Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajiv
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. RajivYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I'm facing two types of problems is following When I comes in contact of cold water or whether in morning time so that time I feel sneezing 15-20 times everyday & after that there is some itchy also in my throat. Kindly let me know the solution. 2nd problem is, In night my nose disturb to all other member, I'm not fatty guy but I don't know why sounds create. So requesting from all Specialist ENT doctor, kindly let me know the perfect solution. Awaiting for your prompt response on this.
Hi, I am feeling someone pulled my head and at the centre of my head is heavy every time before and after my periods. In between also sometimes I am feeling like that means dizziness like that. At that time my heart rate increased and sometimes motion also comes. Can you please suggest the answer I am worrying so much.
I am suffering from sinus. Whenever I sleep. I got a panic attack of breathlessness for few seconds. And I have done with ctscan of sinus in which there is swelling in muscles of inside the nose. And also taken medicines like spray and also tried homeopathy but both were not working. Kindly help me what to do and do nots. And prescribe the medicine.
I am the age of 38 years. I have white spot inside the left buckle mucosa since more than one year. I have consulted a ent specialist. He gave some medicines. I got relief 75% but white spot did not vanished. Whether I have to move for biopsy? it may be cancer.
I have sinus problem. For a long time. I am using fluticasone nasal spray. Doctor advised me to use before 4 years. I have started using since last week due to repeated sneezing in morning. Is there any side effects? Will that impact eyes?
Why did I feel giddy(dizzy) after working out today? I exercised my Upper Body and ran 1.8 kms on the treadmill and cycled for 5 mins before lifting weights.
Hi ,my uncle when coughing then he start paining head & he feel dizzy & after two minutes he back to normal but when he get normal he do not know what happen last two minutes.
Have you tried a host of conventional therapies, taken numerous medications, consulted the best physicians - but a cure still seems elusive?
If you are looking for a faster and completely natural method of healing from these balance disorders, Ayurveda is your best option.
What is Tinnitus?
The word tinnitus is a latin derivative meaning ‘to ring’. In this condition, the person suffers from a disparity of sound in both ears without any external noise present, like hissing, roaring clicking, whistling and others.The ringing can be sporadic or continuous and the volume ranges from minute to blooming to clamourous.
Tinnitus has also been associated with-
- Sensorineural hearing loss in people with a vata dominant type of body
- Pulsatile tinnitus or rhythmic pulsing, a thumping sound that coordinates with the heartbeat.
Globally, 50 million, which is 10-18% of the total population, suffer from tinnitus.
What is Vertigo?
Vertigo is characterized by a feeling of sudden rush in the head which leads to swaying or spinning. This makes it difficult to stand in an upright position. Ayurveda calls it ‘brahma’.
Ayurveda states that vertigo is an outcome of ‘pitta and vatta dosha’.
- When these ‘doshas’ becomes overactive, it imbalances the entire functioning system and causes irritating sensations like ringing in the ears.
- ‘Vestibular imbalance’ in the inner portion of the ear is another reason causing vertigo
- When adequate oxygen flow to the ear is disrupted, it also causes abnormal ringing in the ears
Panchakarma is a five (pancha) therapy (karma) which makes use of complete ayurvedic techniques in detoxification and body-mind healing. It eliminates diseases from their roots by examining individual needs like the body constitution, pitta dosha, age, digestive fire, and other factors. It is a proven therapy to restore the optimal health of the body, vitality and inner balance.
This rejuvenating program believes in two major treatment methods- ‘shodhana’ and ‘shamana’. Shodhana is cleansing of the body and Shamana refers to treatment with medications.
1. Panchakarma to treat Tinnitus
- Nasya or errhine medications- Nose drop oils like vacha calms and balance the prana vayu. The oil is warmed, put in one nostril and it flows out of the other. This removes excess vata from the head and the neck area.
- Abhyanga is of two types- Shiroabhyanga is a head massage and padabhyanga is a foot massage. In padabhyanga the soles of the feet are rubbed with warm sesame oil which calms the prana vayu. The oil penetrates deep into the skin, relaxes the body, nourishes every starved cell and removes excess waste products. It propels arterial and lymphatic circulation.
- Karnapoorna or ear drops are used to relax the vata in the ears. Approximately ten drops of sesame oil is applied and allowed to stay for five-ten minutes. The ear is cleaned and the process is repeated for the other ear.
- Kawala and Gandush is the gargling of specific medicated oils or kawath (liquid). It provides strength to the nerves of the ears and appeases the vata gandush.
2. Panchakarma to treat Vertigo
The science of Ayurveda does not state vertigo as a chronic disease. Rather it is a disorder of the nervous system. The vitiated pitta is responsible for causing the spinning sensation. This is where the Ayurvedic method of Panchakarma benefits the human body by balancing the pitta and purifying it. The healing techniques include-
- Abhyanga or regular oil massaging
- Swedana or treatment by applying herbal steam
- Lymphatic massage
- Basti or medicated enemas
- Nasya or administering oils through the nostrils
What is new drum repair surgery?
Majority of patients coming with ear discharge or hole in ear drum or hearing loss when advised Tympanoplasty or Tympano-mastoidectomy ask what is new ear drum? Tympanoplasty means exploration of middle ear , removal of disease if there any and repair of ear drum &/or ossicles (3 tiny bones for hearing). New drum formation takes place after 3 wks or more, after we put temporalis fascia taken from behind & above pinna or perchondrium &/or cartilage as graft when disease demand only ,then mastiod bone (which is extension of middle ear cleft behind) is also drilled open or removed. Bones of hearing may be refashioned from existing ones if needed or may be cartilage or titanium etc prosthesis can be used to improve hearing. Successful operation means stoppage of discharge, closure of hole and improvement in hearing. Patient should not have complaints of persistent pain or itching hence preoperative nasal sinus and throat infections must be treated and pt must avoid cold exposure and infections. Head wash must be avoided for 3wks so also forceful blowing nose. However a valsalva exercise in absence of cold is beneficial. Microsurgery of ear today has very high success rate,done under local anaesthesia except in children and should not be feared. patient can go back to his/her town next day and resume work on day 3rd.