Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raj KarwaYour feedback matters!
Kindly suggest a effective pill to get rid of unwanted pregnancy please i have submitted the question desperately waiting for the answer
I have aa loosen vagina. How can I tight my vagina easily in a week. Please help me in detail to tighten it as like a virgin girl.
Poor sex education and awareness can lead to pregnancy in the teenage years, which continues to be a problem that affects almost all countries. In fact, USA is the leader in teen pregnancy with most cases. As per records, about 35% of the girls get pregnant at least once before they reach 20 years of age.
This is a problem for the mother and for the child and is a social menace. Read on to understand a little more on how it affects both.
How it affects the mother?
- Teenage pregnancy is a result of negligence and poor awareness in most cases. The chances of habits like smoking, alcohol abuse and drug abuse are quite high in these mothers, which have adverse effects on the fetus during pregnancy. This also means their responsibility in terms of sufficient prenatal care, nutrition, and overall care for themselves and the child would not be optimal.
- Higher rates of maternal death: If girls who are less than 15 years of age get pregnant, the death rate is quite high. In addition, there is also poor weight gain, anemia, pregnancy-induced hypertension, STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). All these can have an effect on the child including low birth weight, vital organ malformations, congenital disorders, respiratory distress, and very high levels of infant mortality.
- With the added responsibility of the child, the chances that the teenager would go to school after childbirth and complete education and look into employment are also reduced drastically.
- Very often, teenage mothers also tend to remain single, as the child is usually born out-of-wedlock and is a result of negligence.
- The chances of having children later in life is also reduced, given all the changes that she goes through early on in life.
How it affects the child?
- As a corollary to the effects on the mother, the first effects include low birth weight, malformation of vital organs, inadequate healthcare, and even very high rates of infant mortality in the first year of life.
- Other medical conditions like chronic respiratory problems, mental retardation, cerebral palsy, and blindness are very common.
- There could also be developmental issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other
- Given the social circumstances in which they are born, they are more exposed to early motherhood, single parenthood, broken marriages. This affects the regular parenting care that they receive resulting in improper nutrition and healthcare.
- Again, the poor social set-up also does not ensure sufficient education opportunities for the child. They may also get into child labor and become easy prey to neglect and abuse.
- The chances of girls born to teenage mothers themselves becoming teenage mothers is also quite high, leading to a vicious cycle.
Most countries are trying to fight this social menace by involving families, schools, and healthcare professionals, and running social campaigns and programs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My friend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend on 27th August and she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After 4 days I.e. On 1 september she started bleeding which continued till 4th September. Then she did home 4 urine pregnancy test after 21 days of intercourse, 28 days, 35 days and 42 days of intercourse. All the test came NEGATIVE. She did a beta hcg test on 18th October which was 51 days after intercourse. The result was <1.2miU/mL. Then after 5 days i.e. On 23 October she started bleeding which continued till 29th October. Last month also she bleed from 23 November to 29th November. Now I read on the internet that there is some breakthrough bleeding. So is it the same bleeding or actual periods?
Today, most people’s perception of a beautiful woman is a tall, slim, fair skinned woman. However, not everyone is built with such a physique but still have a beauty of their own. As they say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and if you think you are beautiful then that confidence will indeed give you the grace and elegance to be noticed. Sadly, we tend to focus more on the social perception of beauty and tend to find faults with ourselves as we try to fit into that mould. These constant negative thoughts lead to the development of emotions that range from discontentment to depression and hence are extremely unhealthy. Here are a few tips to help break out of this negative cycle:
Look Out For Thinking Errors- Most people with a negative self-image tend to think along a few common lines. Recognise these thinking errors and try avoiding them to build a more positive self-image. This includes thinking only in extremes, magnifying things, turning emotions into reasons etc. Realise that thinking negatively makes it more difficult for you to achieve your goals or what you want out of life. Recognising these patterns is the first step towards accepting yourself and building your self-confidence.
Stop Making Comparisons- From early childhood, we begin comparing ourselves with others. As we get older, we compare our self-image with what we see on magazine covers and billboards. Even though we know they have been digitally enhanced, we still aspire to look like them. However, each person’s physique is different and it is not possible for everyone to look like a model.
Recognise Your Strengths- You may have heavy hips but at the same time, you also may have beautiful eyes. Focus on the parts of your body that you love and each time you find yourself complaining about your self-image, remind yourself of these parts. Be grateful for what you have instead of sinking into a victim syndrome.
- Look Out For Triggers- Find out what triggers negative thoughts in you and stay away from them for a while. For some people, this may be in the form of magazines while for others it may be certain TV shows or even the company they keep. Surround yourself with positive imagery and positive people who will support you and uplift you instead of simply sympathising with you and letting you believe that you are a victim. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I m 30 years old i am pregnant for 5 week 3 days before 2 days bleeding start immediately please advise wat I do?
