Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rakhee SagarYour feedback matters!
Hello, My mother aged 65 had left eye blood bleeding and took 3 Avastin injections on 29/04/2014 and now she has problem viewing and doctor said it's because water leakage please suggest what should be done. Thank you.
Hi this is ajay Kumar28. Male, I am suffering with headache from last 2months,, I do have sight spectacle with -1.00 power, but it's not refractive headache, it's not a migraine, it comes during evening and early mornings. Please help me out of this situation.
I want I specs to be removed by natural way without any kind of surgery. Power is just -1.25 & -1.00.
I have red eyed for last 4 days what is reason and how I will be cured? Any easy solutions suggestible to do our own.
One of my relative nearly lost eye site due to Steven Johnson effect. Tears are not formed. Now she is using artificial lens with liquid in it. It's taking lot of time to recover. The method adopted is Boston Technic. Can any doctor suggest better treatment. She is 18 years old. You can call me on 9821249793 Mumbai.
Some parts of our body like our eye lids are ignored until we face a problem related to it. One such ailment that affects our eye lids is the swelling of the eyelid. This can affect both the upper and lower eye lid and may or may not be painful. This is triggered by the inflammation of fluid in the connective tissues around the eye as a result of eye infections, injuries and allergies. It could also be a sign of a more serious health condition such as Graves disease, orbital cellulitis or ocular herpes.
Some of the symptoms you may notice with swollen eye lids are:
- Itchiness in and around the eye
- Excessive tearing
- Redness of the eye lid and white part of the eye
- Dry, scaly skin on the eye lid
- Obstructed vision depending on the extent of swelling
As mentioned above, these symptoms can be triggered by a number of factors. Allergic reactions to pollen, dust, dander, makeup and certain eye drops are the most common causes of swollen eyelids. The swelling of blood vessels in and around eyes is a common effect of histamines. Conjunctivitis or the inflammation of the inner lining of the eye can also result in swollen eyelids along with making the eyes water and itch. Bacterial infection or the inflammation of the meibomian gland in the form of styes can also make the entire eye lid swell. In such cases, the eyelid is also very tender to the touch. A blocked meibomian gland can also trigger the formation of a chalazion. This later develops into a hard sebaceous cyst which makes the eyelid swell.
An injury to the eye can also trigger inflammation and make the eye look swollen. Another common cause of eye infections is improper use of contact lenses such as not keeping them clean or swimming with lenses on.
The form of treatment best suited to you will depend on the underlying factors triggering the condition. In cases of allergic reactions being the trigger, antihistamine drops or lubricating ‘artificial tears’ could help relieve the symptoms. In more serious cases, your doctor may also prescribe mild steroid drops. Infections caused by conjunctivitis or ocular herpes usually responds well to anti viral and anti inflammatory medication in the form of eye drops or ointments.
To prevent further aggravation of the condition, avoid rubbing your eyes and minimize touch to the area. Applying a cool compress over the eyes can also help relieve the itchiness and swelling. In addition to this, splash your face with cold water as many times a day as possible. Lastly, avoid wearing contact lenses for the duration of the infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Dr. Shah Nawaz: as you advised If I want to remove spectacles, I can consider laser surgery. Just want to know how safe laser surgery is what is its cost criteria. My power is 2.5 & 2.75. Thanks in advance.
Dr. please see my routine now and say me what wrong things I am doing I get up till 9 I bath n have glass of lemon n honey then after 15 min I do breakfast with 1roti and patli chai and then nthg between lunch only lunch at 1 in lunch I ate 2 chapati with any of vegetables n a while I drink green tea and den I sleep till 5 and nthg till dinner at dinner I ate 1 chapati with vegetable and then after a while I drink green tea and sleep till 1 is this I am going on right way pllz suggest me for my weight loss thank you.
I have 1 year baby at present her eye have some infection like redness more tears and size are some smaller than other can I use pyrimon drop for this treatment.
From 2-3 days my far sight weekend and also my eye is burning. What is the reason behind this and what can I do know?
How I can save my eyes due to computer work in the office and can I use different types of glasses at the work so I can save my eyes.
What is the reason behind Tearing from eyes in the night while sleeping and I use systane eye drops for about 2 months.
My eyes are very weak I have a specs of minus 4 number can I get rid of my specs naturally without laser operation.
Hllo doctor. .main laptop ko apne kaam k liye bhut use krta hoon .but meri eyes pain krne lagti hai to mujhe kya krna chahiye or kya main zero no. K glasses lga sakta ho k nhi .plz suggest me..
I am 23 years old married girl. I am on 75 mg thyroxine. My thyroid level are normal.in evening my eyes gets so tired and head. My eyes get automatically close. Its difficult to remain with open eyes. So I am very tense due to this problem. What I will do.
I feel my eyes heavy after work. Is that something that I need to lower my work stress or else is there any another thing?
I am getting continue water from my both eyes from 1 years. Please help me to control this diseases. Please give me a right solution.
Diabetes is the condition where the blood glucose levels in your body tend to be quite high and can have an adverse effect on many of the organs in your body. The eyes are no exception and can be quite adversely affected by diabetes as well.
Let's look at the various problems you could face if you have diabetes:
1. Blurry vision: Diabetes can cause the lens in the eye to swell and this will affect the way you see. Because of the increased lens size, the eyes have difficulty in focusing on objects resulting in blurry vision. You will have to get your blood sugar levels back to normal and only then the vision will begin to correct itself. This will however take time to happen.
2. Cataract: Blurry vision for an extended period of time which progressively gets worse can be a symptom of cataract. Although cataracts can develop even with normal patients, they tend to accelerate and happen earlier in adults who have diabetes. Cataracts are usually fixed with surgery where the natural lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens.
3. Diabetic retinopathy: Diabetic Retinopathy and Retinal Detachment are one of the leading causes of blindness in adults who suffer from diabetes. The retina is a very important part of the eye which allows us to see the images by capturing light and then sending them to the brain via the optical nerve. With diabetic retinopathy the smaller blood vessels in your retina may get damaged and thus end up causing damage to your vision. This can be of three types:
- Proliferative Retinopathy: In this condition very small blood vessels grow from the surface of the retina. The retina is the film at the back of your eye , and the tiny blood vessels are capillaries. These growing blood vessels are very delicate and bleed easily. If you have had diabetes for years your retinae may develop this condition. As the retina is damaged by diabetes, the diseased retina releases special growth chemicals. These chemicals make tiny blood vessels grow: these are called 'new blood vessels.
- Background Retinopathy: Background or nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) is the earliest stage of diabetic retinopathy. With this condition, damaged blood vessels in the retina begin to leak extra fluid and small amounts of blood into the eye.
- Maculopathy: The macula is the central area of your retina. It is responsible for all your sharp vision, such as used for watching TV or reading. It can become damaged in diabetes, with leaks developing (oedema).
4. Glaucoma: This is a condition where fluids build up inside the eye and it results in the pressure within it building up. This may damage the blood vessels within the eye and cause vision changes. Problems within the eye may not be detected till you experience vision loss. Some of the symptoms of glaucoma may include:
- Blurry vision
- Watering from Eyes
- Difficulty in vision
- Pain in the eyes
- Lights appear to have halos
Treatments: Blurry vision also tends to go away slowly once the level of blood glucose is controlled either via medicines or by diet changes. However, glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy may require a range of medicines to ease the pressure on the eye or to discharge fluid buildup. If none of these works, then relevant surgery may be required to resolve the problems.