Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rachana RawatYour feedback matters!
Dear dr, Weather early symptoms of pregnancy is compulsory be c now my wife has close to 18 day past ovulation and don't have any symptoms. So please let me clear.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands regularly to avoid the spread of bacteria and virus.
- Use a tissue and handkerchief. Don't cover your mouth with your hand while sneezing or coughing. Germs and viruses cling to bare hands and muffling coughs and sneezes often result in passing along the germs to others.
- A warm salt water gargle can temporarily relieve a sore or scratchy throat.
- Drink warm milk. Milk does not cause mucus builds up. In fact, the protein, calories and fat in the milk make you strong.
- Decaffeinated tea or warm beverages can be soothing and can help break up mucus.
- Getting enough sleep is vital for a healthy immune system. Resting when you first come down with a cold helps your body direct its energy toward the immune battle.
- Ventilate the room. Tb bacteria spread easily in small closed rooms where the air doesn't move. If it's not too cold outside, open the windows and use a fan to blow the indoor air outside.
- If you have a cough which lasts for more than a week, wear a surgical mask when you're outside and around people
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients.
I have a small cyst on both of my breast but it neither pains me firstly I do not know what is it but now this things pinch me out what is it? What should I do?
My period missed for 10 days its happens first time and I checked at home with home tester but it s negative I have more pain in back and little bit pain in my tummy all of the time so tell me what can I do?
Dear Sir, My wife is delay her period 7 days which time I check she is pregnant or not And I am not won't to be by then what I do please suggest me.
meri age 24 hai before one month's main pregnant thi after delivery main apne pair par Khadi nhi ho pa rhi hu. 6th or 7th month se ye pair ki problem start ho gyi. What should I do?
A detox diet is a temporary food habit, which involves detoxifying your body without causing much stress. Detoxifying includes cleansing your body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses that build up inside it. It usually lasts for a few days, and a detox diet consists of foods that are easy to digest and low in fat and protein. These foods help liver function and increase your metabolism, which brings about the detoxification progress.
Some of the constituents of a detox diet are:
1) Drinking copious amounts of water - Water performs many bodily functions like regulating body temperature, hydrating the body, regulating bowel movements etc. One such vital function is flushing out toxins. The more water you drink, the more toxins get flushed out of your body. Drinking eight glasses of water each day is advisable. Plus, water also helps to control hunger.
2) Munch on fruits and vegetables - Replacing your daily diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber, can help remove toxins. It also provides the body with necessary nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits rich in fiber are spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, beans, artichoke and many others.
3) Eating oranges, lemons or limes - Citric acid helps to dissolve toxins within the body and increases and improves the functioning of the liver. Lemons contain the highest amounts of citric acid and eating them on a daily basis can be highly beneficial.
4) Drinking herbal tea - Herbal tea, which is a huge source of antioxidants and water, helps to flush toxins out of the body. Green tea is a good example of this and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as well.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Quick-fix Detox Drinks That Will Do Damage Control
Walking is a simple activity and it should remain simple. We have forgotten to walk properly since many of us have a desk job. Many of us just shuttle between the bed, car and the desk only. For us walking a mile or so requires too much effort and time. However, it is important that we include walking in our everyday life.
But as we start adding the simplest way of exercise in our daily lives, it is important that we do the same correctly. The proper posture - the proper time and the right attitude is essential.
Proper walking posture is efficient and easy on the body. Poor walking postures can cause early fatigue, discomfort and even injury. Walking properly involves the whole body - from head to toe.
HEAD: Walk tall, do not lean forward/backward and stand straight.
You don't have to look down. Always look forward, at least 20 feet ahead. The chin should be parallel to the ground and the ears should be directly on your shoulders. Your back should be straight and should not be slouching and walking. Focus on head and whole body will fall in line.
SHOULDERS: 'Relax ', shrug once and let the shoulders fall back and lift your chest.
If you are stressed, then you might have tight and raised shoulders. It is best to let go of oneself and relax. Let your shoulders fall back and lift your chest. Walk proud and confident.
ARMS: 'Swing', it generates extra momentum and increases calorie burning.
Hands should be relaxed. The opposite arm and leg coordination should be there and your arms should be swinging together. Your leg and arm movement ensures that your body is in close coordination with walking. This also helps in building a momentum and opting for an option called power walking - an exceptional way to lose weight.
CORE: 'Brace your core'
Core is the muscle group that surrounds the torso or the mid skeleton. It provides stability and should be activated while walking by tightening your abdominal muscles.
LEGS: 'Align and level'
Hips should be fairly level, legs should comfortably swing on you stride. Keep your knees tightly bent and do not roll in or out while walking. Your knees must remain properly aligned with the hips and feet.
The heels should strike first with the toes pulled up at 45 degrees. Then roll through the step from head to toe and finally push off with your big toe to move into the next step. Wear flexible shoes as stiff shoes will slap down rather than roll through. Finally, make your walk comfortable and enjoyable.
Focus on one or two points per walk and gradually in few weeks you can master all of the points without having to think about it.
Hi doc. My last LMP was on 5th august 2016. And the earlier was on 15th july 2016. I took a home pregnancy test on 28th day of cycle and it came positive with one slightly faint line. I took a home pregnancy test again on 30th day of cycle but with different brand and it showed one dark c line and one t very faint line. What does it indicate? Am I am pregnant or not? I am worried because I had a miscarriage of 23 weeks fetus 6 months back.
