Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rao
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. RaoYour feedback matters!
I had taken levipil 750 tablet in 3.30 pm and again in 11 pm is their any problem sir. What can I do sir. I am so tensed.
I am regularly suffering from migraine. Can you any one please telma the solutions or remedies for this. Please.
I am a 13 year old school girl. I am underweight. Whenever I get up from a sleeping or sitting position everything becomes black in front of my eyes and my head goes dizzy. At that time I need to have a support to stand or else I would fall down. Few months back I fell down from a tree and hurt my underarm and after a few second I fell down and I was unconcious. My mom told me that when I was unconcious I was stretching my body and I was opening my mouth and showing or pressing my teeth against each jaw. The white portion of my eye was being seen but not the black part. Then they put water on me and I was in sense. Then I was normal. But today again a thing like that happened. I was sleeping and when I tried to get up I got hurtwith edge of the window on my lower back. It pained and I felt that I got hurt on one of my vein and again I went unconcious. My mother told me that when I was unconcious my eyes were closed and I was again pushing my teeth against each other and my body was shaking and I was making some coughing type of sound with my throat and again my mother gave water on me and I was again in sense. I hope you can tell what happened exactly and should I consult a doctor or not. Thank you for reading this. I am the girl's mother and I have writtten this from her side. She has told me everything about her health problems and I have written this for her.
Hi doctor, Last 30 days I was suffering from very heavy migraine pain and very upset from this. After consulting from my doctor many test I had already done but still I suffered with same problem. Kindly help.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!