Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh L BhangeYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old meri aakhe eyes bahut kamjor h chasma laga huaa h 6 no ka please ko aurveda me aach upaye bataye ji plz.
I am using glasses of approx -3 but it was 2009 when I first used a glasses of. 5 and after that it is increasing continuously! I am little worry because right now I fell that it has been increased even more than - 3 because it has been almost a year to consulting a doctor. Give please suggest me?
I have a eyes problem I cannot see the far objects and whn I remove my specks I see the objects blur.
Hi sir I have cataracts in both eye by birth. Now I am 25 year old boy. doctors do cataract surgery on my eye when I was 6 and 7 year old. But till now I wear. Specs and I have heavy cylinder numbers but wearing specs I can not able to see like normal man I have poor vision even I wear specs In Right eye Dist/cost=. SPH 7.0 CYL 2.0. AXIS 150. WISSION WITH GLASSES 6/24 NEAR= SPH 4.0 CYL 2.0 AXIS 150. vision WITH GLASSES J! Left eye DIST = SPH 2.5. CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES 6/ 18 NEAR =SPH 0.5 CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES J, I WRITE ABOVE AS eye doc write in my vision card after checking my eye. doctor said my eye lens which fit by cataracts operation is dusty so my vision is poor There is no solution! I first want to know can I deserve Low vision certificate by civil surgeon? 2nd thing I want to know is there any new technology for me? Who give me good vision even with specs. Kya ye ho sakta he cataracts ka re operation kar ke naya latest focal lenses fit liya ja ske purine wale ki jagah to me jyada nahi to thoda bahar dekh saku kyuki is sthiti me computer ke small font padh pa rahi sakta or degree hone ki bavjud achi job computer pe nahi kar pa sakta so please please ans me Aur kya contact lenses wear kar sakta hu? Jo dur aur najdik dono ka dekh ne me comfort de wesa koi contact lenses suggest kare Above all questions are very important for me so please ans it sir.
He have eye problem in long sight. He wait for good doctor as soon as possible. Please reply urgently.
Eye fatigue is a condition where the eyes are constantly tired and in some amount of pain as well. The other symptoms of this condition can also include swelling, burning and itching. Other ailments and conditions in the body like computer vision syndrome and others can cause this condition as a side effect and it should be referred to an ophthalmologist at the earliest for treatment.
So what else do we know about tired eyes or eye fatigue? Here are our list!
- Causes: Usually, this condition may be caused by activities that require the constant movement and focus of the eyes for tasks like reading, writing, focusing on the glare and flicker found in computer screens or on smartphones, and more. Also, driving for a long time and exposing the eyes to too much sunlight can lead to this condition. Video games and handheld devices may also lead to the same. Also, the presence of more serious ailments in the body as well as computer vision syndrome that hits roughly 50 to 60% of workers who use computer screens on a daily basis and for long hours, can lead to this condition. Lack of sleep and a poor diet that does not have plenty of nutrients can also cause this condition and other related symptoms.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms of this condition including redness, itching, burning, swelling, watery eyes and much more, which will leave the eyes feeling tired. Also, blurred or cloudy vision may be experienced by patients for whom this condition has become more severe. The patient will also end up facing difficulty when it comes to focusing or driving for long periods of time, and headaches may take over after a few hours of reading or computer screen times. Also, related symptoms include acute pain and dull aches in the neck and shoulders which can trickle down to the upper back region.
- Treatment: The best treatment for this condition is with the help of lifestyle changes like cutting down your working hours and taking frequent breaks. Also, you could place your computer screen at least 20 to 26 inches away from your face while you are working so that your eyes are at a more comfortable distance and do not get affected too easily. You must also try and limit your screen time in terms of hand held device usage. A doctor may also carry out an eye exam and prescribe artificial tear inducers or bifocal lenses to deal with the problem.
Persistent eye fatigue must be checked by an ophthalmologist who will arrive at a proper diagnosis and treatment.
I asked for reduce eye power. Doctor suggested me to go either for contact lens or lasik laser. My number is -5.50 which is very high. Will laser work in my eyes and after it will I also have to wear glasses. Is lasik laser safe for eyes?
Could you please sugest me some medicine. I m facing some floater problem in my both eyes. I see Some tiny hair like structures hanging around.
I have been suffering from RP problem which is the eye disease and it is from my childhood. Can anyone help me?
Why is my white part of eye (sclera) becoming yellowish over the past years? And it has formed small yellowish part at one side of the both eyes.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.
I am 18 years old boy. Sometimes I suffer from headache badly. I wear glasses of power -4.5. Is it happen for this power? What should I do? Please help.
Retinal detachment is an emergency eye condition in which the retina at the back of the eye gets separated from the surrounding tissue and pulls away from its normal position. The retina acts as a light-sensitive wallpaper in the eye, providing a lining for the inside of the eye wall and sending visual signals to the brain. As the retina can't work properly under these conditions, one can permanently lose vision if the detached retina is not repaired immediately.
During the retinal detachment, the retinal cells gets separated from the layer of blood vessels which provides oxygen and nourishment. Usually, it begins in form of small torn area of retina known as retinal tears or retinal breaks. This condition, if not treated, leads to retinal detachment and finally permanent vision loss.
Retinal detachment has tell-tale warning signs like an increase in sudden appearance of floaters resembling cobwebs floating in field of vision. It can be coupled with flashes of light or curtain from any direction causing a loss of vision.
Retinal detachment is of three types. The most common form is Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment where a tear allows fluid to get under retina and prevents nourishment to reach retina from retinal pigment epithelium by separating them. In Fractional form, scar tissue on the retina's surface shrinks causing it to separate from the retinal pigment epithelium. This form is most prevalent with diabetes patients. Lastly, in case of Exudative retinal detachment, the fluid leaks into the area under retina without a tear or breaks in the retina. Retinal diseases or trauma to the eye are main causes for Exudative retinal detachment.
Although a person of any age can suffer from retinal detachment, but it is more prevalent in people over the age of 40. People suffering from degenerative myopia or lattice degeneration are more prone to this medical condition. People with family history of retinal detachment are also likely to suffer from the same.
Retinal detachment can be treated in many ways. The most common form is the Laser surgery in which small tears and hole are joined back to the retina. Another method is Cryopexy in which the area around the hole in frozen and helps reattach the retina. Both the above procedure are performed at ophthalmologist's clinic.
Sometimes, one may have to opt for Scleral buckle in which a tiny synthetic band is attached to the outside of the eyeball which gently pushes the wall of the eye in toward the centre of the eye placing the eye wall very close to the detached retina. Another option is vitrectomy surgery to replace the vitreous that fills the centre of the eye and helps the eye maintain a round shape.
A retinal detachment is an emergency medical condition and must be treated immediately to save one's vision. Most people have been successfully treated for retinal detachment, but ophthalmologists cannot always predict how vision will turn out. The visual outcome will not be known for up to several months after surgery. However the results are best when the retinal detachment is treated as soon as possible.