Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul R PatilYour feedback matters!
Someone in my friend circle has advised me to take Omega-3 300 mg capsules since my blood tests have indicated some high cholesterol (in the range of 250. I have checked in the market and I am getting 1000 mg capsules. Pl advise if I can take 1000 mg capsules and what should be the dosage and for how long's shud I take them. Are there any side effects of these capsules.
I am suffering from Hypothyroidism, hypertension, fatty liver and a bit high cholesterol. The test report dated 13.04. 2016 is as under: FT3: 3.26, FT4: 1.17, TSH: 0.183, TRIGLYCERIDES: 195, cholesterol: 200, HDL: 40, LDL: 121, VLDL: 39. I am taking Telma 40 and Electroxin 75 mg. Incidentally I had been to apollo Pharmacy and purchased Omega 3-6-9 (Flaxseed Oil 1000 mg. Whenever I take this medicine in night, I feel headache next day morning and a bit uneasy. Kindly guide why this is so and whether I should take this capsule further.
I am suffering from TB SINCE 2 month. I consulted doctor gave akurit tablets for 1 month but the pain in the. Chest is more so what are all home remedies and further action should be taken to cure TB.
What are the chances of a 24 year old that's 5'10 and 140 pounds having a heart attack? Also are the chances much smaller if the person above doesn't smoke.
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better.
My BP level is low sometimes that is 70/90 is it create serious problem. It is occurred for 3 times in span of 2 years. What are the precautions and problems please explain me. How to improve my BP Level.
I was suffering from high bp and started taking medication however ever since I am having problems in erection Cn the medication be reason for that What is the solution?
Sir, I don't, know what I am suffering from, I had a chest pain last month so I got contacted with a cardiologist he suggested to undergo some test, my ECG was good, TMT was 86%, but there was something found in Echo I.e I am having bicupsidal valve with mild regurgitation and with LV Ejection Fraction of 60%, I am also having high blood pressure and my LFT reports were OK, but still I am feeling something is happening to me i.e I am feeling sometime fatigue specially during evening time and I am feeling heavy head most of the time in a day. So please suggest what is really happening to me.
I am not able to sleep as I feel breathlessness. I am take G no medicine Telma AM .what to do ?does it relate to bp or it is related to heart.
I am 40 years old with 78 Kg. Weight (Over weight by 8 kg.) My BP remain 110/90. My doctor recommended medicine. What is the best way to reduce lower BP to 80. If I start taking medicine then I have to continue till I alive?
I hv a chest pain in d right side I took antibiotics for calf and some reciprocate problem 15 days back. After few days my chest is paining and feel irritating if I eat anything.
Hello mere left chest main kabhi kabhi pain hota rehta h I am wondering. My pbf blood test is normal please help me.
Your heart gives you warning signs before the onset of a major problem. You may not even know that you are at risk of one or more heart diseases if you fail to notice these small signs that your heart sends out. Even a minor symptom, like chest pain, can indicate that your heart may be in trouble. While there could be many causal factors for a heart condition, here some symptoms, which are possible indications of a heart disease and should not be ignored in any case.
1. Chest pain or discomfort - This symptom is the most common one, which indicates that your heart is not healthy. It usually comes in the form of a pain, pressure or tightness in the chest and may happen due to a blocked artery. This may be an early warning sign of a heart attack and you should seek professional advice before it turns into a major problem.
2. Excessive sweating - If you often sweat without any valid reason, it might be a sign to be concerned for. The sweating experienced will feel more like the one that arises due to stress rather than common perspiration experienced due to any vigorous physical activity.
3. Difficulty in breathing - Shortness of breath is an indication that you are at high risk of getting a heart attack. The symptom includes having difficulty in breathing and feels similar to the panting experienced after a long run.
4. Nausea and frequent stomach problems - If you experience nausea, heartburn, indigestion or abdominal pain frequently, it may be the result of an unhealthy heart. Of course, these signs may be due to other diseases as well, but if you experience any of the other symptoms of heart problems too, it's highly probable that your heart is in trouble.
5. Exhaustion - If you fall into the high-risk zone of being a potential heart patient, you may feel exhausted after doing some simple chores, which didn't tire you earlier. Common examples may be climbing the stairs or carrying something from your doorstep inside the house to name a few.
Related Tip: 5 Signs of an Unhealthy Heart