Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raj KarwaYour feedback matters!
The post-partum period is the first few (usually six) weeks after delivering the baby. Sex might be the last thing you think of during this time. Sexual desires might decrease due to the following:
- Healing from the incision (in case of a vaginal delivery)
- Cesarean birth healing (abdominal incisions)
- Fatigue caused by the whole birthing process and pregnancy
- Stress caused by the newly born baby (especially more so in case of triplets or twins)
- Shifts in the hormonal levels
- Breastfeeding related breast sores
- Emotional difficulties such as parenting anxiety, relationship problems with the baby’s father
- Postpartum blues
After the incision (if any) has fully healed along with the delicate vaginal tissues, it is generally safer to have intercourse. It might take a few weeks for the healing process to fully complete. The doctor will be able to give a more personal advice on when it is ok to start having sex again. Usually in case of a normal delivery, the waiting period is 6 weeks. The emotional readiness and physical comfort is extremely important as well. In a lot of cases it might take up to a year for normal sex life of the couple to resume again.
Also, there is a common misconception amongst many couples that during the postpartum period, having a baby again isn’t possible. Condoms should be used if you aren’t abstaining from sex in the postpartum period. This helps in avoiding an unplanned pregnancy and the complications that can arise from two successive deliveries.
The body goes through a lot of changes after giving birth. Low libido affects the sex drive. The body needs time to recuperate and might not be ready for sex immediately after giving birth as it switches itself to give care for the new born. A break is often necessary as the body and mind heal.
Vaginal dryness in the postpartum weeks is also very common. Lube and lots of it can help. The vagina, in the initial weeks, stretches out quite a bit. It slowly starts returning to its original contracted state as the muscles become tight again.
It’s also important to remember that you can be intimate with your partner after you give birth to a baby, without having sex. Body contact and cuddles are ways of expressing your affection towards your partner. Love doesn’t need to be dependent on sex! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 29 year old recently diagnose with two fibroid in uterus of 3 cm in growth. I married eight months ago. Is there any treatment to shrink fibroid.
My wife is 8 weeks pregnant. She is 51 kg and 25 years old. She is not interested to eat anything. What should be the best diet to have? Please consult me some good foods for a healthy baby?
My mom is 51 year old and she had done her ferritin, serum test. So I am providing the report i. E, 51.30 ng/ml bio ref interval- (10.00-291.00). Can you please let me know is it fine or not.
As physiotherapist, we recommend that you carry out physical movements worth 60 minutes everyday to maintain your physical health.
6 must-have foods during your first trimester
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I use to face some irritation in my vagina. I've been facing this from 2 month. For the first I'm facing this problem ,kind of burning sensation whenever I go toilet. One day I just went to bar drink 3 beers and ate chicken and drank very little water that since we were out the whole day when I returned home. I started feeling some burning irritation. Next day I traveled for 8 in bus. And there was low water consumption. The moment I went to toilet as I reached. I literally felt that my vagina is burning. It's been 2 months. And sometimes when I don't drink tonns of water. I start to burning vagina. Pls help.
Is it mandatory for all women to have construction and compilation during orgasm or is it to enjoy a sex. My b.f told me that I don't get orgasm as he don't feel any construction in my pussy even after an hr of sex. Kindly help.
Sir/Madam, My girlfriends period was started 26th August & Finished 1st October. We make intercourse on 3rd October without protection, But this month her period till now not start. Which should be start on 26th October. Her period was come regular monthly cycle before this. What Should I do? Please answer me as soon as possible. I'm very tensed. Please advise me quickly. Today is 30th October.
I am 19 yr old female. I am suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome. What diet shall I maintain in order to avoid further health complications?
Hello sir, I m 20 years old. My problem is that my sister's period coming late every month like as in previous month her period coming 18 date bt this month her period not come at that date what problem may possible? This problem with her from 2 months, before 2 months her period come at 15 date bt next months her period come 18 date but this month her period not come 15 or 18 date. My sister is 22 year's old. Sir please give me solution.
Hello, I and my partner have intercourse on 13 June, 1 Pm, but due to some reason protection failed, so because of fear she took ipill on 14 June, 9 AM, her period r regular on 22 but as today is 22 ipill is showing no reaction, her period does not come today I know we should wait but is there any chances of pregnancy after taking ipill within 20 hrs - - please tell I am worried please And I have calculated about safe period so does it make chances less.
My 2 and 1/2 year daughter has mild yellowish vaginal discharge (on off) from the last 3 months and her labia is sticky. One doctor prescribed taxim-o-forte and another doctor prescribed cefolac 100. Are they both same?
I am a 23 year old newly married women. I have itching in my vagina and for last 4-5 days. What should I do??
Which one is far safe drug Nicardia retard or depin during pregnancy? Is it safe to give depin instead amdopa? Or Nicardia?
I am 24 years female. This month my periods are 4 days late and then heavy bleeding since 12 days and stomach pain also. Is there any tablet to stop bleeding flow. Please suggest me what should I do?
I feel tired almost all the time in day and get irregular mensuration with pain in prior and first 2 days. Please advice.
I am 35 year old.. Can I get pregnant when my fsh level is 40. I Want to conceive naturally. Please suggest.. Thank and looking forward for any response.
With many technological advances, our attention span has decreased drastically from what it used to be. We spend significantly more time glued to our screens and have an increased amount of stimuli from the environment. This results in our focus constantly shifting.
Your memory capacity on the other hand is limitless. The human brain has the ability to store more than 1 quadrillion pieces of data. This is only the average amount of data being recorded throughout our lives and 99% of the information from our environment gets discarded.
Here are some ways in which you can improve your memory and attention:
Regular exercise helps supply oxygen to the brain which can help reduce the risk of memory loss and other related problems.
Getting enough sleep:
It is said that the average adult needs 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Even one hour less can reduce problem solving skills, memory and creativity.
The phrase “laughter is the best medicine” doesn’t only hold true for physical ailments but also helps in improving memory. It helps people think more broadly and connect ideas more freely.
The power of music:
Numerous studies show that listening to music without lyrics helps increase your ability to focus. Music has proven to be very calming and soothing for people. This very quality is what helps boost your concentration and focus.
Stressors act as a magnet and pulls away our concentration. A way to rectify this is to “clean up” your mind. Get rid of all the stressors by taking a few deep breaths before you start your work. This will help you concentrate and focus on your desired task for longer periods of time.
Test your attention span:
Cut out newspaper articles with three paragraphs. Cross out the any one vowel in the article.
If you have skipped letters in the first paragraph – attention span dips at the beginning.
If you skip letters in the second paragraph (and not in first or third) – attention is lost halfway and returns slowly.
If you skip letters in the second paragraph and in the third – you have a short attention span and other activities along with this must be conducted regularly to increase it.
If you skip letters in the third paragraph – attention span decreases towards the end.
This activity can be done often to check improvement in attention span.