Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R Mujumder
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R MujumderYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir/Mam How should I know the exact time of evaluation or fertile time.and what is the better time for conceive.
Tying your tubes or tubal sterilisation is also known as Tubal Ligation a process that may be carried out due to number of reasons. This kind of permanent birth control also includes cutting or blocking of the fallopian tubes so as to avoid pregnancy. With the help of this procedure, one can block the path along which the sperm travels in order to reach the egg and fertilise it. This procedure can be done at any time including right after childbirth. Read on to know more about tubal ligation.
Reasons: There are many reasons why this procedure may be conducted. This is usually done to prevent pregnancy on a permanent basis. However, it is important to remember that this procedure is suitable for everyone, therefore, one must discuss the situation with their doctor in detail, before opting for it.
Medical History: This procedure can cause further complications like excessive bleeding and others, if you have had surgery in the pelvic and abdominal area earlier, as the wounds may suffer inflammation if the procedure is recent enough. Also, if you have a medical history of obesity or even diabetes, then this can create further complications after the procedure.
Infection: If the wound does not heal properly, then there is a chance of catching infections in the area which can lead to excessive bleeding, pain and fever along with other complications that have to do with the procedure and the organs at play.
Guarantee: This procedure cannot prevent sexually transmitted diseases. Also, one must remember that less than one out of 100 women who go through this procedure, actually get pregnant. Yet, if you are relatively young when the procedure happens, there are higher chances of the procedure failing to prevent pregnancy. Also, in such cases, the risk of ectopic pregnancy increases quite significantly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is anal sex safe and what should one can use for lubrication and which position we should try? Is it safe to do without protection?
I want to do sex with my gf. Which is best material for prevent pregnancy condom or pill? It's the pill have side effects what are they? Which the best brand condom?
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either.
1st may 2016 was my 1st marriage anniversary, we are trying for baby from last 8 months. Please suggests what we do.
My wife is 53 years. We use to have sex often But of late she does not seem to be interested Any particular reason?
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.