Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul KarandeYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old, 90 kg, 5. 8 feet heingh, slightly hypertensive, for almost a year or so I an not getting sleepvat night due to dry mouth after an hour or so. While exhaling I could feel sometimes that my breath getting stuck in the throat and comes out thru my mouth rather than nose causing dry throat and mouth.
Hi Bad Breath comes out of my mouth after eating. Why does it happen? What is the remedy? I do also have sinus allergy.
Dear sir my last teeth of both side has a hole nd it used to excrete blood nd whenever I wake up in the morning it used to stink like anything will you pleas tell some preventing method for it. Thank you.
Does drilling n filling the whole procedure of cavities filling affect the jaw and its placement or positioning in any way?
I'm 20 years old girl, My teeth are going yellow day by day, what should I do? And i'm overweight, what can I do to lose weight?
When a person root canal is going on cant we stop the pain, cant we stop those chemical changes that are emitted from non receptors so that we cant feel the pain completely.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer for tounge, back plate, upper plate and its painful, kindly suggest the remedy.
I want to get extract lower wisdom tooth for that do i need a mds dental surgen or a bds can help me.
My ortho treatment is going to end after 1 year of treatment. I was having relapse after my first treatment. That why I opt for 2nd time ortho. My two upper teeth was overlapping each other and there was class 2 malclusion and overcrowded. Now I want to know which retainer are best for me. Fixed or removable (wire or clear one) which choice will be best for me. Or should I go for both fixed on upper teeth and removable also?
I have a yellow teeth I used many variety toothpaste bt I can't remove the yellow ness of teeth what should I do.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.