Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendra NakhareYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am suffering from very low amh 0.1 and TB in uterus (have started medicine recently). Already I am at 34 years of age. Can I be able to conceive anyway? Please advise.
Doctor prescribed krimson 35 due to pcod from 5th day of period from november. I got 5 day period in nov after completing the pack. And my december pill pack ended on 24th dec. I usually take the pill after dinner within 9-11. May be one day at nine one day at 11. But now I ve came to know it is to be taken at exact time. On 25th dec afternoon the day after I completed my pill pack. Partner rubbed unprotected genitals on my butt. As far as I remember he did not ejaculate and more over he went to toilet before the act! if precum contain sperms will it be able to fertilize if it came near my vaginal area? It was not a true vaginal intercourse. I got my period on 28-2nd. But it is said you get some spotting in pregnancy but will it continue upto 5 days? My jan pill pack ended on 21st jan if I get period these tym can I be 100% assured m not pregnant. Coz these online facts are not letting me concentrate on anything. For pregnancy you need to have vaginal intercourse. Or the act which I described is enough to make you pregnant. And is the pill effective from the first month only?
Respected Doctor, my daughter is 12 years old. Periods started for her from month before last month. The problem is periods doesn't stops. After 7 days of regular flow. It doesn't stops completely but bleeds very little everyday throughout the month and on the dates the bleeding is regular and again the same thing continues. Request you helpful suggestion.
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
1. Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
2. Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
I have pcod problem and not getting periods regularly and having hair fal constantly how could be it can solved.
Hello Doc, I have a general question, my question is: for how long a women should not get engaged in any sexual activity if she has her first time sex and in the result her hymen has broke. I mean in how much time her sore can be healed and she can get ready for the next time sex. If I can get a explained answer it will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Hello, it's been 40 days but still there's no sign of periods. I din have sex as I am still a virgin but my boyfriends penis touched my vagina but it was just for pleasure he dint insert it inside the vagina and even he is a virgin what might be the reason behind it? He wasn't using a condom. Can someone help me? I am in deep trouble and very much tensed.
Sir a girl age 20 with good health. She is taken I-pill. Can i-pill affect serious side effects to her? Can heavy withdrawal bleeding happen? Sir it is first time taken i-pill in her life. Sir please help me Quickly explain details.
Hi I am 28 weeks pregnant now. My doctor suggested to take L- Arginine, Glutathione and Proanthocyanidin Granules. I want to know why?
I am having a sex with my girlfriend without condom. And then after 2day she, s period normally done. Any chance for pregnant?
Mene ek ladki ke sath kiss or fingering kiya tha Pichle mahine but uski iss mahine periods date 10 days above ho gaya hai, kya wo sex ki wajah se ho raha hai? please tell me the ans please plz.
Sir/ma'am I had foreplay with my girlfriend, it included oral sex by both of us. But we didn't had an intercourse, my gf is scared that what if my finger has entered her vagina and got pregnant. Its been 8 days this happened. I gave her plain mifepristone tab 100mg. Shall I tel her to take the tab. N does t help? As far as I know it was safe but wat if my fingers had sperm. Her menses ar b\w 21-25th of every month. This was happened 8days back I.E on 5th of thz month.
I am 26 year old, I was married on 28 march 2015. I got pregnant in October 2016 it was my first pregnancy but ectopic, I was not aware of my pregnancy because I got my periods on 20 October. But I had a history of bleeding and pain on left side. Ectopic pregnancy diagnosis and surgery was done on the same day 6 November. My Fallopian tube ruptures so doctors removed my left Fallopian tube by laparoscopic procedure. After that I had my normal periods on 10 December. Doctor I want to confirm that can I conceive now after this month cycle. Because I am very upset after my first baby loss Thank you.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
I am having facial hair growth over chin and a little around cheeks. It started 2-3 years ago when I got some medications for my irregularities in periods. Please suggest a safe treatment for me.
My name is Lakshmmi Aparna. My age is 30, my husband age is 35. I got my periods on March 4. I am trying to conceive for almost 9 months. My health is good. My medical reports also normal. Can you suggest me any fertility medicine for conception?
A Quick Guide to Geriatric Nutrition
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Dieting Vs Fad Dieting: How can you spot the FAD?