Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh K. BawaskarYour feedback matters!
As it is rightly said ‘Nutrition starts at Conception’. Diet plays a vital role in physical and mental development of the child right from the conception. An expectant mother must make sure to follow the right diet.
There is much hyped misconception about following healthy dietary habits during pregnancy for benefit of her little one, but that’s untrue. If a to be mother manages to follow a good and nutritionally adequate diet, it will in fact help her as well to achieve healthy weight gain, comfortable child birth and most importantly helping her body to prepare for post-delivery weight loss. A physically and mentally fit mother makes a happy and active child.
By following a healthy and balanced diet throughout her 9 months and 9 days of pregnancy will immensely benefit her unborn. Inclusion of foods from all the food groups will be an added benefit. The following content will help an expectant mother to make wise choices during her pregnancy, making sure she remains healthy throughout.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates form nearly 55 to 60% of total calorie consumption in Indian diets. They are majorly divided into two types i.e. Simple and Complex variants. A child bearer should opt for the complex carbohydrates in form of wholegrains like whole wheat, bajra, sorghum (jowar), finger millet (ragi / nachni), oats, etc. in her diet as they have higher fiber content with preserved vitamins and minerals. Simple carbohydrates majorly include more of refined products (maida, packaged foods), which should be used in limits or avoided throughout the pregnancy phase, as they do not provide any nourishment.
- Proteins: Proteins are said to be the building blocks of the body, involved in steady metabolism and repair of the damaged tissues, making them an integral part of mother’s and baby’s nourishment. Consuming protein rich foods like eggs, low fat dairy, pulses, yogurts, soy and its products at least 3 to 4 times a day, helps optimise the recommended daily allowance (RDA) intake of protein per day. Vegetarian mothers have to be more careful and be innovative to make sure that their protein consumption is not compromised.
- Fats: Fats play an important role in transporting Fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K to liver. Fat intake should not be completely discouraged during pregnancy, since it is a concentrated form of energy and is actively involved in hormone making mechanism in the body. Fat intake is important, but within prescribed limits and there should be insistence on inclusion of good fats. Keeping diet restricted in bakery products, fried foods and junk foods will massively help in preventing inappropriate weight gain and also reducing the possibility of potential risk factors during & post pregnancy. Omega 3 fats present in walnuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, spinach should be taken as it tremendously helps in mental development of the growing baby.
Macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins and fats) intake through daily allowance will make sure an expectant mum gets her required nutrition. However, nutrients like Iron, calcium, folic acid, B complex vitamins also play a vital role in maintenance of healthy pregnancy. Daily allowance should be met by consuming green leafy vegetables, nuts, fresh fruits, etc.
Apart from getting daily calories allowance, it is equally important to stay hydrated. Water aids digestion, which helps to keep constipation at bay and also helps in maintaining optimal levels of amniotic fluid in the amniotic sac.
Expectant mother should divide her meals in small and frequent portions to combat acidity, bloating which are most common troubles associated with pregnancy. She should highly be motivated to be physically active and get adequate rest as well.
A special attention should be given to keep salt and sugar intake to minimal, as they contribute to unnecessary weight gain and bloating. They are also known to delay the labour process.
Conclusion / Bottom line
Maternal Nutrition plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy and blissful pregnancy. It is highly recommended to seek nutrition advice from a nutrition expert preferably before planning a child as a healthy diet will help in conception as well as during & post pregnancy.
I am 23 year old i got married on 6 dec 2014 before marriage i have irregular period and after marrige i dont get period for 2 month and now on 20march i get my period and now i want to concive can is this create problem for me for conceive?
Since two months I am finding little change in my periods. Bleeding occur less than before and having smell. Previously I never felt such bad smell. In non periods days White discharge also have smell that I never felt before. What can be its causes nd what should I do? Kindly reply as soon as possible to help me.
Hi, Now i am pregnant for 5 months when I get baby moment. What precaution I take to my child healthy? Please advise.
My sister has thyroid problem. She is pregnant .how much time she take medicine. This time doctor prescribed ELTROXIN 50 mcg.
