Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul DoshiYour feedback matters!
I am 42 years old man and facing allergic cough, gas and sleeplessness and headache including piles problem and abdominal growth kindly reply me with suitable advice to overcome the same.
What are the symptoms of typhoid? And what precautions should a person take if he or she has typhoid? My wife has typhoid so I just want to know.
I am suffering from bleeding piles from last 5-6 years, I have tried everything to get cured but getting no result, please help me, My age is 29 years, height is 5'11 and weight is 62 KG.
I snore a lot. With mouth open. After waking up from sleep my throat gets dry. The sound of snoring is also different.
When I think about sex. Or see any porn movies I have pain in my testis. While I masturbate the pain may gone .I want to avoid masturbation. So please suggest me some natural ways to avoid this pain.
Hello Doctor, My problem is that after a small arousal, precum keeps on leaking in large amount please suggest me a suitable treatment.
In my throat, always there is some kind of congestion, coughing not takes place but in my nose and throat cough and congestion is always there.
I am a diabetic person I lost my sexual feeling how to improve my sexual have any medicine in the world.
Im suffering from nerve pain (pinching and shock like sensation) in my penis since last 2 years. I visited a Doctor (mbbs) and he prescribed me a medicine - nurokind gold. While treatment I feel some cure. But after some day pain returned. And once again my doctor prescribed me pregabalin. But results are same as before. Why should I do.
Due to excess masturbation since last 5 years, feeling semen loss or more weaker. So, in this condition after getting married, is there any chance to be father a child?
What is causes and consequences of fever and what medicine help in this case and what should I do in fever.
My feet and palm sweat very often irrespective of seasons please tell me what is the cause for it and suggest me the home remedy for the same
Yesterday night it was like my head is tied up with 4 heavy rocks. It was so heavy and I was feeling giddy. In the morning when I checked my bp it was low (110, 75).
COPD, which is short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is a severe form of lung disease that is characterized by increased breathlessness and obstruction of airflow from the lungs. People who are suffering from COPD are at an increased risk of developing lung cancer, heart diseases and many other conditions. It includes progressive lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, few forms of bronchiectasis and refractory (non-reversible) asthma. The former two are the most common conditions contributing to COPD.
Chronic bronchitis induces inflammation in the airway that carries air to the lungs and fills it with mucus. This either completely blocks the airway or narrows it, causing difficulty in breathing. However in emphysema, the air sacs inside the lungs which inflate and deflate as you breathe in and out, lose their elasticity due to which less air comes in and goes out leaving you breathless.
The best way to treat COPD is to quit smoking. Your doctor may also prescribe you medications or ask you to enroll in a lung rehab program.
- Smoking: Smoking is one of the most common causes of COPD. This is because smoking is known to destroy the stretchy fibers in people's lungs and irritate the airways. Even passive smoking is unhealthy. About 90% of the people having COPD are current or former smokers.
- Genetics: Some individuals suffer from COPD even after refraining from smoking. Genes might be at the helm of COPD in such a case. AATD i.e. Alpha -1 Antitrypsin Deficiency, is a protein in the lungs, the lack of which is one of the most common genetic factor causing emphysema.
- Environmental factors: Breathing in harmful pollutants present in your environment is also one of the causes of COPD. Fumes, dust or certain chemicals are a few examples of harmful lung irritants. Organic cooking fuel may also cause COPD. Exposing yourself to the aforementioned environmental factors for a prolonged period of time increases your risk of developing COPD substantially.
- Shortness of breath especially after exercising
- Tightness in your chest
- Unintended weight loss
- Lack of energy
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Cough accompanied by mucus
- Physical Exam where your doctor monitors the functioning of your lungs.
- Questioning about your past health (Smoking or other harmful lung irritants).
- Spirometry and other breathing tests.
- Chest x-rays and other tests to eliminate other problems which could be causing your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.