Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RajekarYour feedback matters!
Hi Stool report physical. Brownish. Semi solid mucus present blood nil Microscopic. Pus cell 5-6 jpg Does it indicate parasitic infestation ie worms ect.
Hi, I have gas trouble, every morning I feel like my was stone, can please suggest any for same. Thank you.
My 3 years old sister suffering from Diarrhea doctor said to avoid rice and milk she is hungry what we should give her to eat please tell me soon and also tell me up to what stage we should avoid rice and milk please tell me soon.
Dear sir mujhe gas or kabj ke problem hi mera pet kabhi clear nahi hota hi or pet me gas bhari rahti hi eska koi permanent solution bataye plz.
I suffer from IBS and this prevents from me having a lot of different food items. Can you specifically name a few things that I should avoid? And what can be taken as an alternative to these foods? Can IBS be properly cured with medications?
Im having gastric trouble alot. My stomach bloats. It becomes big. I feel gas present in my chest. I feel like vomit sometimes. What to do to get rid of gas. And I have done medical tests everything are normal. I have regular periods. But psychologically im disturbed alot help me.
I had food poisoning 5 days back n I consulted a doctor and took medicines it's fine now but I don't know why I'm feeling thirsty within 5 to 6 minutes, due to which I don't feel like eating because I drink a lot of water. I stay in Hyderabad and it is too hot here also I play lot of sports. Pls help me to know the problem.
My friend a suffering from gastrolgia and indigestion and palpitations some times he became so weak and there is no response from medicine sir please help and advice him a better treatment. Thank you.
I am 25 years old student. I have digestive problems. Can you please suggest me some good medicine. Thank you for your time.
I have taken medicine as I have blocked digestion. Today when I go to latrine, I got latrine with white snake very small in size they are roaming around in latrine. I have also have little fever around my stomach. Please reply soon.
My wife is patient of ulcerative colitis but now under reemission as evident from recent biopsy results. She is now having fistula ano. Is surgery advisable or any other treatment. Pl advise.
I am suffering from fistula above anal since 1 year. What are the remedies should be taken to overcome this problem for lifetime without operation.
I hav gastric problem,i wont fell hungry at lunch and dinner times. I m loosing my weight nowadays. What problem is that?
Is food poisoning related to intestine or stomach. And weather it is caused because of the rood side stuffs we eat or the food that is prepared in our home.
Is eating food with red chilly powder harmful to our body who have frequent bloating and no burning sensation in stomach?
I am 42 years old, last year I have suffered from pancreas problem. I want to know the main causes of this disease and what is the precautions of this disease.
I hv diagnosed as General anxiety disorder almost 3 months ego. Right now i'm taking pari cr plus 12.5 daily one tablet. Side by side i'm taking herbal product (supragya) for the same reason. I was on rest earlier and joined office a month ago. The most issue I faced these days is bloating in my stomach. My abdomen always feel fuller whatever I eat and produces gas too much. Also I feel down throughout the day and numbness in my feet. Please suggest to overcome the problem. Is it related to the side effects of the med. Also advice if it safe to take chamomile tea at the same time continuing my medicines.
The human body with its multiple organs is a highly complicated structure and one or more organs often malfunction for various reasons. However, for some, no reasons are identified for this problem. One such is irritable bowel syndrome or IBS as it is commonly referred to.
It is a common disorder affecting the large intestine leading to alternate bouts of diarrhea and constipation, abdominal cramps and a feeling of fullness. It is common in people younger than 45 years of age, affects women more than men, and though the exact reason is not known, the following are attributed.
1. Signal issues between the brain and intestines: For various or even unknown reasons, the brain may not be able to send the right signal to the stomach to process food, making the stomach to be hyperactive and have an increased sense of pain or sensitivity or discomfort. Neurotransmitters, which are chemicals responsible for sending signals to various organs also could be involved.
2. Hormonal connection: Menstrual periods tend to aggravate symptoms of IBS, while postmenopausal women are largely free of IBS symptoms.
3. Genetics: People with a family history of IBS are more likely to develop IBS too.
4. Aggravating foods: Foods rich in carbohydrates, spicy foods, fatty foods, caffeine and alcohol aggravate IBS symptoms. Ability to absorb sugar could be a cause too.
5. Infections: Some people with IBS have certain bacteria identified in their gut which produces excessive gas and this could lead to altered bowel movements.
6. GI Motility Issues: Alterations in the way the food passes through the stomach can lead to either constipation (slow movement) or diarrhea (quicker movement). There could also be spasms and contractions after eating, especially if the stress levels are high.
7. Psychological issues: Panic disorder, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder are common in IBS patients. It is possible that they are not able to express their psychological stress, it manifests as physical symptoms. Stress increases symptoms of IBS and vice versa.
1. Manage stress: Meditation, yoga, support groups, medication and even hypnosis in severely stressed people helps control stress, providing great relief in IBS symptoms.
2. Lifestyle changes: Reduce alcohol and smoking
3. Dietary changes: Avoid aggravating foods, increase the amount of fiber if you have diarrhea and space out meals to avoid intestinal overload
4. Herbal remedies: Probiotics, peppermint oil and a variety of herbal medicines are available.
5. Symptomatic medications: Based on presenting symptoms, different medications including antibiotics for infections and motility drugs can be used. Anti anxiety and antidepressants are also prescribed to manage the psychological issues.
In terms of causes, symptoms, or treatment, IBS requires a very individualized approach and your doctor is the right person to discuss this with and decide. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.