Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R Mujumder
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R MujumderYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old lady married last day I have tested as pregnant and my periods stops for 35 days I want to use mifegest kit to stop my pregnancy please suggest its uses as its side effects and precautions its not possible for me to go for a gynecologist please help.
Having intercourse during periods , does it reduce the flow of periods ? I had on my 2nd day and now on 4th day flow of periods has reduced.
Please anyone tell STD panel after 6 months is conclusive or not I have done following test 1 HIV PCR RNA qualitative after 19 days negative 2. STD PANEL in Thyrocare after 3 months, negative 3. STD PANEL in Thyrocare after 6 months, negative ABI mujhe hepatitis b and c ka worry ho Raha, kya mujhe ABI help b ke live vaccine Leni chea ya nahin? Kya Mai hep b or c se free hu ya mujhe or wait karna hoga or fir or koi test karna hoga or yadi kena hoga to konsa? please tell me any one .I am very worried.
Hello, I am Dr Pallavi Vasal consultant Obstetrics and gynaecologist. Today I will be talking about abnormal uterine bleeding so, abnormal uterine bleeding is bleeding anywhere from the genital tract which is unusual. It can occur as in the form of spotting or bleeding before the periods or in between periods, after sex or it can be longer than a normal period, heavier than normal or if the bleeding is happening after menopause. If we divide the causes of abnormal uterine bleeding if we see young girls who have it as they started with the menstrual period. It usually because of trauma and any foreign body, irritation of the genital tract or an urine tract infection, but we have to be very careful about this sexual abuse, in young girls if it is happening, In adolescence during the teenage it can be during the first few years of the after the attaining the menstrual cycles it can happen in the first few years. This is because of the hormonal changes, which are happening in the girl’s body. But in that case, also we need to rule out any kind of pregnancy, infection any bleeding disorders or any other medical illness. In the reproductive age, group pregnancy has to be ruled of first because that is the most common cause of the abnormal bleeding in the reproductive age group. Then it can be because of the abnormal gain in weight or sudden loss in weight, intake off or any hormones or in use of any contraceptive intrauterine contraceptive virus, in pre-menopause that is between the age of 40 to 50 years of age, it can be because of the Ovulatory dysfunction that means there they are changes in the hormones when the periods are about to end because of that the hormones they are dysregulated that lead to abnormal bleeding. It can be because of fibroid in the womb or it can be because of the increased thickness of the lining of the womb or the growth of the endometrial polyp. So pregnancy precancerous or the cancers of the cervic, so any kind of cancers this also needs to be taken care off. And in the postmenopause, so in the postmenopause it is very important to see if a lady has started bleeding again after attaining the menopause, this leads to being because we need to rule out cancer because it is very scary and if it is diagnosed at a very early stage it can be treated very nicely. The another most common cause in menopause age group is atrophic days, thinning of the lining of the vagina and the womb sometimes that leads to irregular bleeding or growth of polyp for fibroid or infection in the uterus that can also lead to abnormal bleeding in women who are menopause. Now the symptoms as we discussed the symptoms are like bleeding or spotting in between the periods, the periods are less than 26 days more than 35 days heavy bleeding or prolonged bleeding during the periods. As we go ahead you need to go to a gynaecologist get a general checkup done along with the abdominal examination and the internal examination and then usually ultrasound is very much required in these cases to rule out anything which can be treated by surgery or the treatment can be with the medicines. Now a couple of blood test like CBC, the complete blood count, the hormonal profile, the infection screen, the pregnancy test all these needs to be done. The treatment is based on the cause, if there is no significant pathology identified then hormonal correction is required and this is done with hormonal therapy, which can be oral, injectable or in the form of intrauterine contraceptive device or if there is a particular cause like fibroid or polyp, then that needs to be removed through the surgery. In menopause age group we advise endometrial biopsy even if there is nothing but significant in the ultrasound because we need to rule out cancer in a patient who has attained menopause but still are having periods. So the important things I would say is too young girls especially avoid taking an excess of hormones or you should maintain a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle and there is very much there is a very high intake of I pills and adolescent that should be avoided because they have screwed up your periods and leads to irregular bleeding. For further queries, you can talk to me or connect me through Lybrate.
Me and my girlfriend had sex on 2nd January 2018. In dec 9,2017 she had period. Its January 12 but still she has not got period. Is she pregnant? What should I do now?
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.