Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh Punmia
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh PunmiaYour feedback matters!
Does oral leukoplakia always turn into cancer even if smoking and tobacco has been stopped will it regress.
There is an ulcer in my mouth on both sides. I'm worrying that it can be cancer. There is no pain, however. Kindly help.
I am 40 year old man & have infection & pus in roots of teeth. I already treat root canal in this teeth before 12 month. Advice any oral treatment or step. I take antibiotic (phexin-500 )& pain killer (diclo+para+serratiopeptidase) daily.
Hi I have gaps between lateral upper incisors and central incisors are large. Can I opt for crowns or braces?
Hi, for the past 3-4 months I've had a white/yellowish coating on my tongue that doesn't go away even after brushing twice a day and scraping it with a tongue scraper multiple times a day. I even used Betadine gargles for 3 days and took Fluconazole for a week, but it didn't help. It keeps resurfacing and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I've been traveling for a shoot for the past few months in villages and haven't been eating properly, so have lost weight and my immunity has probably been affected by that as well as I had a cough that lasted almost 20 days. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.
Tooth decay is treated removing the damaged portion of your tooth and substituting it with ‘fillings’. Fillings can be made up of different materials such as silver amalgam, porcelain, gold or even plastic. Hence these plastic, tooth-colored, glass mixtures that are used to restore decayed teeth are known as composite fillings. Composites are also used for changing the color of or reshaping disfigured teeth.
How are they placed?
The dentist sets the composite in layers employing a specialized UV Laser light to harden each of the layers. After this, the dentist moulds the composite to fit in your tooth. The composite is then polished to prevent premature staining or wearing out of the composite. Good shaping and polishing of the tooth to produces a virtually invisible restoration.
When are composite fillings used?
White fillings can be used for cosmetic options as well.
- Short or spaced out teeth: Composites are able to reshape any deformed teeth or add length to a tooth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: It can fill in any chips or worn down teeth to appear healthy yet again.
- Smile Makeover: It does not require for healthy tooth structure to be removed unlike a veneer
Preventive dentistry: The molars in the back have deep groves on the sides that food particles can get trapped in causing infection. The composite can be filled in those areas as a preventative.
Advantages of Composites:
- The shade of the composite filling is well suited to match the color of your existing teeth.
- They can chemically bond to your tooth structure, rendering additional support.
- Composite fillings are also used to mend broken or cracked teeth.
- With composite filling, not much of your tooth structure needs to be taken off as compared to amalgam fillings.
Precautions with Tooth coloured fillings
- Composite fillings wear faster as compared to silver fillings should be replaced within 3-7 years.
- Need regular follow up care or maintenance as they are subject to microleakage.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.