Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranna DanappaYour feedback matters!
Hi. Dr.I had my sex on 4th july and she had her periods on 20 june. And we have done unprotected sex. Can it caused pregnancy of my wife? I hv'nt use any contraceptive pills. And my wife don't get periods yet. What to do?
The entire humanity is now used to a fast paced, stressful life without time to think about their physical and mental health. Your body can adapt to this kind of lifestyle for a while. After which, one fine day, it might breakdown, with or without warning. Emotional stability is lost, and physical trauma is felt, and everyday activities may seem to be scary. Yoga comes to the rescue for all your problems. Be they physical or mental.
The real essence of Yoga lies around improving the life force at the base of the backbone. It attempts to achieve holistic goodness through various physical and mental workouts. Coming to the physical level, the procedures comprise of several postures or yogic asanas which can keep the body healthy, while on the mental level, there are some breathing techniques which helps in disciplining the mind. The benefits of Yoga are almost endless, and this is the reason why it has received international acclamation even when it had originated in India centuries ago.
How can Yoga aid you to live a better life?
No matter whether you are from the West or East, regular practice of Yoga can will offer tons of benefits which include:
- Improvement of flexibility: This is the most significant benefit of Yoga where you can improve your posture with each practice sessions. Inflexibility can bring about a lot of movement issues; tight hamstrings can flatten the lumbar spine while tight hips can cause strain to the knee. Daily Yoga can relieve the connective tissues while improving posture.
- Builds muscle strength: Strong muscles are not just meant for making you look good; it can protect you from conditions such as back pain, arthritis and falls among aged people. With regular practice of Yoga, you can see your muscles becoming stronger and flexible within a short span.
- Prevention of joint and cartilage breakdown: While practicing Yoga, all the major joints of the body runs through a roller coaster of motion. This can prevent degenerative arthritis and squeeze the parts of the cartilage which are not usually used.
- Improve the health of the bone: Several postures of Yoga demand you to bear your own weight such as the downward and the upward facing dog which also helps in making the bones in the arms stronger. Plus, Yoga is known to lower the cortisol levels which can boost the level of calcium in the bones.
- Protection of the spine: The spinal disks which help in absorbing shock crave for movement through which they get the nutrition. Yoga can get you optimum backbends, twists and forward bends to keep the disks in a supple condition.
How has Yoga helped in improving health condition?
Timothy McCall, MD, wanted to come to India to research and investigate on the benefits of Yoga in 2002. Weeks before that he developed tingling sensation along with numbness in his right hand. He was scared and thought that it was something serious like multiple sclerosis or a brain disease but found that he had a nerve blockage in the neck and chest.
Even though it was incapacitating to some extent, this ailment was a blessing in disguise as he could allow Yoga experts to evaluate the cause of the problem and treat it and his experiment reaped benefits. He practiced Pranayama which is a breathing exercise, different moves and chanting to restore vital energy to the affected parts. This had not only helped him to get rid of these problems but also made his body even more flexible, improved his postures and relieved him of various symptoms.
Basic Yoga asanas that can help maintain health
- Eka Pada Rajakapotasana
More real life examples can be cited where people suffering from chronic illness have gotten a complete relief by practicing Yoga. Across the world, this ancient Indian therapy has been acknowledged as an effective alternative therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi, I am a 22 year old girl. Many a times I used to have feelings for sex but my boyfriend stays in a different state so we can't meet. I do foreplay with my vagina sometimes with my fingers but now I don't get that satisfaction using my fingers, so I used hair clip twice and got that satisfaction. But after that I faced some itching effect in that part. Can you please suggest me some physical things that I can use to masturbate and satisfy my sexual feelings.
Hi i am one month pregnant i was studying car driving class i completed only 2 class if there is no problem can i continue
Is their any way to know that my girlfriend had sex with some one else except me in last two months because actually my problem is I work on ship so always have a doubt on this. If I may know how to know it would be very helpful to me.
I have daughter she is 9 years and recently got periods, but the flow is only 1to 2 drops when she pass urine ,it continued for 3 to 4 days, have done every test the result are normal, she got other periods in 15 days, is this normal or need to have second opinion.
Dear sir, I have done sex with my girlfriend two days back and today I have mated with another girl is there any problem will come to me with out protection I have proceeded so please give me suggestion.
I have a doubt related to miscarriage. What is difference between incomplete abortion and miscarriage.
I am suffering with herpes zoraster last 10 day and under going through server pain in my left hand side please suggest some effective medicine, presently I am taking combiflame। But not great result.
Hi. I bought a-kare kit for abortion and the pharmacist told me to take 2 misoprostol at night then 2 in the morning. But when I read the manual and searched the Internet is found that all four misoprostol should be taken at once. What should I do. Two years back I took the same dosage of pragnet kit but bled only for 1 day. And then I took another medication from another doctor.
While we having sex condom broke and sperms leaked in vagina. Took I pill without seeing it's expired date. Does expired contraceptive pill works if not what should do further and how should women know she is safe from pregnancy.
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control.
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants.
