Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Hegde
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi HegdeYour feedback matters!
Mujhe dentist ne gum surgery karne ko kaha hai par ham karna nae chhahte hai iske liye koi tablet ya kuch fruit khane se thik hosakta hai ham jab se wisdom teeh nikalwaye he tab se problem ho raha hai 9 month hogaya hai upper teeth me jhanjhanat sensitive rehta hai please advise good fruit or any medicine which is good for my teeth.
Sir I want to have braces for teeth, what is the process for getting them and how much it cost. Waiting for your reply.
Sir I had coated my cavity teeth but after one year coating has removed and start paining again what should I do to prevent it.
I am having a wound under my tongue! Which happened due to biting during dinner 2 days ago. Its become white with red border 4 place under the tongue! And paining like hell! Having fever and cough also! Pain is increasing! By Doctor advised I am Taking Paracetamol 650 3 times, KEFPOD CV 2 time, Ambrolite D. Also using internal ointment that is Metrogyl cream and Dolo gel cream by mixing 3 times. But pain is not improving! Got little relief from cough. But paining the tongue horribly. I can't tolerate the pain any more. Please help me as soon as possible or suggest any pain killer tablet! Thank you!
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
I Have open bite and I know that I must do Orthodontics and surgery . BUT I do not have engouh money for that So im wondering if there is any alternative treatment for my condition Thank you.
Hello . I have problem with gums bleeding so I go my dentist he treats my mouth and clean tart and other infection . But after one week my mouth again deposit tart and plaqe I used every day all precaution.
My teeth are yellowish in color till I brush twice daily. So. Please tell me how can I get white teeth within two or three weeks as after three weeks I have to attend an farewell party with my girlfriend please tell some cure of yellowness of teeth.
Utmost care should be given for children s dental health. Tooth appears six months from birth. Clean tooth with wet gauze and go for a dental visit at soon aftr first year of birth. Taking child to a dentist at young age is the best way to prevent tooth related problems.