Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.N.Inamdar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. R.N.InamdarYour feedback matters!
My wife is undergoing psychiatric treatment in ICU of a general hospital foy shizoprenia since 4 days while being tied up tightly. There is no improvement. Doctor has advise 1. Shock treatment 2 Rehab. What about injecting her directly with medicine for one month as reserve and resuming normal life. Would that help. I['m keen not to harm her in any way.
Geriatric psychiatry focuses on the psychological as well as biological aspects of normal ageing, the effects of chronic and acute physical illness and the psychosocial considerations of the primary psychiatric disturbances of older age. The medical practitioners of this branch of psychiatry focus on early intervention, offering continuous care, applying new therapies and also accessing clinical research protocols.
Importance of geriatric psychiatry
The rising number of senior individuals, indicates that we need better understanding of how the process of aging affects the mental health of a person. Common ailments like depression, dementia and stroke are likely to affect a person as he grows old. Such people become helpless in the face of odds and struggle to function normally or to cope with.
Common signs of a mentally affected aged person
Most people over the age of 65 become susceptible to a host of mental and physical illnesses, therefore it is important that we must know the signs of geriatric psychiatry so that we can prevent both patients and caregivers. Signs which can help you indentify such an issue
- Threatening the safety of the caregivers with objects at their disposal.
- Thinking about and even trying to end their lives
- Behaving in such a manner that it becomes challenging for the family members and the caregivers.
- Showing symptoms which become hard to diagnose as well as treat.
- Constantly interfering in the activities of other people.
- Shouting and becoming violent.
- Saying that they do not require any help even though they are ailing or are in an unsafe condition.
The geriatric psychiatrists are professional experts dealing with the health conditions of such affected elderly people. They aim to help those suffering from chronic depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, late life addiction disorders and many other problems which may even include physical problems.
Ways to treat the affected individuals
- Older people may have different social, mental and physical needs than younger people. The geriatric psychiatrists understand this and aim to offer a comprehensive solution to all the problems faced by the affected individuals.
- The treatment plan include medical treatments for the underlying physical conditions and also gives support for the mental issues by listening to as well as responding to the needs and demands of the sufferer.
- A comprehensive treatment program typically comprises of medications, family support, social help, environmental concerns and other things as applicable to help the person live as healthily as possible.
If any of your loved ones is suffering from these problems, you should immediately seek medical aid. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!