Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev PatwardhanYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old man. My knee makes some sound while folding or stretching my leg. Sometimes there is little pain in it is there any problem.
ABOUT 3 MONTHS BACK MY WIFE, AGED 38 YRS. 5'2" HT. & 73 KGS., THYROID PATIENT, FELL ON HER RT. KNEE DUE TO SLIP FROM UNEVEN FLOORING. FRACTURE OF ANY BONE IS OVERRULED BY X-RAYS. STILL SHE IS SUFFERING WITH SEVERE RADIATING PAIN DOWN TO ANKLE AND UPTO HIP. SHE COULD NOT TAKE MACH REST AS SHE WORKS AS LECTURER IN A COLLEGE MOVING FROM GROUND TO 3 OR 4 FLOORS BY STAIRS. NOW SHE IS SUFFERING WITH UNBEARABLE PAIN IN TOE TO HIP AND NOT EVEN ABLE TO SLEEP PROPERLY. NOW UNABLE TO DO ANY EXERCISE DUE TO PAIN, DUE TO WHICH SHE IS PUTTING UP MORE WEIGHT. ANY NEUROLOGIST MAY KINDLY GIVE A SUGGESTION, WHAT TO DO.
Im 40 years old lady. And im suffering from leg pain. In night time it will become more painful. I consulted many doctors but no use. Can you suggest me that which type of food I have to take and what precaution I can do for this leg pain?
My thyroid level is 10.43 just wanted to check for the medication. I have pain in my calf muscles due to it.
Hi I am 31 years old men, having diabetes and taking supplements, now its 102 (F) and 130 (PP). But I have right shoulder pain for the 10 days for whole days. Is this related to diabetes?
4 years back I took surgery for disc bulge, presently I am having some pain in buttocks, back thies and in leg of my left of body, please suggest me to avoid this type of pains ?
I am 18 year old . My mum from now onwards suffering from back ache and shoulder pain . I can't see her like this .Its really not good .so please provide me a better solution for this.
I am suffering from back and neck pains. For the past one month. Can spending huge time on riding bike can be the cause.
I am 32 years age and I am suffering from legs swelling. I use to work in night shifts and sit for 13 hours on chair.
Hlo sir. Namaskar mai dehradun m rehta hu sir mjhe pichle 4 saalo se left side m pain rehta h. Jiski wajh se m bahut preshan hu. M 1 shop p kaam krta hu to mjhe sbse zyada problm khde hone m hoti h q ki m jese hi koi kaam krta hu to mere sirf left leg m pain hona shuru ho jata h isi wajh se mne joote pehn ne bhi bnd kr diye h q ki jute phnty hi mre left leg m ek dam drd shuru ho jata h main 2 ghnte b mushkil se kaam ni kr pata isi trh mere haat m b drd hota h or left side m sir m bhi hota h or ankh m b halka halka rhta h ye sari probln left side m hi hoti h or mene (m. R. I) or (c. T. Scane) or (naso ka test) khoon test sb kra chuka hu doctor ne sb kuch normal btaya h. Sir mjhe to lgta h meri zindagi hi khatm ho gyi h mne kafi medison bhi khayi h pichly kayi saalo s mne dawaai continue khai h pr abi mne bnd kr di please meri hlp krain.
I am 25 years old and someday I am having backache in upper region and gradually it slows down. What could be the reason?
I'm 28 years old female, I get fractured my right elbow before nine months radial head fracture, still I'm not able to stretch and flex my hand properly not having any trouble in doing work but it's too painful when in trying to stretch it, 30 degree loss in extension and 0 degree in flexion having my MRI and CT scan report.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.