Recently I had sex with my gf. We didn't had intercourse but still she thinks there was a contact between our parts and she's worried that she may conceive. It was 15th day after her periods. Considering the fact my sperm was out but not in contact with her. Is there any possibility that without intercourse even touching of those things may cause this?
Hello, my wife got operated for breast engorged before six months, now she have one breast smaller than other, advise that what should she do to maintain the symmetry. Thank you.
Which is the most problematic domain of physical disorders and yet is the least spoken of? Well, the universal answer would be the 'sexual disorders' because there are several individuals being affected by sexual issues and yet, they are unfortunately not being able to open up properly. This lack of expression is not only creating problems for the patients but is also delaying the process of treatment. It is a harsh reality that the treatment of these issues is being hampered just because one is not able to discuss the same. To simplify all these problems related to sexuality in human beings, a sex specialist is an utmost requirement nowadays. This person is responsible for assisting a person infected with a certain sexual issue to recover from the serious situation both psychologically and physiologically as well.
About sex-related disorders in the humans and its subsequent treatment
The basic obstacle that prevents the people from breaking the barriers of the bedroom and explaining the sickness in detail to a sex specialist is the society related stigmas and taboos surrounding sexuality in humans. The Indian society is designed in such a manner that such issues are always hushed up as if speaking about these is some criminal offense. However, this grossly hinders the overall development of knowledge about human sexuality and in turn, leads to several potholes in the future. The males and females are not able to intermingle properly and are unable to mate freely thereby leading to an unhealthy conjugal relationship. This needs to be treated as soon as possible so that the situation does not get out of control and disorders do not take the shape of severe sexually transmitted diseases like AIDS or Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome.
What does a sex specialist do?
The main task of a sex specialist is to counsel the patients at first, get to know about their problems in detail and then proceed to treatment. Human psychology plays a major role here, and above all, it is important to identify the right kind of disorder that is plaguing the patient. The various kinds of issues that are being treated by a sex specialist nowadays are:
- Impotence in the males.
- Night discharge.
- Honeymoon related love making issues.
- Penis enlargement problems.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Premature ejaculation.
- Two-in-one treatment of erectile dysfunction as well as premature ejaculation.
- Three-in-one treatment of penis enlargement, erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation in the males.
- Hesitant in sexual intercourse treatment.
- Libido problems.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases or STDs like syphilis, gonorrhea, AIDS, etc.
- Male Sex Enhancement treatment.
- Herbal Pain Relief.
- Breast enlargement in the case of women.
- Weight Loss and Slimming.
Above all, the main aim of a sex specialist is to create absolute awareness about the sexuality in humans and that it is not at all 'bad' to talk about these in detail with the partner and to the doctor in case of any hindrances.
The sex specialist takes care of all these issues in a very compassionate manner and also maintains privacy and confidentiality in these matters so that the troubled souls who come to visit him or her for the treatment of the so-called 'whispering' issues do not feel perturbed. In fact, there are numerous packages available in the market, which come at competitive prices to enable the people to avail these at an affordable cost. All the packages are customized for specific needs of the sexuality-related issues in the humans. This involves a personalized approach because every single problem differs from the other and hence, requires unique care and treatment.Sexology as a subject tends to understand the behaviors, interests and functions of human sexuality. This field is a concoction of different fields such as psychology, medicine, epidemiology, sociology and many others. It offers medications and therapeutic treatments to manage diseases and disorders pertaining to human sexuality.
I have periods on the day of intercourse and next month. But I missed from past two month am I pregnant please help me?
Wil pregnancy test work with in a week after sexual intercourse I want a good answer no menstrual cycle since the intercourse.
Chlamydia is a Sexually Transmitted Disease. It is generally found in men and women under the age of 25. Researchers have found that in the United States about 2.9 million individuals develop this disease every year.
Here are things that you must know about the disease:
What is it all about?
It is caused due to bacterial infection and is transferred sexually. You can be infected with disease by having vaginal, oral or anal sex with the patient. You must be aware of the fact that you can develop chlamydia even if your partner doesn’t ejaculate inside your vaginal tract. If you had suffered from this disease in the past, you can still get it again by having unprotected sex with an infected person.
What are the symptoms of this disease?
There aren’t any obvious symptoms for this disease. Most of the patients show no sign of developing this disease. Thus, you never get to know when you were infected actually. However, some patients do reflect some symptoms after 4 to 5 days of infection. These symptoms include abnormal penis or vaginal discharge and painful, burning urination. Men can also develop a bleeding rectum.
How do you know for sure that you are infected?
Well, you can get yourself tested to confirm about the infection.
What happens if you don’t get treated?
If the patient doesn’t seek medical help, he or she is posing threat to his or her health. Women may develop pelvic inflammatory diseases, infertility or ectopic pregnancy. In men, it can cause pain and fever as the infection spreads along the tube carrying sperm.
Is there any treatment?
This disease is curable. But it is important to avoid sexual contact with anyone during the period of treatment or medication. First, you need to undertake the test to confirm the infection. You shouldn’t have sex for seven days after the treatment is over. It is advisable to get yourself tested thrice in a year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.