Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rachana KambleYour feedback matters!
Sir, my front teeth are not properly attached, they are back and forth with respect to each other (by birth as I think) and they are yellowish coloured. I brush it two times a day but it does not disappearing and my jaws are perfect and I have no disease of teeth. I asked this question because I am going in defence line through NDA. Thats why it is very necessary to have every body part perfect. So is there any solution for this sir? Pls tell me.
I was sex a unknown girl 24 th march. After 20 days I saw some ulcer my mouth then I have tested HIV I base, again I tested 88 days and 92 days after (HIV I and 2 antibodies) my incident. All tests are nonreactive. But till now I am feeling very tension. AM I fully save? please answer?
I am 32 yers old. Suffering from lichen pales in mouth gums, lips, what can I do? please tel me treatment.
I have braces Does removing it before my treatment affects my teeth Because I hate that braces It had hurt my tongue.
I am 19 yrs old. But my teethare decaying. My back teeth are getting black. I brush my teeth daily. But still I have this problem. Suggest me a solution.
I want to fix my two big front teeth. They are very big and I want to make them smaller. IIs it possible ?
I suffered from mouth and tongue ulcers 15 times in last 5 month. Can you say me the reason behind this.
What is best alternate available to implant as I am afraid of getting it done. I am 50 yr old. Gums are not too good, my doctor told me that implant is possible. Please advice, today I am using removable denture for upper 2 front teeth.
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that the teeth is held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options, relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Secondly, the choices of the braces:
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then connecting all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not esthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. This is esthetic and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, visit your dentist and find out how!
I am 55 year old have a problem regarding my teeth \mouth having some smell and teeth pain gum pain.
We all look at pictures of our favorite celebrities and long to have that perfect while smile showing off well-aligned teeth. However, due to various reasons, our teeth do not seem to be like theirs. Some of the reasons for the not-so-white teeth include:
- Food habits like excessive cola, coffee, tea
- Tobacco chewing and smoking
- Fluoride deposits seen in people in which the community water has excessive fluoride content
- Side effect of medications like tetracyclines.
However, with teeth achieving major cosmetic value, a lot of developments have happened and now a set of white pearls need not just be a dream. Whether it is just one tooth which is oddly colored or the entire set has taken on a darker shade, teeth whitening procedure comes to the rescue. It is well within the reach of most people, with options that can be managed both in the office and at the convenience of your homes.
Whatever the technique, the basic chemical is the same, hydrogen peroxide, which is a well-known bleaching agent. This works very well on extrinsic stains and may take repeated visits to the dentist to whiten teeth with intrinsic stains like fluorosis.
Things to remember:
Before going ahead with teeth whitening, the dentist will inform you that:
- Cavities need to be treated before teeth can be whitened
- Receded gums need to be treated before teeth whitening
- Any crown work that is pending should be done before the teeth whitening can be done.
Once all the above mentioned things have been take care of, the next step is to clean the teeth completely. This cleaning will ensure that your teeth are free of bacteria and other deposits. The patient's impressions are then taken to make customized trays.
The dentist will provide you with a kit, which contains the trays and the bleaching material. The material should be applied on to the trays, left in place in the mouth to produce the bleaching effect. This may need to be repeated for about 2 to 3 weeks.
Whitening can be done on vital teeth or on non-vital teeth-
- Vital teeth are usually bleached in the clinic, where the bleaching agent is applied on the tooth. It is then activated by a laser light to produce the active chemical that whitens the teeth. If the staining is excessive, then in-house vital tooth whitening may be followed by a couple of home applications.
- Non-vital teeth: Teeth which are root canal treated turn brown over a period of time. Whitening these root canal treated teeth is known as non-vital tooth whitening.
So, if you are not happy with your set of teeth, there is always a solution – get them whitened and see your smile broaden.