Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul DoshiYour feedback matters!
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 39 year old. I am not able to sleep till late night. I have started drinking alcohol for remedy the problem . What should I do for sound sleep?
My father has been having type 1 diabetes for several years. What can I do for his better treatment to control over diabetes?
I am suffering from fever after taking medicines I am OK but after some days again same condition. My mother is also suffering from leg pain and she is also taking medicine but not well yet.
I have unsteady urination and weak stream experience just started one week, and very low erection. And I noticed strong smelling urine after and an unfulfilled desire of urination my age is 56 please help me.
I have in a relationship for 6 year. Never use protection when having sex. From last year she take pill for not to get pregnant. Is it possible she had any problem when she got with someone. E.g pregnancy and any other issue.
I am a 40 year male and I am suffering from body ace and weakness for past 10 days. I consulted doctor who has prescribed some medicines and some tests like Vidal, Malarial Parasite, Hemogram and Urine test. All the reports are normal but still I am not cured and still having the same problem. Please advise.
I am feeling slight headache for more than 3 months can you suggest me how to overcome this problem.Please tell sir.
I am 26yr Male. Facing issues during erection, glans are very tight, not coming out. Even if glans are pulled out manually its very paining. Will it cause infertility? Or any problems during sexual intercourse? Pls suggest me how to overcome this issue?
Coconut water helps in removing sun tan, prevents blackheads, gives you a glowing skin. Aids in weight loss and above all reduce the sign of aging.