Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rahul Shinde
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul ShindeYour feedback matters!
Gd mrng sir/madam. I think a small bone is growing at my left wrist joint, It is somewhat painful. I want to know what is it, is it a bone or a ganglion, And what are its effects, and what is the treatment for it.
Mere पीठ मे दाहिने तरफ एक ही जगह बहुत तेज दर्द है। pichle 3 week se. Kaun se doctor se dhikhaye. Pls suggest.
I have stiff neck problem or may be a whiplash. This often occurs once in 1-2 months (same problem).
Now a days my body is paining badly, sometimes my back sometimes neck sometimes foot sometimes shoulders sometimes eyes sometimes ears and tooth and sometimes my legs and also sometimes head aches. Why is this happening, what should I do?
I am 52 years old. I am a contractor and buy with my construction work. Unfortunately from last 1 year I am suffering from osteoarthritis. I am having pain below my right knee. I can't walk for long distances because I get pain below my knee. Six months before I started to take parijata devotion daily in the morning for 45 days. After that the pain reduced to some extent but not completely. Kindly advise what I have to do to get rid of the pain completely. Thank you.
Wrist pain hand Not getting reduce I had tuk many medicines Thn too its not working . Suggest me plz.
I am having pain in lower back, cervical, it moves down to calf, knee and meta tarsal. 6 years I had injury, breaking my meta tarsal, since than pain started. I had shown to at least 20 to 25 Dr, but they only keep me on pain killer. Can anybody help me. I have mri, xray done, negative results for peta scan, h*** test, I am just tired of showing it to drs, it's been 6 years & now entire left body of section has a pain.
My leg was injured few days before by falling on the playground. It is paining now too. What should I do?
Are you suffering from arthritis and looking for effective treatment options? Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease that causes damage to your joints and connective tissues. The knee is primarily affected by this condition and there are three main forms of arthritis which occur in your knees. There are several treatment options and procedures for treating arthritis. They are as follows:
Several medications are used for arthritis treatment. They are:
- Analgesics: These medicines help in pain reduction but do not heal inflammation.
- NSAIDS: NSAIDS or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used for reducing inflammation and pain as a result of arthritis.
- Counter-irritants: These include creams and ointments containing capsaicin or menthol. Applying these creams on the skin helps with pain relief.
- DMARDS: Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used in case of rheumatoid arthritis. These help in slowing down your immune system from targeting your joints.
- Corticosteroids: This form of medicine includes cortisone and prednisone and helps in reducing inflammation and suppressing your immune system. These can be injected into your joint or taken orally.
Physical therapy is beneficial for certain types of arthritis. Exercising helps in improving your range of motion, and the strength of your muscles which surrounds the affected joint. Splints and braces are prescribed in some cases.
- Joint repair: In some cases, the surface of your joints can be realigned and smoothened in order to improve function and eliminate pain. These surgeries are arthroscopically performed via incisions made on the joint.
- Joint replacement: During this surgery, your damaged joint gets removed and replaced with an artificial joint. The hip and knee joints are commonly replaced surgically.
- Joint fusion: This surgical procedure is used in case of smaller joints of your body. The ends of the two bones in your joint are removed and the removed ends are locked together till they heal into one unit.
Alternative treatment options
You can also opt for certain alternative remedies for arthritis. Some of them are as follows:
- Acupuncture: In this therapy, fine needles are inserted at certain points on your skin for reducing arthritis pain.
- Yoga and tai chi: The movements associated with yoga and tai chi are slow and stretching in nature. These help in improving joint flexibility. Your range of motion gets improved as well.
Light massages which involve stroking and kneading of your muscles help in increasing blood flow. This warms up the affected joints, providing temporary relief from arthritis pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.