Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh AloneYour feedback matters!
What can I do for increasing concentration on my studies and tell some tips for increasing memory. please advice?
I have a relationship since 3 years and I really devoted with my partner but he always hurt me and also he never trust me sometimes I thought to be breakup with him but I love him a lot. what should I do?
What is the difference between a psychiatrist and psychologist as both can treat depression very well. Please let ne know. Thnx.
My age is 23 year and I m student. I have a problem relating to understand any topic. I read and learn all the topics but after some weeks or months forget all. What should I do?
For e. G.I lost somebody close last year and since then feel depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
Sir, I had a breakup with my girlfriend. She cheated me. I totally broken up. I feel some changes inside me. Lot of anger inside me and even negativeness even I am not able to sleep at night please help me and suggest me.
I was a patient of depression for which my phycologists prescribed me Tab Citop 20 (1 od) with Alprox .25. I have taken the drug for about four years and gradually the medicine stopped. But yet I have to take Alprox .25 to subside anxiety. I want to know up to how much time I can take Alprox. I can't stop this drug. I request you to advise.
Hey sir /madam Am rahul with 20 years old Now a days I find that I having some sort of memory problem With in a minute everything forgetting.
Hundred times I say to my husband consult doctor for sex improvement but he didn't even harass me really need a help.
Hai I'm 21 years old I'm smoking 4- 6 cigarettes daily but I feel that I can't do any heavy work like running and gym workouts will you please give solution to quite smoking.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.