Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendra NakhareYour feedback matters!
Can I get pregnant one week after ovulation. Even after taking emergency contraceptive (72 hours pill) within 48 hours of unprotected sex.
Hi, I am got married 3 months ago. Now, today my wife's monthly periods are 10 days late (yet not came. We can want any child now. What may be the reason of this irregularity PREGNANCY OR ANY THING ELSE. Kindly suggest what should we do ASAP. Regards, Ashok.
Sir is there any chance of pregnancy if any girl use to do sex on 12.06.17 and her last period was started on 11.05.17.
I am 23 years old I got married 6 month ago .my problem related with intercourse. When I have sex with my partner .during intercourse I feel burning in my vagina .due to this I am very upset. When we start to do it .I am very afraid that time .even my husband spend some time on foreplay .but I don't know .why this problem happen.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
- Submucosal fibroids
- Previous sterilization treatment
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Kya pregnancy mein romance or sex kar sakte hai Ya kitne time bad Isse baby par to koi problem nahi hogi please tell me.
I am 23. Suffering from heavy mensuration bleeding with clots every month since 10 years. All my reports are normal. Need help. My lower abdomen, back, legs hurts a lot. Help me.
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies are risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post-partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths.
As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through, there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
- Be aware: Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
- Enjoy foreplay: Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
- Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions: Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
- Don't go for multiple partners: Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
- Don't use sex toys: Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
- Don't try risky positions and maneuvers: Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
- Don't keep yourself ahead of her: It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not only negatively affect her mental health, but her physical health as well.
- Do not mix drugs with intimacy: Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the result of using intoxicating substance use during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My sister is having irregular periods and acne all over her face (jawline basically) and she watched a video on pcod and the symptoms were same as she is suffering with now. Now she is scared that she is suffering from pcod. Please help .
I am 25 yrs old women. I am feeling weak in evey day and my marriage life also impacting. I am working in night shift and everyday I will sleep for 9-10 hours but still I am not well. What should I do?
When I'm having intercourse I'm bleeding. But my monthly date was finished 5 days back. It often happens when having intercourse is there any problem.
Hi My period is always on time never it has com late till now. This time I have took ipill couple of days before my period (around 3-5days before) after 11 hrs of sex Will it delay my period? Does these ipill works effectively?
I am 43 year married woman and facing problem in my monthly periods. Its now 12-15 days cycle for very short period of time that too after 2-7 days of intermittent spotting. I have noticed jelly kind of thick spots. Please suggest me my line of treatment for the same. Other then wait gain I have no other problem.
Are you aware of different types of STDs and their causes? STDs are diseases which are caused by a bacterial infection. In most cases, the bacteria are transmitted when having sex. There are several STDs which commonly occur in people, primarily because of having unprotected sex.
STDs include several types of infections such as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis, viral STDs like HIB, genital herpes, genital warts and hepatitis B. The germs causing STDs are present in the semen, vaginal secretion, and saliva in some cases. They are mostly spread via vaginal, oral, or anal sex. Some STDs also occur via skin contact.
Types of STDs
Here are the most common types of STDs:
- Chlamydia: This is a bacterial infection which develops on the genital tract. It is difficult to diagnose because of no early stage symptoms. The disease occurs within three weeks of being exposed to the bacteria. Painful urination, vaginal discharge in women and pain in the lower abdomen are common symptoms.
- Gonorrhea: This bacterial infection pertains to the genital tract, and may also occur in the mouth, eyes, anus or throat. The symptoms of the disease appear within 10 days after the exposure. Thick, cloud and bloody discharge from the vagina or penis, along with painful sensation during urination are major symptoms.
- Trichomoniasis: This STD is caused due to a microscopic, single-celled parasite known as the trichomonas vaginalis. It commonly gets transmitted during sexual intercourse with an affected person. In men, this disease infects the urinary tract, without any symptoms at times. In women, it affects the vagina. The condition develops within 28 days of exposure. Mild irritation and severe inflammation are experienced. A clear white, greenish or yellowish vaginal discharge and discharge from the penis in men are indicated.
- HIV: HIV is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus. HIV is a fatal condition which disrupts the body’s immune system, or the ability to fight against fungi and bacteria which cause illness. It leads to AIDS, which is a chronic, life threatening health condition. Usually, no early symptoms are experienced. Some people may develop an illness similar to flu, within two to six weeks of getting infected. A screening test for HIV is essential for proper diagnosis of the condition.
Genital herpes is another common type of STD which is caused by a certain form of herpes simplex virus or HSV. This enters the body via small breaks in the mucous or skin membrane. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.