Hello doctor, in 8th month of pregnancy for constipation which medicine is useful in a tablet form .Please tell.
What are the different symptoms of heart attack, cardiac arrest and stroke?
Many people put cardiac arrest, heart attack and a stroke in the same category. But all these conditions differ in symptoms, severity and background. Making a difference between these three health issues is really important, in order to know how to help a patient and how to prevent any of the conditions becoming more severe. To learn and educate yourselves more, read the full explanation of these conditions below:
1. Heart attack
This represents a circulation disorder. In case a person's blood flow is blocked or oxygen deprived, the blood does not get to the heart muscle and if left untreated immediately, could kill the organ. It is important to know that the heart is still working, when someone suffers a heart attack.
2. Cardiac arrest
This condition is known as an electrical disorder. When someone's electrical activity in the heart is disrupted, tachycardia happens and the blood flow immediately stops moving thought the body. When this happens, the heart stops working altogether.
This is also known as a brain disorder. Strokes are divided into three types:
Ischemic stroke- when the artery carrying blood and oxygen to the brain is blockedtransient ischemic attack (tia) also familiar as a mini stroke; it occurs when there is a short artery blood flow to the brainhemorrhagic stroke- this represents a ruptured artery inside the brain
Heart attack symptoms:
Here are the most common symptoms that can indicate heart attacks:
(angina) burden inside the chest, mistaken for indigestion. It repeats every few minutes. body pain- especially in the neck, back, abdomen, jaw, arms (particularly the left one) wheezing and shallow breathingcold sweatingdizziness and fatigue episodesanxietycoughingnausea
Treatment for these symptoms is usually via medication and incorporating a healthy diet.
Cardiac arrest symptoms:
These symptoms often occur minutes before cardiac arrest happens. Here they are:
Weakness black out fainting shallow breaths chest pain excessive palpitation
In some cases the person can also identify the following symptoms:
Sudden collapse shortage of breath weak or no pulse little or no responsiveness
Cardiac arrests are dangerous, because the symptoms occur rapidly and are usually lethal.
Nausea blurred speech face, arm or leg numbness or paralysis (especially on one side) headaches and vomiting mental disorientation, forgetfulness of names and places, distraction and loss of concentration impaired vision and double vision excessive sweating walking issues and dizziness transient ischaemic attack (tia)
Dear Sir/Madam My wife has been operated with major surgery for delivery of baby. Now three months have been completed. Yesterday she had got period. Is there any problem for feeding of a baby? Will she get surplus milk for her baby? please Tel me or educate me regarding this topic thoroughly.
My sister face problem of having nill milk to feed her baby after pregnancy for 3 months and so going on. Please give solution for secretion of milk from breast.
My friends having her periods. So that she is taking some capsules to reduce pain name of cipcal is Meftalspac. Is it good to take his capsules to control periods and pain. If any problem by taking them?
Hello doc, I am 31 years having 1 girl child of 8 yrs. Tryn to have our 2nd baby. Bt lckng sumwhr may b.what is the best time to conceive. Please advice. Thanks.
I am 23 old age. I eat a periods control tablet and after 10 days I am having sex with my boyfriend. And after sex I eat unwanted72 but nothing is happen when I eat unwanted72. Now I eat pregnant control pill. After 22 days my periods is not happen but my stomach is paining rapidly. So please help what to do. Because I do not want to be pregnant.
These days everything is available, including a new body. You can get a new nose, jaw, perky breasts and yes, a brand new hymen as well, all through plastic surgery. The procedure of hymen restoration or reconstruction is called hymenoplasty, hymenorrhaphy, virginity surgery or just hymen reconstruction surgery. The hymen, as you know is a ring-like membrane in a woman’s vagina. It usually ruptures due to vigorous exercise or sexual penetration. This is also usually the reason many women, egged on by families, decide to go for the reconstruction of their hymen because certain cultures value female virginity and losing one’s virginity before marriage is a taboo.
Benefits: The benefits of hymenoplasty , if any, are that it allows women to take control of their futures in conservative societies. If she has been sexually active pre-marriage, she can still decide to go for a traditional marriage without the fear of ostracization. Hymenoplasty surgery restores the ability of the hymen to bleed at intercourse on the wedding night. Victims of sexual assault can also use the procedure to get over the traumatic event and its memories. Some women like to get a hymen rejuvenation to feel young again.
Procedure: Hymenorrhaphy can be done months or years after a woman loses her virginity. It must be performed only by a plastic surgeon. In this procedure, the torn edges of the hymen are sutured back together. If done correctly, the touched-up hymen appears as good as new and bleeds on sexual penetration. Sutures dissolve by themselves after a few days. Hospital stay is only 5-6 hours post hymenorrhaphy. The procedure is done under anesthesia and it usually takes less than an hour to finish. Patients are discharged from hospital the same day and are advised not to do any vigorous activity like playing games, climbing stairs, and of course sex.
Risk involved: There are no documented risks of hymenoplasty and there are no complications either, if the surgeon is good. If an adverse reaction occurs, it’s temporary. Usually any discomfort in the private parts and swelling in the outer parts of the vagina usually subsides within days.
Recovery: The recovery time is minimal and the patient can return to work next day, if she wants. Complete healing, though, takes approximately 4 weeks. Good hygiene is important to avoid infection. Patients are advised to contact their doctor immediately after a hymenorrhaphy if there is fever, abdominal pain, bleeding from vagina or the reconstructed hymen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.