Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. R NerlikarYour feedback matters!
Sir besides my left knee pain I am also disturbed from pain in lower parts of leg (Talwa) mostly in front, when I started to walk after bed or during sitting on lower parts of leg (Talwa) it started pain. Also there is pain in my leg muscles. In a line I am suffering from pain in knee to lower parts of leg. Sir what is the reason behind this pain and how can it treated I am really disturbed from it. There is a habit of masturbation.
Hi. I am a 25 years old female. I want to know about my back pain. Whenever I sleep more. There is a pain in my back. Please reply me as soon as possible.
Sir, my wife has rheumatoid arthritis, TEST RESULTS ARE, ANA (+VE) 8.18, AND CRP LX 20.86 & RA FACTOR is 14.2, Plzz suggest best treatment for this disease, my wife have pain and swelling in hand, feet, knees. We are taking ayurvedic treatment, but not getting any result, plzz suggest.
If I keep on working with systems, will I get back pain or any other side effects? Please suggest solutions.
Sir i am suffering from bow legs and scoliosis I want to join defence services is yoga is a good solution for me.
Hi All My mom met an accident with head injury Right FTP SDH and midline shift done the surgery on the same day carinoectomy on 6/11/2016 but still she is semi unconscious there have body movements but not yet open her eyes removed ventilator before 30 hrs may I know when she can open her eyes and how long it will take to become normal here I attached recent CT scan.
I am 20 years old boy I have pain in knee alway. I am using move cream bt it did not give better result, What should I do?
Sir, I am going to gym from last friday. I regularly goes for workout every morning. I train about 1 hour. Day by day pain on my chest and shoulder is increasing. What should I do to reduce my pain? Will it keep on. Is this pain bad for my health? What food should I add to my diet? How can I remain healthy? Will any health problem occurs by the gym workout?
I am 38 years old male patient. I am suffering from backache and neck pain every day because of not clearing stool. Every afternoon I feel that my soft muscle of rectum is expanded. I've sugar tendency also. Lap of my eyes also look expand all time. Please tell me remedy of this.
Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting.
Sometimes you may experience back pain because of exertion - you spent the entire day doing the same kind of job or maybe you bent in a wrong manner while picking up your child. However, the actual cause of your spinal agony may not be very clear, but it pays to be aware of the possible reasons that can cause backache. It is good to consult a doctor if your back pain is consistent and recurrent.
Here are few of the causes:
1. The position of your pelvis: The pelvis consists of three bones that can shift depending on which muscles become weak or stiff. This brings about a pull in the muscle of the lower back, resulting in severe strain to this area. You should consult a physiotherapist for suggestions regarding the best exercises for strengthening your pelvic area.
2. Weak abdominal muscles: A cause of your back pain can be weak stomach muscles. Abdominal muscles play an important role in balancing out the constant bending that your back muscles perform. When you've weak abdominal muscles, your spine is not able to maintain proper balance, resulting in severe stress on the spinal column.
3. Disc injuries: Located between the bones of your spine, discs perform the function of a shock absorber. Physical injury to these padded cushions can cause them to break open, leading to a condition known as herniated disc. This can then bring about pain in the back area.
Few other causes behind back pain
- Weak back muscles
- Weak osteoporotic back bones
- Disc disease
- Facet joint arthopathy (degenerative or traumatic )
- Sacro Iliac joint pain
- Infection of the spinal bones
- Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting. Some people inherit back pain. Degenerative disc disease can be genetic or inherited. That is why we see degenerative spinal changes causing chronic back pain in some young age group patients without any apparent cause.
- Cancers which can be primary or metastasis
Few precautions that can be taken for a hurting back. Despite the causes, there are certain precautions that you can take, which are:
- Avoid sitting in a bad posture, that is, keep your back straight as much as you can. Pull and stretch your body in continual intervals to keep it relaxed.
- Consult the right physician instead of doing exercise that can aggravate your pain.
- Take a break from work and go for short walks, every couple of hours.
Most often back pain will resolve itself in 3 to 6 weeks time and does not need to be treated. Please note, bed rest of no more than 2 days is required. Bed rest may weaken the back muscles and prolong back pain. If the back pain continues or increases, investigations are required. Expensive Investigations like MRI is usually over prescribed and will be needed only if neuro deficit is present or infection is suspected.
- Physical rehabilitation and Pain medication like NSAID.
- Neuropathic pain medications for neural compression (gabapentin or pregabalin).
Minimally invasive procedures which have revolutionised the treatment for back pain and saved millions from spinal surgeries include
- Radiofrequency ablation treatment for Facet pain
- Transforaminal blocks for nerve compression
- SCS for chronic back pain
- Intra thecal pumps
- Intradiscal Radiofrequency procedures. ( this procedure makes the disc painless ).
Surgery should be the last option and should be restricted to patients having progressive neuro deficit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.