Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I Am Having glasses with much number I want to make my eyes more healthy by eating habits please suggest me some nutritional food drinks medicines by which my eyes will be normal thanks in advance.
My mom have 22mm stone in left kidney. She operated twice. One open and other through urethra. And now 3rd time she have 22mm stone. Now Dr. suggest laparoscopic surgery. Is it necessary to do IVP before surgery? She is 53 yes old.
My eyes etching in every 2 days gap. If you can give me the solution to resolve it. Then I will be helpful.
Can viagra siladenfil cause permanent blindness I am taking since last 7 year around 4 to 5 tab per month 50 mg.
Hello sir. I have gone through eye routine check up for checking my eye no. Dr. have done it with few eye drops and dilute my eye fundus. And after checking my no., he told me that you have" few inferior lattice patches in right eye" What is" few inferior lattice patches in right eye? Is it serious? What care should I take? We don't have any such history in family. My no. Are:- re:- -3 - -0.75 - 30, le:- -2.75 - -1.5 - 120.
Hi my mother has retinal detachment causes. She got one operation in First week of Feb. With Vitrectomy Method putting silicon gel. Now doctor is again ask to get operation to remove Silicon Gel for eye. I want to ask does both the operation are chargeable or second is free though we have already paid for First operation. Can you tell me the approx. Cost for this operation. Thanks.
My father has a dry eye because of that his eye got punctured after treatment the doctors suggested to keep lens know he is wearing a lens but the dry eye did not get solved.
Can we cure our eyes, as I m having -ve 5 as power of specs. If there could be any way apart from using lenses or operation.
Hi. There always comes a pimple inside my eyes .once in month which is very painful What should I do show that it never comes again.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.