Care of Hands in Summer:
- USE gentle moisturising hand wash.
- USE moisturising cream after every hand wash.
- USE anti aging cream on your hands after applying moisturiser at night .
- USE Sunscreen with SPF 50 after applying moisturiser.
My married friend was planning a baby. Thus month she had the feeling that she has conceived as there were symptoms including vomiting, spotting etc. She was waiting for her periods to be missed to do home pregnancy test to be sure if it. But yesterday night she fell, had immediate periods with heavy unusual bleeding. Is it a possible miscarriage? Does she need to consult a doctor immediately, I mean if it's miscarriage can it be dangerous for her body if unattended?
Hi madam. Mine is a gynec issue. I am 27 years old and my hubby is 31 years old. We are planning for children from past 1year. I have regular periods (30 days cycle), no thyroid and my health reports are good. My hus health condition and sperm count is well. Please let me know where the issue is. thanks madam.
Leucorrhoea or Vaginitis is a problem that many women face. When there is a discharge from the female genitals which has a foul smell and dirty white or greenish pallor, this condition is called Leucorrhoea. The other symptoms of this condition include inflammation and irritation in the area. While this condition may last many weeks and even months, in some cases, it can also start affecting the reproductive organs of the female patient. This problem mostly crops up during puberty and can lead to long term damage if it does not get timely and proper treatment. One of the best ways of dealing with this condition is with the help of Ayurveda, which is an ancient science that combines herbs, lifestyle tweaks, Yoga and massages for treatment of various kinds of ailments.
Let us find out more about the Ayurvedic treatment available for Leucorrhoea:
- Lifestyle and Hygiene: Poor hygiene and bad eating habits remain some of the most common causes of Leucorrhoea, as per medical science. Accordingly, Ayurveda purports a number of lifestyle changes that include a proper balanced diet where fried, fatty and other junk food will be eliminated. Also, routinely cleaning your private parts and creating better living conditions in terms of hygiene will help in treating this ailment.
- Lady's Finger or Okra: This healthy green vegetable has many minerals that can help in treating this condition. One must boil a few pieces for at least twenty minutes before straining, sweetening and drinking it as a tonic.
- Mango Seeds: One can dry these mango seeds and grind them to make a powder. This powder can be added to water to make a fine paste for application in the vaginal tract.
- Amaranth Root: The antibacterial properties of this herb make it ideal for flushing out the toxins that cause Leucorrhoea as well as other bacterial infections and conditions. The compounds in this element also help in treating a number of vaginal disorders. You can grind the root and add this powder to water before having it. The leaves and branches can also be added to boiling water before being strained so that one can have it as a tonic at least twice a day.
- Walnut Leaves: Walnut leaves are said to have astringent properties that can heal infections. One can infuse boiling water with these leaves for twenty minutes or so. Strain and let it cool before using it on the vaginal areas. One can do this at least three to four times a day for rapid relief.
There are many other elements as per Ayurveda which can be used for treating this issue including betel leaves, guava leaves, cranberry juice and sandalwood oil.
Hello, I am 33 years old, I am afraid of surgeries and stiches, can you please help how I can overcome this? I have a small sebacious cyst on the back of my thigh, I need to get that removed. Thanks for your help.
Hello, my wife pussy is very black in colour, how to make into white so as to sex confortly? age 22.
I am 23 years old. I have a boyfriend. In the month of February I suffered from UTI at initial stage itself I visited the doctor and had a full treatment on i. I was on antibiotics. Recently after having sex I suffer from lower abdominal pain. The PAIN SHIFTS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT TOO CENTER. IT HAS NEVER BEEN ON THE SAME PLACE FOR LAST WHOLE MONTH. I have a regular menstrual cycle. Everytime we have intercourse we use condoms. Could you please tell me what am I suffering from.
Hello doctor I am a 33 old woman. Had a miscarriage 2 years back. Since then not able to conceive again. My recent hsg test shows that my both fallopian tubes are blocked. Is there any medication to cure it. As I don't want to undergo any surgical process. Doctor has suggested to go for an ivf. Please guide.
