Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
My eyes are remains always red when I got up to sleep my eyes are more red please tell me what can I do for my eyes.
I am 60 years old. Since the last four years a sound is coming from my right ears. I often feel giddiness also. Taken a lot of treatment but no relief. Apollo doctors said I am acute allergic. Now with the sound I feel heaviness in my head. I do not know what to do? Please suggest some remedy.
I powers are -10 and -11. My age is 20 yrs. And I see huge number of floaters. Doc said I have thin retinal membrane. What precautions is to be taken. Any cure if any? Thanks in advance.
My eyes are very week. I want to remove my spec's. Please guide me to remove specs. How to remove specs?
15 Suprising things that your EYES can reveal about your HEALTH
During a comprehensive eye exam, our doctors do much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Here is the list things which an experienced eye doctor (Ophthalmologist) can diagnose while examining your eyes:
2. Sjrogen syndrome
3. Vitamin A Deficiency
4. Brain Tumors and other space occupying lesions
5. Trigeminal Neuralgia
6. Wilson's Disease
7. Risk for Diabetes Mellitus
8. Tuberculosis, Sarcoidosis
9. Risk of Hypertension
10.Diseases tranferred during pregnancy (Toxoplasmosis, Rubella, etc.)
11. Multiple Sclerosis
12. Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
13. Hereditary Disease (Marphan Syndrome, Homocysteinuria)
14. Bells (Facial Nerve) Palsy
Recently I visited eye specialist. Eyes were dilated and examined. From the next day itself I have allergy like condition like watering of eyes, itching, swelling and redness in eyes. I am allergic to ampicillin. Please suggest a remedy. This condition persists for a week. Thank you K Shanmugam.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.