Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev ChaudhariYour feedback matters!
I have a wide vagina, can insert 3 fingers horizontally and it is difficult to feel my partner during penetration, I would like to know that with the given condition if someone fingers me or assaults me while I am asleep, will I get to know?
I have problem of white discharge though not that much but quite regular .what can be the remedies to cure?
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had done sex for 10 times with a married women who had a child of 03 years. Whether ill suffer from any STD. Please help me with this.
My wife was pregnant 8 weeks, but no fetus node occurs, no increase in fetus size just 10 mm today, dr.proceed for D&c and complete procedure. If the Dr. Do best or not. What are the precautions in next some days so that her health can improve also we want to proceed for tubactomy ,after how many days we can proceed for this. During this period of operation please tell me about safety of sex.
I am trying to conceive till 1 yr. My Dr. ask me to do IUI test. Can this process works to conceive and how many chances of get pregnant after iui? Please answer this question soon its urgent.
What is the reason behind having irregular periods? Sometimes its getting 2 months gap. I do not have any other problem in my body. Is it due to lack of nutrition? Or body weight? N whats the solution for that?
Please give your valuable opinion. Problem: July month period on 13th June was light (First day normal, second and third day light), immediately checked for urine pregnancy test, Its negative check on 20th and 21st june. August month period supposed to come on 13 july didn't come yet, waiting for period, checked urine pregnancy test, its negative. Checked on 10th august its negative, checked on 25th august same urine test its negative. NO symptoms of vomiting, nausea, headache, no frequent urine, no tender breast, no morning sickness. I was stressed in june july, not sure if it has the effect. Any solution?
My wife is pregnant 12 week Normally 4th to 6 the month are safe for sex So I want to know, in this sex moment sperm going in her vagina is better or not for normal delivery? Or there is any problems with sperm and womb connection? Or using condom better for normal delivery? (Before 5 month we lost our 6 week baby due to normal reason)
Sudden stabbing pain in vagina which I feel like contraction of muscles. It lasts only for few seconds. But feel like I can't move. These days I'm also feeling pain in right abdomen. Generally some times my periods are irregular with a gap of 2 months. Some times they are regular. May I know the reason for such sharp pain in vagina which occurs at least once in a day. I'm 24 and female. Please help me out of this.
When I was 13 and a half years old I got puberty which was long so I was scanned and found cysts in my uterus and 5 months later there was a sudden increase in weight and found I had hormonal imbalance and some what it was cured. After 6 months I had normal periods which right now has been delayed. For the past 2 months I didn't get my period and I have continued white discharge. I am so fat and I am 78 kgs (I think I have some deficiency)
Hi I delivered baby 5 weeks ago and lochia also stopped we do love with cloths on after that bleeding started and my abdomen is cramping like period pain. Please suggest me what to do? Thank you.
My one year baby is not eating anything these days. He only loves to drink water. Even he don't like milk, very low quantity of milk he take. Normally he ate everything. I think it's all due to this summer season. Still m worried about his health. What should I do? What should I offer him to eat that he will like.
Benefits of foods by colour
Did you know that foods can be divided into categories based on their colours and each category has a collective set of health benefits? this not only makes foods interesting, but also helps remember which food is good for which health aspect.
Foods are broadly divided into six categories based on their colors.
- White - these foods assist in immune support. Garlic, onions, white beans, potatoes, mushrooms and cauliflower fall under this category. While garlic & onions help reduce the risk of cancer in stomach, colon & rectum, white beans & potatoes help lower blood cholesterol levels. Mushrooms are known to provide the important nutrients and cauliflower contains antioxidants & is also beneficial for women who are pregnant.
- Green -these foods assist in detoxification. Peas, spinach, green beans, capsicums, kiwi, and green tea are some green foods that we can consume. They are good for your health, provide the required nutrients and also assist in detox.
- Yellow - these foods assist in beauty. Banana, yellow capsicum, squash, corn and bananas are some of the yellow foods that we eat. They are full of carotenoids and bioflavonoids which all help maintain our skin, bone and teeth health.
- Orange - these foods assist in cancer prevention. Carrots, oranges, etc are some orange foods that we eat. They are good for the heart, protect our eyes and also boost our immune system.
- Red - these foods support better heart health. They are packed with antioxidants and vitamins. Red chillies, red capsicum, cherries and tomatoes, apples, etc are some red foods that we eat.
- Purple - these foods assist in longevity. Few purple foods that we eat are onions, blackberries, grapes, etc. They fight ulcer, help kill cancer, prevent urinary tract infection and are good for the heart & the liver.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Dear sir, I have fibroid size 11 cms. Gynec gave me medicine ulipristal acetate called" esmya" for 3 months (jan to march 2015) to stop blood supply & shrink fibroid and cure anemia hb was 5.5. My hb is now normal at 13. But not had my periods from february. Also the fibroid shrink only 1 cm. Now doctor wants to surgery" uterine artery embolization" which can cause reaction to procedure & permanently cause menopause. Big risk. I am 32 years, unmarried and want to have children. Please help.
If masturbation is done daily will it be harmful in pregnancy and will it not help to keep the women pregnant. Please advise.
My wife's vagina doesn't get lubricated even when exited. We tried lubricant but we can't make intercourse as she has pain in her vagina when I try to insert fingers. What should we do to make first intercourse without taking alopathic medicines?
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Makes your heart healthier
Studies have shown that as the frequency of orgasms increases over a period of time, the risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack reduces drastically. During the activity, the most intense moment are equivalent to walking approximately 8 kilometers per hour.
Researchers have found out that having regular sex reduces stress and is similar to the effects of having a sweet, sugary chocolate bar, but lasts for a much longer time than you would think.
Improves sleep patterns
Post- coital sleep after a satisfying session of lovemaking is known to be refreshing, although the exact reason or science behind it is not yet known. Yet as per some studies, oxytocin which is released in the body post-orgasm has relaxing and sleep-inducing properties.
Makes you look younger
Regular coitus enhances anti-ageing properties and studies have shown that older men and women look at least 5 to 7 years younger if they are sexually active.
It is a fertility booster
Female hormones are better balanced after frequent sexual activity and also regulates periods, which in turn improves chance of conceiving a baby. With males, the sperm quality is enhanced due to regular sex.
Fortifies your body against diseases
Dhea a natural steroid released in the body during sex is known to increase body fitness levels and prevents various diseases too.
Keeps flu and colds away
Immunoglobulin is an antibody that protects against cold and flu and is found in abundance in individuals who have sex more than once a week.
Improves your mood!
Neurotransmitter released during sex improves your mood to a considerable extent.
Gives you a healthy glow
By flushing out the toxins via sweating.
Burns those extra calories
In a pleasurable way!