Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh DumbreYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fungal infection, there is white spots on hand how can I stop that. Please ans me as soon as possible.
Hi mam Help! My skin is quit healthy earlier but now i lost that smoother and healther skin my right part of face around eyes are filling with dark brown spot day by day . Is there any solution or any way to come out of this then please suggest what will suit me and what shoud i do for that ?
I have blackheads and pimple. With black spots and many other problem in my face skin. please solve my problem nd rply.
My son 8 years old is having small white patches around his ankle area doctor said he is having hypopigmentation maculus I am very much worried about this condition please suggest how to prevent it further.
This surgery involves the removal of Gallbladder, which is a pear-shaped organ that lies right beneath the right side of the liver. The main function of the gallbladder is to collect and concentrate bile, which is a digestive juice produced by liver after eating, aiding digestion. The most common disorder of the digestive system is presence of Gallstones, which are the stones made up of a mixture consisting of cholesterol, bile pigment and calcium salts.
These Gallstones don’t cause any problems in most cases. But prompt treatment is required if stones block ducts and cause infections and inflammation in the pancreas. This may lead to removal of the gallbladder through a surgery, known as cholecystectomy, which further includes techniques such as laparoscopic (keyhole) cholecystectomy or open surgery.
Although it is a less vital organ, the body can cope up even after removal.
Procedure of surgery:
- The surgery involves removal of gallbladder and gallstones through several incisions in the abdomen. In order to see clearly, the surgeon inflates the abdomen with air or carbon dioxide.
- A lighted scope attached to a video camera is inserted into one incision near the belly button. The video monitor is used as a guide for inserting other surgical instruments into the other incisions to remove the gallbladder.
- Intraoperative cholangiography is the X-ray procedure which shows the anatomy of bile ducts. This is done before the surgeon removes the gallbladder.
- Bile flows from the liver through the common bile duct after the surgery into the small intestine. As the gallbladder has been removed, the gallbladder can no longer store bile between meals but has no effect or little effect on digestion.
- In case of open surgery, the surgeon reaches the gallbladder through a large, single incision in the abdominal wall.
Complications after gallbladder surgery:
This surgery carries some degree of risk like any other surgery. Complications such as internal bleeding, infection, injury to nearby digestive organs, injury to the bile duct and injury to blood vessels.
Types of gallstones:
There are three main types of gallstones. They are
1. Mixed stones: They are made up of cholesterol and salts. They tend to develop in batches.
2. Cholesterol stones: Mainly made of cholesterol, which is crucial to many metabolic processes. They can grow large enough to block the bile ducts.
3. Pigment stones: The colour of bile is greenish-brown, due to some particular pigments.
Medical factors to consider before cholecystectomy:
The most important factor is a consideration of your medical history. This is because the pre-existing conditions influence decisions on surgery and anaesthetic and information about any bad reactions or side effects from any medications would be helpful for surgery.
Self-care after the surgery:
Taking rest is the most important thing after surgery. Avoid things such as heavy lifting and physical exertion. The usual recovery period after the surgery is one week.
Doctor it feels that I can not urinate whole of my urine and feels still some urine is left. I give more pressure in order to make it empty. I have frequent urge of urination. I had u. T few months back and doctor said its cured after having medicine. I have heard enlargement of prostrate also blocks urine. I still have the same problem as mentioned above. What is the remedy if prostate has enlarged and it is creating problem in me? Help plz.
The Russians love their national drink, the vodka, as much as the french love their fine wines. And just like wine, vodka can be easily used in your daily beauty regime to add a much wanted healthy white glow to your skin.
Vodka is a great astringent or toner. Soak a cotton ball in a mix that is equal parts vodka and water and then lightly dab all over your skin. It will cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
You can add a dash of lemon juice to the mixture and freeze it. Rub these beauty cubes onto your face to bring down skin bloat as vodka and lemon juice together tighten pores and brighten the skin.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.