Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My skin is always itching. Specifically during night. Can't sleep. I have thyroid problem and also little bit sugar.
Please tell me how to I reduce the size of my right testis. Once I went to a doctor. The doctor give me a medicine, by this medicine my testis size reduced but my medicine was finished. Now my size of testis are not completely reduced. There is no pain in my testis. Please tell me the medicine through which my testis size reduced.
Sir. I use to masturbate since 9 th. Can't stop doing that. Max one wk I can control. Then again I start doing masturbate. Then again everyday em doing. Ma balls luk small. Early ejection. Em very scared. Ple help me.
My mom has bloating problems. She even bleeds sometime in toilet. And when she touches her lower abdomen she feels a prickling pain. Nowadays it is recurrent. Mom also has gas problems Please recommend what should we do. She is 42 years old. And has regular gas problems.
Owing to the change in weather, I have tonsils and cold cough. Please suggest suitable remedy for the same.
I am 44year old lady my wait is around 98 kg my hight is 5'4" inches, I suffering a have pain in my body, how about loose my wait and relief body pain.
Sir my wife is suffering sugar, bp, platelets count down. I am awaiting your valuable suggestion very soon medicine for platelets count down.
Are hypothyroidism and migraine can be cured completely by Ayurveda treatment? If so can you help on that?
I am 20 years old and am having a very soft whistle blowing like sound in my left ear for a few months doctors are saying that it is due to early s/n component. They are also saying that a nerve has been damaged in the ear and the sound is incurable so what should I do?
I have a very weak body, I can't eat properly. I have a problem with digest system. I am very thin and Ill also what can I do at this moment please help?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I feel sleepy in the night still I am not able to sleep. My mind think about lots of negative things. Please help me.
I have got severe tonsil infection I think. I am not able to swallow saliva it hurts and tonsils are closed to each other. What to do?
I am 23 years old guy, from last 6 years I have a night fall problem, due to which my weight has become 48kg and apart from that I work in a night shift in BPO. So I need a suggestion what should I include in my diet so that I gain my weight within 6 months. Please rly with valuable suggestions. Thank you.
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.