I am consulting a doctor for getting pregnant, he prescribed me to take diane 35 from d 5th day of my period. Is this medicine appropriate? as I read that it is a contraceptive pill.
Hi, I am 15th day from LMP. My left ovary is 20 mm & Doctor given me the injection on 14th day to rupture the egg .but still it was not rupture yet. Kindly suggest me how it will rupture naturally or medically.
Me and girlfriend we didn't have sex but I have a doubt I touched my penis to her vagina But I didn't cum there I cummed on her stomach is there any chance of pregnancy.
I am 18 years old female. I have rashes on my private areas (back). I used candid b cream but d rashes reappeared always how can I get rid of dis?
Okay, you are now going to the gym. So, you stack up your kitchen with all the possible supplements that your friend or gym instructor or the expert on some teleshopping show have advised you.
But, where's the real food?" It's not that most people gyming are not eating home food but most are taking in lots of calories and nutrients in the form of energy bars, nutrient-enhanced drinks, and fortified packaged foods. Actually, "real" foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats—are better for you than fortified products.
That's because there's more to a chikki or a sweet potato than just a protein bar or carb drink. Within the body, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients work together with literally thousands of other compounds, such as color components in fruits and vegetables, special starches and fibers in whole grains, and unique fats in seeds, nuts, and dairy. And it's the whole package that promotes good health and peak performance in the gym or any other sports. Of course, protein bars and shakes seem like a convenient way to take in all nutrients at one go without the hard work of preparing it. But getting these nutrients—and more—from real food is not difficult.
The need for supplementation should not surpass the intake of real foods. Remember, no supplement will work in isolation. For you to achieve the best from it also needs the best of a healthy diet.
Look for some easy ways in the part two of this topic, and your body will get everything it needs for better health and better performance in the sport you are into.
I have taken unwanted 72 before 3 days still I have no bleeding is it possibility to get pregnant? After taking this I have secret a water like substance after a day.
Women do not normally visit a gynaecologist, until they are suffering from any problem. Visiting a gynaecologist at regular intervals is important for good health.
Following are the 4 common reasons to visit a gynaecologist:
- Itchy vagina - Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
- Painful sex - Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- Lump in your breast - A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
- Considerable bleeding during periods - If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it's a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend and she is not getting her periods even after 4 months. She took a pregnancy test 4 weeks after we had sex and it was negative. But she took tablet to get her periods before taking the test. Will it affect the test result? She says she has no signs of pregnancy.
I have done intercourse with protection on 21st day after period with my wife. I am sure that condom got tear out. Now we fear that it will result in conception. I have one baby and do not want unplanned baby now. Pls suggest what to do. Can I take deviry tablet to avoid pregnancy. Pls suggest dose.
Gsac measures 28. 7 mm to 7 weeks. Yeh abnormal pregnancy hai kya? What should be the size of sac at 7 weeks.
With cosmetic surgery, today, it is possible to reshape the contours of your face anyway you like. Rhinoplasty is one of the most common types of cosmetic surgeries. This is a surgery to restructure the shape and size of your nose. This procedure can be done under local or general anesthesia. Depending on the amount of restructuring needed, the surgery can be performed as an outpatient procedure or may require an overnight stay at the hospital.
To change the structure of the nose, the surgeon makes an incision on the nose to access the bones and cartilage. This incision can be made inside the nose to keep the scar from being visible after surgery. Depending on how the nose is to be structured, bone and cartilage may be removed or tissue from another part of the body may be added. Once this is done, skin and tissue is re-draped over the bone structure. A splint is added outside the nose to support it while it heals.
This splint and internal dressings remain in place for about a week. The area around your nose and eyes will also feel swollen and appear bruised. This swelling and bruising will take at least a fortnight to subside. The swelling may make your nose feel congested and cause slight bleeding and drainage of mucus. Cold compresses and pain medication can help relieve the discomfort.
Here are a few other tips to help speed up the healing process:
- Keep your head elevated and relatively still for a few days after the surgery
- Take bucket baths instead of showers while the nose is bandaged
- Avoid blowing your nose
- Avoid making extreme facial expressions
- Limit movement of the upper lip by brushing your teeth gently
- Eat fiber rich foods to avoid constipation
- Avoid wearing clothes that need to be pulled over your head and instead wear front closing clothes
- Avoid strenuous activities like aerobics and jogging
- Do not wear sunglasses or spectacles that put pressure on your nose for at least a month
- Protect your nose from the sun by using sunscreen whenever outdoors
- Limit your salt intake
To be completely satisfied with the results of your rhinoplasty surgery, will require patience. It can take a few months for the cartilage and tissues to settle into place. It is also necessary for you and your doctor to be aligned as to the kind of correction needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.