Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RahulYour feedback matters!
I am 16 weeks pregnant and on insulin from the very first day of my pregnancy. I am taking 10 unit in morning and 9 in evening of Human Mixtard 30. My glucose level is 102 in fasting and 115 in PP. Do I need to increase my dose of insulin or it is normal in pregnancy? Also let me know the targeted glucose level during my pregnancy. Before pregnancy I was taking isomate 500 twice after food. After delivery can I come back again in medication or I need to continue insulin rest of my life? please help.
Sir, It is my ultrasound report, just have a look and suggest me.(1) Left ureter is dilated and a calculus of 10*5 mm size seen in lower part of left ureter in left iliac Fossa region.(2) Left kidney shows one calculus of 4 mm size in lower calyx, with pelvicalyceal dilatation. Sir Now I am taking a capsule named "FLUSH" twice a day from April as per doctors advice. What can I do sir? Keep taking medicine or Operation ?Please suggest me sir I am confused about it. Thank You.
My wife suffers from asthma since long time and uses medicines prescribed by the doctor like abphylline. She gets rashes and itching blisters on body as side effects of eg. Medicine. When dermatologist says to stop using those medicines and prescribe some medicines asthma increases. should I go to homeopathy as the doctors non coordinative approach creating problem.
I am unable to sleep properly. Feeling some uneasy all day. So please help me to get out of sleeplessness.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
Obesity is rapidly evolving as a public health issue for our country and as educated people we are responsible in contributing to the ever increasing problem. So what is there that leads to weight gain despite our all effort? The simplest answer is ignorance! Most of the person who are trying hard to curb on weight gain do not succeed in doing so due to inadequate and poor gathered information. Remaining hungry is not the solution for weight loss and we need to inculcate good habits in ourselves smartly to sustain it for long time, else you will loose kilos in few months and regain much more than that .This cycle would continue until we understand the basic of healthy eating.
So the important aspect is to make consistent and slow changes in our lifestyle to sustain ideal weight.
There are few bad habits to watch for:
- Fizzy drinks: Most of fizzy drinks are full of calories and they go down easy the throat. But before we realize we make our system take in loads of calories. Try to restrict on your soft drinks and prefer other beverages like lemon juice and coconut water, both of which can be refreshing with minimal calories.
- TV watching: Eating while watching TV is something which is a very prominent cause of gaining fat. Usually while on screen we tend to forget how much we have taken in and most of time we realize this when a packet full of chips becomes empty!!
- Lack of sleep: It has been shown that due to lack of sleep our hormone cycle gets disturbed and the cortisol levels change, leading to weight gain. Second if we remain awake for long time we tend to eat more , there by gaining extra calories.
- Shopping when hungry: Research has shown that when we buy our grocery when we are hungry, you tend to buy things which are easy to grab and are high in calorie dense. Hence always have a healthy food before you go for shopping.
- Desserts: Eating something after main course often leads to high calorie food intake like ice cream, sweets. So instead of these, try to take simple deserts like lemon water, or something non caloric. Best is to avoid it completely.
- Time of meal: Most of the time we try to postpone or skip our meal, ultimately this leads to severe hunger, making us eat whatever we can grab immediately. Most of the time this is high caloric fast food. Always plan your meals and carry healthy food items with you like fruits, sandwiches.
- Fat free/ sugar free food: Fat free or sugar free foods are not calorie free food items. We should always look for the portion size and amount of calorie we are going to have.
- Lack of exercise: Not taking time out for your regular exercise makes you gain weight and also makes you lazy.
- Going out to eat: Frequent outings leads to increase in the consumption of food high in calorie, sugar and salt, leading to weight gain. Restrict your outings to not more than once or twice a month.
- Dehydration: Drink lots of water, so that you keep on flushing out harmful toxins.
So to avoid being obese eat healthy and exercise regularly.