits to your Gynaecologist during pregnancy, make sure you also find yourself a friendly, neighbourhood dentist to take care of yours and your child's teeth.
- The hormonal upsurge during pregnancy casts its effects on your gum health too. This leads to increased inflammation and plaque build-up in your oral cavity resulting in gazillions of bacteria in your mouth. What goes in your mouth, goes inside your body too. All these bacteria are transferred through the blood stream to your baby resulting in the following ill effects:
- Preterm babies with low birth weight
- Increased risk of premature delivery
- Gum bleeding
- Do not defer your dental treatment. Most dental treatments can be safely done during the second trimester. Any emergency dental problem can be taken care of after obtaining a consent from your gynaecologist.
- First visit, first tooth. The first milk tooh appears at 6 months of age and that's when you need to schedule your baby's first appointment with the dentist. Keep your kid's gum pads clean by wiping them with a clean wet gauze pad or wash cloth after every feeding. Start brushing your child's teeth with a kid-sized toothbrush when milk teeth begin to erupt. Don't let your child sleep with sweetened milk bottle or pacifier in the mouth.
- Be a role model. Overcome your own apprehensions related to dentistry and inspire your children to take care of their oral health. Good dental habits need to be taught at an early age. Monitor your kid's toothbrushing till 8-9 years of age. Teach them the importance of regular dental visits.
Follow these useful tips and pass on a healthy legacy to your child. A mother always wants to give the best of everything to her children and what's better than a healthy smile.
Ia 42 years female am having severe toothache, already night 1 dolokind plus taken, now i am having severe pa shall I take one more painkiller now?
I am 27 year old female and do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpastes and is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
Do you wish your teeth were whiter? Some people have off-white teeth naturally, probably through their genetic inheritance. Others get stained teeth over time for a variety of reasons. If you would like to brighten your smile but don't want to put the time or money into commercially whitening them, here are a few suggestions for doing it on your own.
1. Limit your consumption of tea, which contains tannic acid. This substance can darken teeth gradually over time, as evidenced by the stains left in teacups used for serving this beverage. You also may want to cut back on cola products, which has a similar but lesser effect. Any foods with deep colors, like blueberries, can leave stains on your tooth enamel. So be sure to brush your teeth after eating foods like these.
2. Rinse your mouth after eating. For best results, try to rinse with water even after snacks, including pop or candy bars. This will prevent foods from sticking to or staying with your teeth, where they can adhere to the enamel and cause stains to appear gradually. At work, use the drinking fountain or bathroom sink for a quick rinse. The quicker you rinse, the better results you will have. Some people even carry small bottles of mouthwash for a quick gargle after lunch.
3. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Morning and evening are the best times, or following two of your main meals. This will help to remove food bits that can cause discoloration or decay. You can use whitening toothpaste if you prefer, which will provide a low-key brightening effect on your teeth without the use of harsh chemicals or abrasive products. Ask your dentist to recommend a safe whitener for this purpose.
4. Ask about tetracycline substitutes. If you are prescribed tetracycline, a popular antibiotic, ask the doctor if there is a reasonable substitute, as tetracycline has been known to discolor patients' teeth, especially those who took it frequently or for prolonged periods of time. If you must take it, check with your dentist about how to combat the potential darkening effect it may have on your teeth. Other medications may have this effect, as well, so if tooth color is a problem, ask your doctor about the potential for discoloration for any prescription you receive, or simply inquire about those you should avoid.