I am not getting regular periods as I got periods on December 6 even I want to loose the weight from 50 to 45 so I need a suggestion from you to get my period cycle regularly and to loose my weight for 45.please help
Hello doctor I am 23 years old 7 months pregnant I have done encircularge in 5th month can I do sex know is it safe or not please suggest me thank u.
Dr, My boyfriend brought his penis near my vagina but didn't ejaculate. He touched it only for about a second. And then he fingered me. Are there any chances that I might get pregnant because of his precum since I think he'd touched his penis before fingering me. I had my last period on 27 th June. And this incident happened on 5 th July. 28 days is my avg cycle length.
1. Bael fruit for constipation:
Fast foods that is very low in fiber is the main cause of constipation. Eating a traditional diet rich in fiber will treat constipation very effectively and if combined with home remedies will give the best results. Though fruits like bananas, mangoes helps people who suffer from constipation, bael fruit gives amazing results. Consume bael fruit regularly to get rid of constipation. The fruit is so full of fiber that it treats constipation very quickly. To eat, cut the fruit in half, sprinkle some brown sugar and enjoy it.
2. Bael fruit for ulcerative colitis:
A male about 35 years was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and doctors started steroid medications for him as his condition was worse. However despite taking steroids for weeks he kept having the flare ups. Finally the patient started looking up for alternate therapy and he found bael fruit. After taking bael fruit two times a day for a few weeks he could reduce the dosage and finally he was steroid free. After reading the incident, I was amazed at how a small fruit had saved the patient from so much pain. If you suffer from ulcerative colitis, please give bael fruit a try, as it does not have side effects.
3. Bael fruit for diabetes:
Bael fruit is good even for diabetics because bael fruit keeps the insulin level stable and even many doctors and nutritionist recommend bael fruit for diabetics. Bael fruit has an soothing effect on the stomach due to it's high fiber content. Try to include bael fruit in the diet in moderation. Too much of bael fruit will result in an upset stomach. If you are a dibetic try to eat it as a whole fruit, instead of juicing it.
4. Bael fruit juice for hair and skin:
Bael juice is one of the best way to keep our skin and hair healthy. Try making and drinking bael juice whenever you get fresh bael fruit. When buying bael fruit make sure to buy ripe bael fruit which smells ripe and sweet. To make the juice, first cut open the fruit like you do a coconut and scoop out the flesh. Add little water to the scooped out pulp and let it soak for a few hours. Boil the required jaggery with little water and strain using a fine strainer to remove impurities and let it cool. Now squish the fruit and water mixture with your fingers and then strain using a large holed strainer, as we don't want to strain out all the fiber from the juice. Now in a blender, take the strained juice, prepared jaggery syrup, a pinch of rock salt, a pinch of roasted cumin seed powder and a pinch of fresh black pepper. Blend everything together and serve it chilled in tall glasses. This juice apart from keeping the digestion in good order also keeps the skin and hair healthy and shiny.
5. Bael fruit for diarrhea:
In many parts of india, using bael to cure diarrhea is very common. The best thing about bael fruit is it is used to cure both dysentery and constipation. Treating both constipation and dysentery depends on the ripeness of the fruit. Ripe bael fruit is used to treat constipation and unripe bael fruit is used to treat diarrhea. To make the remedy, cut a unripe fruit and scoop out the pulp of a fruit. Boil a cup of water and add the scooped out unripened pulp and boil for a few minutes till it softens, strain and drink it warm. This decoction is very good for treating diarrhea. When selecting unripened fruit for using it in the remedy, make sure not to pick very unripe fruit.
6. Bael fruit for weight loss:
Bael fruit is also ideal for including in weight loss plan as it keeps the blood sugar stable and keeps us satiated for a long time due it's high fiber content. Try taking a bael fruit as an evening or a mid morning snack and it will tide us over till lunch or dinner without snacking. Bael fruit also is amazing for digestion related problems and keeps the digestion in keep order. The main key to natural weight loss is peak digestion which can be easily attained with these amazing natural foods. But please don't over consume bael fruit, especially if you are just starting to eat it, as you might get an upset stomach.