Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old male and have problems while waking up. I usually wake up tired and with pain in my legs. Also I start sneezing the moment I get up. Can you help me with what might be an issue?
I feel numbness in my left leg above the knee from last 3-4 days. What may be the reasons for this condition. What should I do now? Is this a serious issue.
Sir Some time pain in neck as I used laptop. Advice some nutrition or advice for doctor in Rajkot to increase Vitamin B.
I have developed tingling sensation/numbness mostly in sole and palm.However sometimes it is felt at the other part also.I have also developed pain in my shoulders. With the input of medicine(Jalra M 500/50),the diabetese is under control.I am also suffering from gas formation in my stomach which always disturbs me while i amm attending a meeting/conference. Please help. 48 yrs.Male
I'm 18 years old and my body weight is 100 kilo how to get thinner within 6 months and I'm also suffering from backache.
They have broken the backbone of my brother lying on Wade time is more than four years in the blisters come back because of the drug effect tell some way so they can recover.
I have right leg pain. Please help me. I have sleep at 24th march in evening on road then. My legs are foot skin are damaged and very pain.
I am 20 year old. I have pain in my back. Some time pain increase much more. I had tried all medicine but I don't get rest. What should I do.
I am a male 26 years old. I am feeling little pain from right side body and not comfortable to sleep right side and feeling pain from right side joint pain from my leg and hands.
I am suffering from severe back pain since last 6 months and though some medicines could lessen my pain for days still I couldn't get total relief from my pain. Help me.
If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, you may be at a high risk of developing Carpal tunnel syndrome. This is a very painful condition in which the hands and wrists are affected. The Carpal tunnel refers to a structure which is formed by the bones present in the wrist and the surrounding connective tissues, through which the nerves and tendons controlling the thumb movement pass. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the connective tissues get swollen because of inflammation and the nerves passing through the tunnel are crowded and squeezed.
Ways to get relief from Carpal tunnel syndrome:
Here are some common ways by which a patient with Rheumatoid arthritis can get relief from any discomfort caused due to Carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Get your Rheumatoid arthritis treated. Carpal tunnel syndrome is commonly caused because of an underlying sickness such as rheumatoid arthritis. Medicines such as disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs are used to manage the condition and for reducing inflammation which causes carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Getting enough rest is also very important. You must avoid using that hand or wrist, which has been affected for some weeks. This will allow the inflamed tissue to heal.
- You may wear a wrist splinter. A splint is suggested for resting your wrist therefore, it is kept in a neutral position. It can be worn during the day or when you are sleeping.
- You can take prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for pain relief. These also help in reducing the swelling of tissues within the carpal tunnel.
- A Cortisone shot may also be effective for easing the carpal tunnel syndrome. These steroid injections are given directly into the carpal tunnel. You will be able to get temporary relief from pain.
- A set of Carpal tunnel exercises have been developed by doctors. These are designed for stretching the wrists and for keeping them limber. You must perform these exercises on a regular basis for best results. Yoga is also effective for easing carpal tunnel syndrome. Performing regular yoga will help you to improve your wrist pain. The upper joints of the body are strengthened.
- Take breaks at work on a regular basis. By changing your position and taking short breaks, your Carpal tunnel symptoms are bound to improve. This is more essential for people who do a job where great stress is placed on the wrists. If you are into typing, you need to take breaks and stretch your wrists.
There are several alternative therapies for easing carpal tunnel syndrome, which are being studied and researched on. They include the likes of acupuncture, chiropractic care, magnets, botox treatments and vitamin B6 supplements.