Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R M ShetiyaYour feedback matters!
My wife is on 3 months pregnant. Can I still have sex with my wife. Or at what month I should stop sex.
She told me that she had her first sex with her boyfriend,& now she is feeling may be she is pregnant. Bt she told me that his boyfriend used a protection. My sister is only 18 years old please tell me wht to do?
If I marry my second cousin. What will be the birth defects. We can overcome problems .if we take necessary precautions.
I am 30 years old female i went to infertility hospital they said cyst should be gon to start the ivf process it well go naturally pl tell me or any food advice.
My menstruation is delayed to 6 days and I have felt a lot of headaches pain in the foot gives belly much urge to pee more I did the test and it gave negative what will it be?
How do I know whether my spouse is pregnant or not? Today is her 28 the day and it's her menstrual date. How to know naturally whether c is pregnant or not. And if need check up will check at home. But when to checkup to get accurate results.
I am having pcos and I am taking Normoz from last 8 months. But from last 6 months my periods are regular but in July although my periods came on time but the bleeding is very less. Please help me.
My friend had tried sex with her boyfriend but they cannot make it. Her boyfriend tried (putting cpndom on) 4-5 times to enter but as he try, she started having pain. One more time they tried without putting condom on but again the same problem. He ejaculate outside after 10-15 minutes. My question is there stand a chance of her getting pregnant? After all this, when goes to pee and there was blood coming out. Please suggest something. Should she take i-pill to avoid any chance? She is in doubt.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.